Chapter Three

Chapter Three

A Chapter by Karina

Chapter Three-Sword Cross High-7:50 A.M.

            The car went to a stop. I stared at my school. It had a gothic castle look, but I like it. “Are you going in Rose?” replied dad. I’m so not ready but I plastered a fake smile and said, “Yeah.” I opened the car and stepped out. “Wish me luck,” I said. “Be good. It’s your first day, but I don’t want any tardy slips or calls from the school again,” said dad with his serious tone but his eyes sparkled with humor. I hated when he reminded me about that. “I promise I won’t,” I said. “Alright, well bye kiddo and good luck,” said dad. I turned around and was about to head to the entrance to the school until by dad said “Rose, are you forgetting something.” I turned around and forgotten about my back pack. “Oh,” I said, my cheeks began to burn with embarrassment. Dad began to laugh. I opened the car door and grabbed my back pack from the passenger seat and closed the door. “Bye,” said dad. “Bye,” I replied back and he drove away. I felt very nervous. My mind was filled with a lot of thoughts. I entered the school and it looked the same as last year. Gray colored lockers in both sides, the hall floors clean, and the smell of disinfect. As I was passing through the hall, I heard sequels from a group of girls, people shouting, and everybody in groups telling how their summer was. I sighed. How am I going to survive this, I thought.

 I grabbed my schedule in my backpack and start to head to my locker. “Rose!” I came to a stop and turned around and saw someone running up to me. At first I didn’t recognize her until she got close. “Hey Laura,” I said, very glad that I saw someone I knew. Laura had straight blond hair, small lips, and has clear green eyes. She wore black slacks and a yellow blouse. She was a little taller than me. Laura hugged me tightly. “Laura,” I gasped for air, “I….Can’t…Breathe!” Laura suddenly lets go of me. “I’m sorry Rose. I’m just glad to see you again,” said Laura. “I missed you too,” I said. “Have you seen Abby? I saw her come this way but I lost her in this crowd,” replied Laura. “I haven’t,” I said. “You do not want to know what she’s wearing,” said Laura. I was curious of what Laura was talking about. Laura took a good look around and spotted Abby. “Abby!” shouted Laura, “Were over here!” Abby came pacing towards Laura and I. “Rose!” shouted Abby and running towards me first. “Not again,” I groaned.

Abby squeezed me so hard that I felt like my head was about to explode. Abby finally released me and said, “I’m sorry Rose, I’m just excited to see my two best friends again.” I saw that Abby cut her hair. I finally knew what Laura was talking about. Abby used to have long black hair, long brown skirts, and green shirts but she had on ripped dark blue skinny jeans, a black tank top,  black finger nails and her hair was cut short in a pixie style. Her face looks like a fey; she has icy blue eyes, pink lips, and an excited attitude. Abby is sometimes serious, but when it comes to guys, let’s just say she likes to flirt a lot. “What are you wearing?” I asked. “I decided to change my looks for a whole new year and final year of high school,” Abby said. I liked her better with her cute skirts not ripped pants. “Same school, same friends, but new teachers,” said Abby in a happy tone. “What’s so interesting about the new teachers?” asked Laura. “Before I can say anything, let me see yours schedule. You too Rose,” said Abby. Laura and I looked at each other but gave our schedule to Abby. “Yay! Laura and I have 3rd and 5th hour together,” said Abby but then frowned at me and said, “we don’t have class together, only that we three have the same lunch together.” I felt kind of disappointed. Now I’m all alone in all my class, except lunch, but I said, “So, are you going to tell us why you were so interested about the new teachers?”

That’s when Abby frowned face turned into a cheerful expression. “Well I heard that there is a new math teacher. His name is Mr. Rodriguez. I just saw him this morning at the office,” replied Abby with her day dream voice. Then the bell ringed for first hour. “Oh my goodness, I got to go,” said Laura. “Me too,” replied Abby, “See you at lunch,” and Laura and Abby walked away with each other. I was about to head to my classroom when I forgot about my textbooks. Great first day of school and I’m about to get late, I thought. I opened my locker took out my French Two book, my pre-calculus book, and my history book. I quickly close my locker and was about to run to my class until I bumped into someone and my textbooks slipped from my hands and fell. “I’m sorry,” I replied. I looked up to see who I bumped into and saw that he had long lashes that framed striking green eyes.



© 2013 Karina


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

209 Views
Added on January 5, 2012
Last Updated on May 10, 2013


Author

Karina
Karina

Greenwood, SC



About
I really love to read and draw (Can see a few of my drawings i uploaded in my photos). I have trouble writing sometimes and I'm tring to improve that.----Im back! havent been on for awhile now...so im.. more..

Writing
What is love? What is love?

A Poem by Karina


Thank you Thank you

A Poem by Karina


~Memories~ ~Memories~

A Story by Karina