Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

A Chapter by Joey

Jason was disappointed that things didn’t work out with L. He truly did have high hopes that maybe they could flourish into something great. He didn’t think about it too much, he was only in love for a week, it’s not like he had already proposed to her. The kid went about his days just doing what he always does. Writing, free running, playing his video games, working, billiards, school; just a normal kid, nothing special about him. He’s not involved in any special programs, doesn’t help the homeless, isn’t in any higher education classes for college, nope, just your Average Joey.

            He kept going to church with his family every Sunday continuing their monotonous routine week after week. Frankly, Jason was getting tired of it. Sure he thought the messages given were very insightful and full of life lessons, but it only turned into a habit he did week after week, not exactly something he looked forward to. Jason just really felt this wasn’t the life he chose, but the one his family chose for him. Alas, he still continued. Weak kid, not much ambition, what else was he to do: think for himself? Absurd, Jason was much too weak of person in himself to do that.

            He wasn’t a complete weakling though. He didn’t have much muscle on him, but when it came down to it he could take care of himself. Jason was the type of kid who looked for alternate solutions rather than fighting, but if it really came down to it, he wasn’t scared to defend himself, although the thought of hurting someone left a disgusting taste in his mouth. He felt there was no reason to cause anyone pain, he would rather hurt himself than let any other bleed. He was a martyr for sure when it came to the feelings of others. He wouldn’t care how much it hurt him just as long as someone else was happy. All foolishness on his part, this would ultimately be his downfall.

            The next month went by like a flash. He spent most of it hanging out with his friends at the billiards hall and working the graveyard shift at a small diner.He was very fond of the night. To him it was the only time he could be free from the world. The dead of night some how comforted him knowing there wasn't anyone awake to make demands of him nor bend him to their will. Jason was in love with the night, in love with the freedom he felt when no one else was around. 

            He and his friends weren’t exactly peas in a pod. None were like the other. One friend, Ken, had a very strange way of thinking, an odd one for sure. Another, Jay, was always determined to conquer the world by gaining all the money in the world he could. His other friends he had weren’t many. Jason didn’t invest time into the others. He didn’t have a crowed to run with, he was loner and that’s exactly how he preferred it.

            Continuing his monotonous routine he found himself at church once again within that glazed filled environment. Who he ran into took him by surprise. It was L. He saw her and all his feelings returned. Feelings of hope, wanting and thoughts of love filled his heart and head. Jason was overflowing with all of it and it only took the sight of her beautiful face. He approached the situation calmly and didn’t allow his clumsy tongue to get in the way. He greeted L with a big hug much like the ones he would give to a good friend he hadn’t seen in years. She welcomed his embrace without a second thought as if it were natural. The two sat together listening to the preacher giving his religious speech like they did the day Jason was creeping on her. This time was different though; he was more comfortable with her and didn’t think he had to sneak a peak. He already failed the first time around, could it really get much worse?

            After the service let out the two stayed and exchanged conversation of small talk: how’ve you been, what’ve you been up to, thoughts of the service etc. It was nice for Jason to be able to just talk to L face to face. With only that small time spent with her he was beginning to enjoy her company and being around her. He couldn’t help but try again. Second chances are very possible Jason thought to himself maybe she’d give a try again. The next couple of weeks he tried hanging out with her. He invited her to the billiards hall, dinner, a movie, but each time she either shot him down or said she was doing something else. This rejection didn’t stop him though he remained vigilant. He kept talking to her and made sure she couldn’t forget him with an absence of his presence. Jason’s determination paid off for him eventually and at last, one cold day in December she finally agreed to go with him to the movies again.



© 2014 Joey


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
Added on August 24, 2014
Last Updated on August 24, 2014


Author

Joey
Joey

Albuquerque, NM



About
A boy, feeling stuck within his own skin, spills his heart soaking the pages in bloody ink hoping somebody will understand. more..

Writing
Well Thank You Well Thank You

A Poem by Joey