Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

A Chapter by Joey

Everyday filled with conversation from the rising sun to the bright moon illuminating the night sky. A text sent by whoever woke first and a call at night before bed. Sometimes the calls would last longer than they should, but it wouldn’t matter as long as they could listen to one another voice. The infatuation for each other grew exponentially. L was constantly on Jason’s mind. She’s all he could think of. He began romanticizing everything little thing he did. His friends soon became annoyed with the way he involved her in every one of his conversation. It wasn’t his fault, she had captured his heart and there was no struggle for release.

            He tried spending time with her as much as he could although between working at the cinema and waiting tables, his free time wasn’t so forgiving, never the less, Jason still made an effort to see L whenever possible. He began scheduling all his time around her making sure he was free at a moments notice for her. You could say his behavior became almost obsessive. Almost. Maybe just a little. Let’s call it fanatical. She was becoming his whole world already and it scared him, completely terrified, and utterly frightened him. The thought of L becoming the center piece of his world truly did scare him, but at the same time he was okay with it. It’s true it was only their second date, but when you get the feeling Jason had inside him it all becomes calming.

            Jason began scheming a scheme that would surely cause L to fall for him. The first kiss, a sure pitfall into infatuation for the one it’s shared with. The temptation and the yearning he had for her been very great the night of their second date, but he couldn’t give in and waste the first time their lips met on a cliché. He was sure he had to get it just right or things would surely go down hill again.

            Jason arrived at L’s door once more, but this time alone. This time it would be just the two of them.

            “Well hello there.” Jason said to L as she opened the door.

            “Hi” she replied throwing herself into his arms right away. He held her there for a second or two enjoying the warm embrace, but soon gave a couple of taps on her back.

            “C’mon, the movie is going to start soon.”

            “Okay, lets go.”

            The drive over on the freeway was a pleasant one. Soft rock music they both mutually enjoyed played as they held one another’s hand. There was love there no doubt about it, but of course it was much too soon for all that kind of nonsense to be thrown in the mix.

            “I can’t believe your actually going to watch Twilight with me. I hope you at least enjoy it.” She said.

            “I’m with you, how could I not enjoy it. It’s more of my time being spent with you than watching the movie that I’ll enjoy.”

            “Hmmm.” She smiled at him “I like you.” Her voice pleasant to his ears calmed every nervous nerve he may have had.

            “I like you too L.” he said smiling back.

            “Could I see your name tag please?” The ticket booth clerk asked. Jason gladly handed his name tag over over, received the tickets and ushered himself and L inside.

            “Do you want popcorn and stuff?”

            “Okay!” She excitedly exclaimed.

            Jason’s happiness overflowed at the sight of how excited she seemed with him. He had never seen anyone happier to be in his presence. He wanted so badly to give her that kiss he held back, but knew it would be much sweeter with patience.

            The two took their snacks and drinks into the theater making their way to the middle of the dark room for the best seats they could get. The Cinemark cat came on the screen parading around advertising the theaters muchness for no reason. Jason took the opportunity for a joke due to the fact of the cats name being “Front Row Joe.” The joke turned out very badly, just like every other joke that ever comes from his mouth.

            “Ha-ha your too funny.” L sarcastically pronounced.

            “Yup, the funniest!” Jason's sarcasm shot back instinctual.

            The lights dimmed as the movie trailers came on. Jason and L went back and forth making plans for which movies they would see together. Some action, a couple horror, but mostly romance movies were the ones they made a point to see with one another. Even though it was dark Jason could see the light in her eyes. This twinkle she had was surely because of him. Butterflies must’ve been soaring around in her stomach just as they did within his own each time they touched. He held her hand throughout the movie. They gripped one another tightly as though they held on for dear life. When the snacks were done with, he took it upon himself to raise the armrest, place his arm around her and pull her closer to him so her back was resting on his chest. Jason spent the rest of the movie holding her close and caressing that beautiful black hair of hers. From the position they were in he wasn’t able to see her face that well. He knew that if he saw those lips of hers now in the midst of the movie he wouldn’t be able to himself from kissing her. He was thankful for the lack of temptation. He knew he had to wait only just a little longer until the movie was out.

            Finally out the dark viewing room Jason took a big sigh letting out all the patience he had. He took L’s hand and led her to the car as they exchanged conversation discussing the movie. His mouth talking on it’s own as his mind was else where. He couldn’t get it off the moment their lips would finally meet. The anticipation was deathly.

            He ignited the engine but took a second of silence to himself before tuning the stereo. He looked over at L and smiled at the sight of her beauty.

            “Could I take you somewhere before I take you back home?”

            “Sure, I don’t mind.” A smile reaching across her face gave Jason an easy feeling making him even surer of what he was about to do. He took off onto the freeway racing down the interstate. The drive was a long one being that he was taking her almost to the outskirts of town. She looked around as they drove further and further away from the city. Noticing this Jason tried giving reassurance.

            “Don’t worry, I’m not bringing you out here to kill you and bury your body somewhere.” The words left his mouth and his mind punished him with scornful words for making him sound like a creeper once again. She replied jokingly going along with it and they both just laughed.

            Jason exited the freeway and made his way to a small dead end street parallel along the interstate. He turned up the radio a bit with the small love song mix he made earlier that day and led her outside leaving his car running. He helped her onto the hood of his car and made his way up next to her. The sight before them was certainly breath taking. The city shown bright as the lights danced across what appeared to them as a sea of lights. It really was magnificent. They were far away enough for the moonlight to shine down on them and display the grace of the stars up above.

            L’s body produced goose bumps, Jason, noticing this, was unsure if it was the mood he had set or just the coldness outside. Either way he removed the jacket from his back and covered L with it hoping to keep her warm.

            “Thank you, Jason.” L said pleased with him. As he rested his coat around her he let the fingers of his hand run through the strands of her hair as his eyes locked a gaze they both shared. His heart began to beat with intensity, hair standing on end as he began to lose himself within those captivating Iris’ like he did in front of her door weeks before. He moved his sight down to her beautiful lips. He saw a small quiver within them, Jason was finally sure the timing was perfect! His hand slid out from the strands of her hair and made it’s way down to her cheek. He caressed it a couple of times before finally leaning in. He was met half way by L when their lips touched. Their lips paired up and locked onto each other exchanging the passion they felt for one another as they lost themselves within each other so far away from everyone. Jason and L, just the two of them alone shared a passionate kiss neither of them would want to end. A kiss that surely wouldn't last forever...



© 2014 Joey


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

''midst of the movie he wouldn’t be able to himself from kissing her.'' I think theres a word missing in between to and himself.other than that its so cute! :)

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 24, 2014
Last Updated on August 24, 2014


Author

Joey
Joey

Albuquerque, NM



About
A boy, feeling stuck within his own skin, spills his heart soaking the pages in bloody ink hoping somebody will understand. more..

Writing
Well Thank You Well Thank You

A Poem by Joey