Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by Karina

           Chapter One-Blake           

I could not stand that Kelly would not stay away from my business. “You’re not really going to school again are you,” said Kelly. I turned towards her. Her skin, pale white, her eye’s green, and her long scarlet hair. She wore a short black skirt, sheer black stockings, trademark black boots and a tank top with black and white stripes. Her appearance is similar look of Angelina Jolie, except younger and aggravating.  “Yeah, but don’t worry about it. I’ll be careful. By the way, do both of you want to enroll in the school?” I asked. “NO!” said Kelly and Sylvia at the same time, with horrid looks in their faces. “Don’t you remember the last time you went to school?” said Sylvia. I stared at Sylvia with annoyance. She is more of an elegant person. She wore white skinny jeans, a long sleeve black shirts, and low heeled boots. She has an elf like face, smooth white skin as if she was carved in marble, gray mysterious eyes, and curly copper hair. The thing that I hate about Sylvia is that she would mention me about the past. Memories flooded through me.

I remember going to high school in California. I’ve forgotten to feed before I left for school. I went to my English class like always, until my stomach clenched in agony. I tried to excuse myself to go to the bathroom, but my English teacher, Mr. Marrow wouldn’t let me. My face began to turn pale white and my throat began to itch and burn with such famine. I began to shake a little and some of my friends began to look worried. I asked Mr. Marrow again if I could be excused from the class to see the nurse and when Mr. Marrow glanced at me, he looked startled. He asked if I needed anyone to company me to the nurse office, and I immediately said no, that I would be okay. When I left the classroom, I hid behind the stairs and began to breathe very hard. It felt like I was suffocating. Vampire blood cells start to die from oxygen starvation, because our own blood can’t carry oxygen to them. I knew my eyes would be glowing red, my face pale chalky white, and my fangs began to appear. The bell rand and students flooded the hallway. I got up and rushed myself out of there. I ran through the cafeteria, and my heart began to pound very hard. The thing that crossed my mind was to get away from these people, as far as I can. Juniors had this lunch. No one seemed to notice me so I ran outside and hid behind a tree that was far from the cafeteria. I collapsed and begged for an animal, a squirrel, anything that I could calm this pain. I saw a shadow approached me. This girl was walking towards me asking me if I was okay. She’s was a short girl, with curly blond hair and light brown eyes. When I turned towards her, she saw my face and became petrified. I tried to stop myself, but felt a hungry predator took over me. I grabbed her skinny arms and she tried to scream, but I clasped my hand over her mouth and drank from her. Her blood was magnificent. It was all good: the rich, dark-red taste: the strength and vitality that flooded through me. She used all her strength to pull me away, but the more I drank from her the more she became weak. I finally recovered, but soon found out that her heart stopped beating. She was dead. My hands were covered with her blood. I began to scare myself even more. I took a precious life from this girl and I was the one to end it. I bit my tongue and let my drops of blood heal the two fang marks. I left her body by the tree, and made it look like she was sleeping. I ran to the boy’s bathroom and cleaned myself. I couldn’t leave the school because everything will be pointed to me so I had to cut my hand and went to the nurse office just to get a Band-Aid and asked if I could get a pass to class. As I got back to class I told Mr. Marrow that I was better and he went on with the class. I sat there, looking outside, wondering if anyone found her. As I was lost in thought, there was a police cruiser and an ambulance and I knew that they found her. Everybody was questioned and never had a lead. Student and teachers began to freak out because her body had no blood, but no cuts either. The police continued the case but never found any suspects to who killed her. After that was done, school was over and I left school and I never wanted to go back again.

I stared at both girls with cold eyes. “I remember what I did, but it won’t happen again,” I said. “Then don’t go,” said Kelly. Sylvia stared at me for a minute, and then sighed. “When are you going to school?” Kelly stared at Sylvia with a shocked expression. “Next year,” I replied. Kelly turned to me and said, “Fine do what you want. I’m not going to stop you,” and stomped away. “Well I got to go, I need to enroll into the new school,” I said. Sylvia turned to me before I left and shouted, “Don’t be late!” I sighed. “I won’t,” I shouted back and left.

