Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A Chapter by ღForever.Lautnerღ

     "Dude, why didn't you look at Taylor?!" Mandy asked me, raising her eyebrows. "He totally seems to have the hots for you!"
     I sighed and shook my head. "I don't want to get into another relationship, Mandy...I just want to focus on my education at the moment." 
     "Aw, don't go all 'smart chick' on me!" Mandy complained. "Just give love a chance." 
     "I already did, a few months ago..." I murmured quietly. "Remember John?" 
     Mandy grew silent. John was such a sensitive topic, and she knew that. I didn't blame her for wanting me to fall in love or talking about it. Love was one of the most desirable feelings to have on earth. Before John, it was the only thing I craved, but after him, I just wanted to forget the whole entire thing. 
     I punched her on the arm gently. "Hey, let's get some lunch." 
     She nodded. "I'm sorry..." 
     I waved her down. "No biggie..." But it kinda was...Inside, I felt like I was shot. The topic was still so sensitive for me. The only thing that made me feel better was hanging out with friends or immersing myself in homework. 
     "Nessa? Nessa!" I snapped out of my thoughts. 
     "Yeah?" 
     "Let's go sit down..." 
     I nodded numbly. I looked down at my tray, focusing in on the food. I didn't even feel hungry anymore, I just wanted to close my eyes and sleep. 
     So of course, I didn't see the "Wet Floor" sign. I didn't see the puddle of water on the floor. The next I knew, I was slipping, and the content of my lunch was on top of me. I was too busy being numb to care. 
                                                                       ***
    I was walking into lunch, the usual mob behind me. They were really annoying, and I quite frankly wanted to ditch them, if only I could. I was walking in right when it happened. The girl I saw just a few minutes before, the one that fell into my arms. 
    She was walking right towards a "Wet Floor" sign, with a puddle right in front of her. I lurched forward to warn her, but it felt like I was stuck in one of those slow motion movies. The one where at a dramatic moment, everything is so super slow. 
     Before I got to her, she slipped and fell, her whole lunch spilling on top of her. The whole lunch room burst into applause and laughter. How embarrassing it must mean for her. 
     I finally reached her, but she had already gotten up and brushed the food off of herself. I had forgotten about the puddle, and I slipped as well, and knocked her down again. I saw the fire and sadness in her eyes as she snapped, "What the hell?" at me. 
     I felt my own anger kick in. "I was just trying to warn you." 
     "Yeah? Well, I'm not some damsel in distress. I don't need your saving, and I certainly don't need you stalking me!" She got up again and huffed away to the bathroom, followed by her best friend, who shot me a "I'm so sorry!" look with her eyes. 
     Whatever. I got up and ignored everybody before exiting the cafeteria.  
                            
   


© 2011 ღForever.Lautnerღ


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oooh, something is happening.

Posted 11 Years Ago


O.o good chappy. I'd like to see more.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

305 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 28, 2011
Last Updated on January 29, 2011


Author

ღForever.Lautnerღ
ღForever.Lautnerღ

About
Haha, despite the fact that I am just totally into Taylor Lautner, there's nothing more I'd say...Tune in to see all my Taylor Lautner fanfictions! :) LIST: P.S. I Love You (in progress) more..

Writing