Chapter 2. Something Seems Off.

Chapter 2. Something Seems Off.

A Chapter by Amy Wagner
"

Ami and josh find something unexpected.

"

    CHAPTER 2
 
     Do you like the smell of eggs, bacon, ham, and sausage? Well I do and that’s exactly what I smelt when I walked into the restaurant. Well I don’t think your going to want to know what we all ordered so I think I’ll just skip that boring part. After breakfast we left and started walking home, “hey, umm Ami…” Eric said from behind me
“yeah what’s up?” I replied turning around
“can we go to the park?”
“yeah can we!?” Angie said with a hopeful smile on her face,
“umm yeah I guess we could, Josh you up for it?”
“yeah sure why not” he replied with his poor attempt to sound interested
“ok lets go” I said trying to bring some smiles out, and of course I did.
“yes! Awesome!” Eric said happily while jumping up punching the air. So we headed toured the park, for me I’m not a big fan of parks, you know big open areas for people to snatch you, but hey whatever makes my family happy makes me happy. While the kids where playing on the swings, slides, and what not Josh and I sat on the bench and watched them play well actually I was thinking I don’t know about Josh but anyway I was surprised to see that we where actually having fun or at least the kids where, I looked over at Josh who was resting his eyes with his muscled arms crossed and one leg over the other well you know how guys sit. I was just sitting there being bored when I remembered I had my favorite book Maximum Ride by James Patterson in my backpack. That’s my favorite book because me and Max have a lot in common, have you ever read it? Well if you haven’t you really should. Me and her have a lot in common I mean we almost come from the same background well not exactly but she makes me go on in life and think my life’s not so bad you know what I mean? Anyway so I pulled out my Maximum Ride book, I’m on the 2nd book its called School’s Out-Forever, then I started reading.
“Ow!!” came a shriek from over by the monkey bars, wait I know that shriek, Eric! I tore me eyes from my book to see Josh running over to the monkey bars I snuck a peek passed him to see Eric on the floor with a bigger kid over him, I ran over.
“what’s going on here?” I demanded, Eric got up and ran to Josh and Angie.
“he through me off the monkey bars” Eric sobbed
“tattle tale!” said the larger kid
“hey kid! What’s your name!?” I said firmly
“Anthony” he replied sounding smug
“well Anthony, were are your parents?”
“somewhere”
“tell me”
“they’re over there” he said pointing at two adults on a bench nearby. So I grabbed the very large [no exaggeration] very large boy by the elbow and walked him and myself over to his parents.
“release my son!” said the man firmly
“ your son was bullying my little brother”
“well you’d be sure to tell him sorry right Anthony?”
“yes sir” Anthony said with his head down
“Eric!” I called, he ran over and attached himself to me
“now son say your sorry”
“I’m sorry, Eric.”
“now Eric say thank you” I said putting my hand on his head.
“thank you”
“ok we’ll be going now” I said grabbing Eric’s hand, and we walked away to meet up with Josh and Angie.
“I think we should go” Josh mentioned
“yeah good idea” I agreed, so we walked home. Through all the things to bring attention that had to happen, oh well its over. When we got home of course to me something felt a little off so I did a quick surveillance of the place, nothing but something still felt a little strange. Then it hit me the smell, we all had great sense of smell not to mention strength and well it was surprised to me no one…
“Ami”, Josh interrupted my train of thought, “do you feel it to?”
“yeah something smells off don’t you think?”
“yeah did you look around?”
“yeah I didn’t find anything”
“that’s weird, I think it best not to tell the kids, they’re already tired enough as is.”
“yeah I agree, hey Angie go get Eric and take him and yourself to your rooms you guys need to take a nap”
“b-but” she replied
“no just do it go watch TV in my room if you cant sleep” 
 



© 2009 Amy Wagner


Author's Note

Amy Wagner
the best chapters are yet to come!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting chapter, I like the transition to where something is about to happen. It felt tense.... I'll continue reading now, I'm interested as to what is going to happen...

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

198 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 20, 2009
Last Updated on November 20, 2009


Author

Amy Wagner
Amy Wagner

chimita, espanola, NM



About
hey im Amy, I have another one of these but becuz I'm dumb like that i forgot my username, and password. so yeah i'm going to post all my stories and poems on this new one hopefully i can remember it... more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Amy Wagner