Kelly

I remember when Sylvia and I were banished from our Goddess. I recollect every detail. I praised her, adored her my entire life. I remember that the Otherworld was filled with love it felt so intoxicating. The Goddess was walking to her Garden with her adorers. Oh how I love going to the Sacred Garden with her, but I didn’t go with her this time. I wanted to be like her, and so did Sylvia. I went to her special tree that grants powers and wisdom. Sylvia told me it was a bad thing to do, but I convinced her and she decided she would do it. Just when I was about to pick out a fruit, a woeful voice said, “Have you had no respect for me?” We turned around, and found the Goddess standing behind us. I felt so guilty but mostly frightened. We didn’t know what she was about to do with us. But she told us she was about to banish us from her realm and send us to earth, becoming a vampire. I remember we fell and then a burning sensation began to burn my throat and so did Sylvia. We grabbed any human that was close to us. It was difficult to live and learn the ways of human life. In the 1950’s we met Blake in a bar in Georgia, and we could tell if he was a vampire or human. I was happy that we found another vampire. I was so curious that I asked him if he was turned or banished. He seemed angry when someone asks him about his personal life but he told me and Sylvia that he was banished. We decided to make a coven of vampires. Then we discovered the Vampire council. There are two actually. There’s the Day council. They adore the Goddess; she is also another version of the Virgin Mary and bonded with humans. They live in Florida. Supposedly they have a five floor mansion to the vampires who doesn’t have a home. Some are married with humans. I heard there where a few Day Council people who just moved here several months ago. All night, the Night Council wanted us to murder any vampire or human that are seen together as a couple, because they didn’t want us to share our immortal blood for those humans. Then they told us about this couple who had a child to bring the vampire and human together, and the Night Council was outraged about the news, so they sent about twenty four vampires or more to kill them. I went to ambush them, but as soon as we got close, I told the Night Council that I didn’t want any part of this, and they told me they understood and I went back to Blake and Sylvia.

 Then there’s the Night Council. The Night Council hated the Goddess and hated humans. We think we’re better than the Goddess. They made rules about us not to fall in love a human, never to tell our secrets or our species. We are also not allowed to have a sculpture of Goddess. The Night Council found us in Georgia and they wanted us to take care of this boy name Delos Ozera. He looked about fourteen years. I couldn’t tell if he was a vampire they told me he wasn’t fully a vampire. I trained with him and told him how humans are useless. I really didn’t like that kid, but he told me a little about his past. He told me his family hated him and wanted him killed. That made me upset and told him that things will get better and he believed me. We trained all the time until years passed and he got old enough to be turned into one of us. The council men came and took him away.

I tried erasing every memory I recollected through the years but it keeps coming back. I went into the living room and asked Sylvia, “Do you think he will mess up like last year?” Sylvia face told me she tried hard not to think about it, but answered, “I’m not sure. But something tells me he doesn’t want to stay in this house with us. I guess he wanted to do something to entertain himself. Is there any more blood left in the refrigerator?” I ran to the kitchen and found a gallon of blood left. “We have a few left. It might last us two days.” Sylvia might have begun to feel thirsty. “Give me a glass of wine with blood please!” Sylvia shouted. “Alright,” I shouted back. I grabbed two glass cups that were filled with blood and wine and headed to the living room.



© 2013 Karina


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

268 Views
Added on January 5, 2012
Last Updated on May 10, 2013


Author

Karina
Karina

Greenwood, SC



About
I really love to read and draw (Can see a few of my drawings i uploaded in my photos). I have trouble writing sometimes and I'm tring to improve that.----Im back! havent been on for awhile now...so im.. more..

Writing
What is love? What is love?

A Poem by Karina


Thank you Thank you

A Poem by Karina


~Memories~ ~Memories~

A Story by Karina