Chapter Four

Chapter Four

A Chapter by Joey

The smoke cleared revealing rubble and flames left in the wake of a chaotic six-car crash. Vehicles were demolished, cars war in flames and people lay all around ejected from their seats. Jason emerged from his miraculously unscathed car. He managed to dodge the crashing automobiles around him and maneuvered his away around the wreckage. He had yanked the emergency brake and spin into a drift in order to get around an F150 screeching in his direction. He had very close calls, almost got caught up in the chaos, but it looks like he’s got something looking out for him.

            Jason made his way through all the rubble checking every body around. He wasn’t finding a pulse anywhere. No one was breathing. The life of everyone around escaped the cold bodies scattered across the highway. He checked one, two, three bodies. Left and right, but no body seemed to survive the horrific accident. Jason couldn’t believe the mess he was in. He fell to his knees in despair wrapping his arms around his torso. His chest grew tight and the tears only excelled. He cried out in pain, he had never seen a dead body before, much less so many surrounding him. He couldn’t take it. He just cried and cried over all the lives lost around him. His whole being was enveloped with sadness and fear for their them.

Jason continued to weep out resting his head on the warm concrete. The tears rolled out and crashed all around him. He stopped at the sound of shriek. He shut off the water works and silenced himself so that he may better listen. A few seconds passed and there it was again, the sound of someone in pain. He sprang back to his feet quickly and was immediately filled with hope for someone’s life. He opened his ears trying to listen for the direction of the cry for help.

            As soon as heard the cry once more he bolted toward source. He ran as fast as he could toward the vehicle it was apparently coming from. When he arrived seconds later he found a young girl trapped in a flipped Corolla S.

            She saw Jason arrive to the car and cried out to him for help. The car was smashed really badly; her legs jabbed between the steering wheel and the wind shield. Jason received an adrenaline rush allowing him to bend the door panel away from the poor girl. Continuing with the rush he was able to break off the steering wheel and slowly pulled her out from the horrible damaged car. She wrapped her hands around his neck as he lifted her into his arms. She looked up at him as Jason walked her out the chaos. “Who are you?” She asked. Jason didn’t even take a glance down at her but replied in a low voice “just someone who also needs help.”

           She passed out in his arms. Her weak body went limp from the shock of the tragedy. He continued to carry her back to his car, looking down at as he admired her beauty. Her long black hair hanging gracefully swaying with every step, her face perfectly symmetrical and smoothed, scathed yes, but having gorgeously fluorescent skin nonetheless. She was most certainly a beauty for sure. Jason was pleased with his training routine. His muscles grew; body toned up and increased in strength. Jason was also very thankful for her slender body being so light and trimmed in a fashion he could appreciate. He could trek his away around the wreckage effortlessly with her light beautiful body in his arms.

             Arriving at his car, he managed to open his passenger door without struggle. He laid her down and reclined the seat so she may be comfortable. Shutting the door he made his way back to his driver seat. Starting his car he departed from the disaster behind him slowly accelerating on the way. He didn’t speed, but drove as fast as he could safely toward the nearest hospital. As he ushered her to safely he began to recollect once more. He thought about what just took place and how he could have been involved with such a cataclysm. He knew something intervened saving his life. Maybe it was for this girl now resting by his side. Maybe his life was spared so he could save another. If Jason hadn’t been in such an emotional wreck he could have ceased way before where the accident took place. Luckily for him he was saved anyway.

             Jason thought about how much his once lover was getting to him. He couldn’t be this way anymore. He had to shake this weight off his shoulders and clear his mind from all emotional distractions. He knew his focused should be taken off the girl who crushed his heart and must be redirected to this girl who now lies in care. He knew he had to stay strong for her if she was going to survive this endeavor. Jason made a decision that night to let everything go and move on from his own tragic disaster. He had to take control of his life and start a new. Jason was going to start by helping this beautiful girl sleeping safely trusting in him.



© 2014 Joey


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
Added on August 23, 2014
Last Updated on August 23, 2014


Author

Joey
Joey

Albuquerque, NM



About
A boy, feeling stuck within his own skin, spills his heart soaking the pages in bloody ink hoping somebody will understand. more..

Writing
Well Thank You Well Thank You

A Poem by Joey