Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

A Chapter by Joey

She gave me another chance Jason thought to himself ringing L’s door bell, I hope I don’t screw this one up, although this was another double date he had set up. Not only was it a double date, but also the second couple comprised of their own best friends who’ve never met. To make things even worse for Jason, Ken tagged along despite every “get lost” hint Jason expressed.

            Valentine opened the door and gave an excited greeting to Jason.

            “Hi, Jason!”

            “Hey there, Valentine” He replied back politely. “This is Jay, he’s…uhh.” His voice began to fade, his words escaping him in astonishment as he laid his eyes on L. She came into the doorway emerging enticingly gorgeous to the eye while inspiring his feeling to hype causing his heart to soar. Everything around Jason just faded away; his eyes locked on those delicious lips forming her tantalizing smile. He couldn’t help but bite his own lip while he traced her curves up and down her sleek, slender form. His stomach conjured butterflies admiring the long, black elegant hair swaying down her perfectly, smooth porcelain skin.  His mind became blank with no thoughts, no words to utter, nothing went through his mind as it morphed into a sponge only being able to absorb every inch of her intoxicating figure. His eyes found themselves gazing into L’s. Never has he witnessed such a delightful shade of brown in anyone’s eyes. He lost himself with sensation sinking deeper and deeper into the iris’ apprehending his heart.

            Jason was completely lost within love for L. She soon brought him back from the fascination he ascended himself in for her wrapping her arms around him tightly causing air to fill his breathless, speechless trance. He couldn’t help himself from enfolding her into his own embrace imagining she shared the same feelings he was cumbered with.

           Jay and Valentine traded smirked looks letting out a small “awe” together giving awkwardness to the situation. L and Jason released one another both dowsed in embarrassment turning away. He gave a look back toward her right away whispering with a cracked voice “Hello.” She also turned toward him and replied back a hello. They matched each other smile for smile both blushing.

          “So, lets go?” Jay asks hoping to kill the awkwardness he and Valentine developed.

“umm, yeah” Jason replies scratching the back of his head hoping to relieve some tension. They each made their way back toward Jason’s car quietly without a word. Jay politely opened the passenger for the girls to get in.

“Hi Ken.” Valentine greeted as she and L entered the back seat, but before Ken could say anything Jason protested to the action. “What’re you doing?”

         “Umm, getting in the car?” Valentine replied as if speaking to obliviousness.

         “L should get into the front seat. Jay, you get in back with Valentine and Ken.” Jay agreed and helped L out of the back and made his own way back there next to Valentine. L planted herself into the seat next to Jason buckling herself in as Jason ignited the engine and away they went.

          Making their way downtown cars passed leaving streams of lights in their flanks. L and Valentine were laughing and making crude jokes back and forth. Ken gave his obnoxious laugh trying to join in on the fun as Jay tossed his two cents in every now and then. They were all enjoying the ride until Jason opened his mouth with a joke of his own.

The reaction he got wasn’t quite what he expected though. After a small silence, L began to laugh at his joke but Valentine soon interrupted saying “That’s her fake laugh.” Everyone in the car including Jason began laughing, mostly at the fact that Jason is completely terrible at telling any sort of joke.  At least she tried making me feel better Jason thought to himself happy that she gave a fake laugh instead of the blank silence and stares he got from everyone else in the car.

          Arriving at the theater Jason quickly found parking close by the ticket booth and the five went in to purchase their tickets. Jason, of course paid for himself and L. He’s never been the type to let a girl pay for anything if he was around. Jay did the same as well for Valentine and Ken just paid for himself. Jason, Jay and Ken all pitched in on buying snacks and drinks for everyone. What’s a movie without movie snacks right?

          “I’m all excited about this move!” Jason exclaimed.

          “You’re not going to pull us out of this movie again are you?” L said teasingly. Remembering the last time and how horrible it went he just smiled and replied “no way, this movie looks way too good to leave.” L just gave a blank stare and slowly let out a “right…”

         They all found themselves sitting atop the theater as the lights dimmed and the movie began. During some point in the movie Jason was getting really nervous and wanted to put his arm around L but didn’t know how to go about it. He ran scenario after scenario through his head how he was going to get his arm around her petite shoulders. He couldn’t think of anything; he didn’t want to attempt that lame cliché yawning move. He gave a glance over at Jay and Valentine. Jay had already wrapped his arm around her and Jason was trying to figure out how he did it. He finally looked over at L getting her attention.

         “Hey, you know what would be cool?” Jason asked.

         “What?” L replied as Jason put his arm around her pulling her in a bit closer. He just smiled and turned his attention back to the movie. L still looking at him expectantly asked again “what would be cool?” Jason looked back at her a bit confused and realized he never actually told her anything.
“umm, well my arm around you like this, I thought that would be cool.” He said nervous all over again. “Oh” she replied. Jason now realized what he did was super lame. Although L thought is was a lame move too, she found his lameness to be quite cute, of course Jason didn’t know, nor would he find this valuable information out until later on.

          During some point in the movie Valentine and Jay initiated a popcorn fight between the two. The fight slowly extended to Jason, L and Ken. Popcorn began to fly in the air left and right.The buttery artillery hit each one of them without mercy. The people surrounding seemed to be annoyed with the war of popcorn going on but the small group of friends paid no mind to them. Jason made a finishing blow with a handful of popcorn gearing toward L’s mouth causing her to eat the cluster. L retaliated dumping the bag all over Jason finishing the war with a bang. There was silence between everyone for a short period and all together laughter emerged.

         The nervousness Jason once felt dissipated. He could hold L close to him in comfort. To Jason, holding L felt so normal, so right, so at home. His soul, mind, and whole body were at ease,relaxed. Jason’s mind couldn’t comprehend how she did this to him, but at the same time he didn’t even care to know, he just wanted to remain within the serenity she surround him in.

          Jason pulled up into L’s drive way not wanting to leave. He didn’t want the night to end; he didn’t want to not be around her. He and Jay walked the two girls back to their door although Jay and Valentine said their goodbyes so quickly Jason and L were left at the door together just the two of them.

         “Well, I guess this is goodbye then huh?” Jason said in a low voice not hiding his detest to the thought of leaving.

         “I guess so.” She replied back. The awkwardness began to fill the air once more, but Jason took her into his arms for a warm embrace quickly dissipating it from existence. They stayed within each others arms for short duration of time, which to them felt timeless. The two felt something between one another, a connection, a deep joint feeling each could feel. Releasing from embrace they looked into the eyes of one another. This point in a movie is when a romantic kiss would be shared between the quivering lips of the lovers, but seeing as this wasn’t a movie nor were they lovers, Jason made sure not to move too fast with her. He simply implanted a small gentle kiss upon her forehead and gave a joyful smile as he departed from L.



© 2014 Joey


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

gah! so cheesy romantic so cute! :D its so good :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Joey

9 Years Ago

Ha Thank you! I'm so glad you Enjoy it!
yuki

9 Years Ago

my pleasure of reading :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 24, 2014
Last Updated on August 24, 2014


Author

Joey
Joey

Albuquerque, NM



About
A boy, feeling stuck within his own skin, spills his heart soaking the pages in bloody ink hoping somebody will understand. more..

Writing
Well Thank You Well Thank You

A Poem by Joey