Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

A Chapter by Karina

Chapter Eight-Trevor- 8:59 P.M.

As I watched Kelly getting safely to her house, I began to pull out my gun out of my backpack very swiftly and hid it in my pocket. There here. Why now? What did they want? I walked away from Kelly’s house a few yards away until two guys appeared in front of me. They’re the same average height with the same black jeans, a black shirt, black combat boots, and a black leather jacket. The only difference is that one had black eyes, long curly blond hair, and a smirk on his face, and the other guy had a brown eyes, long brown hair that was pulled in a low ponytail and he had a serious expression on his face. “Look what we have here. David and Alicia’s child,” said the blond dude. “Who are you,” I asked, my voice probably sounded impolite. The blond dude responded, “My name is Dante Lazar and this,” he gestured the other guy, “is Isaiah Conta.” “That’s a weird name for guys like you, or do I mean vampires,” I said. I hated those blood sucking freaks.

The smirk on Dante’s face seemed to disappear. “Let’s just finish this,” said Isaiah. His face looked very menacing. “Not yet,” said Dante. He looked at me with such patient. “How do you know Lady Kelly?” said Dante. How do they know about her? Do they want to take her away? Are they trying to kill her? “Leave NOW!” I shouted. “My, you do have your father’s temper,” said Dante. His face grew with amusement. “I remember your father. Delos told me about him,” said Dante. I froze when I heard that name. “If you’re not doing anything Dante, then I’ll kill him myself,” said Isaiah. “Wait Isaiah,” said Dante, but Isaiah ignored him. He charged towards me in a fast speed. I was trained to see, to feel how fast a vampire can attack. The Day Council had people who trained me for this so I can kill the vampires who dare tried to kill a human and this guy is certainly going to kill me.

I quickly took out my gun and Isaiah halted and said, “Go ahead. Bullets can’t hurt me,” his eye’s filled with anger. I began to laugh. “Silver bullets won’t kill you, but wood can,” I said. Isaiah’s face went furious. “You frail, dimwitted human. You think you can kill me?” said Isaiah. “Of course I can. I am a vampire hunter,” I answered. Then Isaiah began to charge at me and I began to shoot. I’ve missed by hitting his arms. I shot his stomach quickly, which causes more pain than the arms and legs. He grimaced in pain, but he soon recovered. Dante seemed to observe of who he is about to challenge. He has no idea. Isaiah tried to grab me but missed and I quickly shot him in the heart. His eye rolled back and collapsed on the sidewalk. I felt satisfied that it wasn’t a longer fight.

Dante began to clap his hands. “My, how very entertaining,” said Dante then he looked at his dead companion. “Oh, Isaiah. You never listen to me. You can be so impatient,” then he turned to me with a wicked predator on his face, “Now it’s my turn.” He ran towards me and I began to shoot. I missed and the clip was empty. S**t, I forgot I left the others at home. As Dante continued to charge at me, he grabbed my arm, but I punched him in the face and he staggered back, looking surprised that I had the strength to shove him a few inches. I then kicked him in the stomach and he groaned, but he punched me in my stomach with such force. It was a terrible pain I’m going to have. I hadn’t notice that my backpack was on the ground. It was open and I could see my weapons.

I tried to run to grab my stake, but Dante grabbed the collar of my shirt and dragged me back. I fell flat on the ground. Hard. He lifted his feet and was about to stomp me in my chest until I rolled over to the right. I got up quickly. Realizing Isaiah was about to attack, I managed to dodge without seeing what he was doing. It turned out he’d been reaching for my neck. Still, his hand caught me on the shoulder, knocking me back. I staggered only a little and then quickly regained my footing. We circled around and Dante seemed to enjoy my survival. “I grow very weary of this. Just give up and die already,” said Dante. I ran and grabbed my stake that had a silver handle and had the shape of a cross but wood on the tip. He ran from behind me and I quickly turned and staked him. “Go to hell,” I said, very threating. His eyes were wide and his last words was, “You have no idea what you are, do you?” said Dante. The exactly same thing that Delos told me. His eye’s rolled back and was finally dead. He fell on top of me and I shoved his lifeless body off. I checked if I had broken anything. The only thing that hurt was my stomach from the punch. I quickly looked around to see if anyone witnessed the fight, but I saw no one. I grabbed a vial that was filled with a golden liquid. The Day Council gave it to me to get rid of the bodies. Just one drop and the body would disappear, leaving no trace of blood. As soon as I finished of what has to be done I grabbed my weapons, stuffed them in my backpack and wasn’t sure to either go home or one of the hideouts. I hated vampires because my parents were killed by them. I can never forget the vampire’s face. I recollect the memories very clearly.

His name was Delos Ozera. His mission was to kill my parents and me. I don’t know why. My parents told me this because I was homeschooled and I wasn’t allowed to go outside. My dad told me that vampires were real and I truly believed him. He told me that there are other supernatural but they don’t reveal themselves and they are very good at trying to be a normal person. He told me about Witches, Fairies, Werewolves, Movers, Screechers, and more.  My dad told me he had a secret to tell me but waited until I was older because I might understand better. It was only eight in the afternoon and my parents went to tuck me in bed.  Then someone crashed through my window. He wore all black and had a long clock, covering his identity. He quickly grabbed my dad’s neck and twisted it with much force. My mom and I screamed when we heard a crack and my dad’s eyes’ rolled back and he died right before me. My mom ran to grab me but the vampire grabbed my mom by the hair and he clasped his hand over her mouth so she wouldn’t scream, and he drank from her. Every drop of blood was drained from her. He threw her lifeless body to the ground and he came towards me. I ran to a corner and then he stopped in front of me and said, “You have no idea what you are, do you?” I was confused but he grabbed the collar of my pajamas and lifted me up. I grew very terrified. And I finally saw his face. He was very pale, black wavy hair that reached to his shoulders, and his eyes, were still growing red. Then they changed back to a very light blue. “I like to challenge you, but not now. I’ll wait and I’ll find you again.” He threw me back to the ground and he walked towards dad’s body and he took out something sharp and stabbed him in the chest, and disappeared in the night. I still wanted to know what he meant by that question. Then one of the Day council people found me and took me to their hideout. I never forget about Gabriel Rodriguez. He trained me every day and told me about how to kill bad vampires. But then he was murdered by Delos. I trained harder and harder. The Day council said I had the strength and speed almost like a vampire. I hated when they compared me to those blood suckers. I’m one hundred percent human. The Day Council only knew about my dad’s secret. I told them to tell me, but they told me that my heart was filled with so much hatred towards vampires that they had no choice but keep that secret away from me. Then my mind went to Kelly. I wanted to know what the Night Council wanted with her.



© 2013 Karina


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
Added on May 10, 2013
Last Updated on May 10, 2013


Author

Karina
Karina

Greenwood, SC



About
I really love to read and draw (Can see a few of my drawings i uploaded in my photos). I have trouble writing sometimes and I'm tring to improve that.----Im back! havent been on for awhile now...so im.. more..

Writing
What is love? What is love?

A Poem by Karina


Thank you Thank you

A Poem by Karina


~Memories~ ~Memories~

A Story by Karina