Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by paparapapa

Prologue

Faith’s POV

                “Steve, I have something to tell you.” I look up to meet his gaze as we are swaying to the song Greatest Story Ever Told by Oliver James. This has been one of my favorite love songs and it means a lot to me now that I have decided to tell him how I really feel. I try not to melt as his captivating dark brown eyes bore into mine.

                What is it?” Smiling, Steve asks me with his British accent that I find very, very hot.  His smile never fails to wake up all the butterflies in my stomach, even those that are still in cocoons, kidding. Well, I was just trying to describe what his effect is on me. I manage to hide the smile that was trying to show up. God, I love him.

And if I lived a thousand years

You know I never could explain

The way I lost my heart to you that day

But if destiny decided I should look the other way

Then the world would never know

The greatest story ever told

And did I tell you that I love you tonight?

 

                “Well, uhm…” My hands are starting to feel sweaty. This is really much harder than I thought it would be. Princess surely made it sound so easy. I am so going to kill her later for putting me into this kind of situation. Well, obviously, I’m just kidding. Argh, I can’t believe I can still think about my best friend at this time and space.

 

                “Hey, you know you can tell me anything, right?” He tries to reassure me with another dazzling smile.

 

                “Yeah. Okay then. I-I think…” Argh, I can’t believe I’m stuttering. I feel my heart starting to beat rapidly and loudly. I really hope the music’s loud enough that he won’t be able hear it.

 

                “You think?”  He tightens his grasp on my waist as if urging me to spill what I have been wanting to tell him.

 

                This is it. God, help me, please? I close my eyes and whisper “I-I think… I-I’m falling in l-love with you.” There. I finally said it. But then, I feel him stiffen. Oh no. This is definitely a bad sign.

 

                I slowly open my eyes, scared of what I will see. And when I fully open them, I instantly regret everything, even telling him how I feel. Different emotions cross his eyes and I can tell that among them are fear, shock, sadness and uncertainty. This happens so fast that when I open my eyes after blinking, his eyes are blank " refusing to show any feeling that he has right now. Truth be told, his eyes right now scare me. These eyes are not the ones that I have fallen in love with.  He closes his eyes for a while and I know then that he is thinking.  Oh God. Maybe he is thinking of what he can say to make the rejection less painful. Every second feels like a century as I wait for him to open his eyes and just throw the truth at me.

 

                When he opens his eyes, I see the worry residing in them as if telling me that he is afraid that he will hurt me with what he will tell me. “I-I really like you Faith, as a person. But right now, I’m really unsure of what I feel for you. I don’t really believe in love and stuff like that. I still believe that there are no relationships that will last forever. And well, I really think that what you are feeling right now is far from being love.” He mumbles the words very fast as if he just wants to run away from me and escape everything - as if he is just trying to throw any excuse that he can think of.

 

                I feel my cheeks getting wet as tears fall silently from my closed eyes. The pain is too unbearable that I can’t contain all of the tears. I tried to stop them, I swear. It feels like my heart is being squashed and parted into two. I force myself to open my eyes and stare at his. I muster all what’s left of me to stop myself from breaking down. “I came here not expecting that… that you’d even return my feelings. I know that it may be too much to ask for. But, please… please don’t ever doubt this… thing that I am feeling for you.” I purposely omitted the word love since I know he’d be reacting again. But then, I just can’t stop myself. And before I knew it… “I really love you, Steve.”

 

Steve’s POV

 

                I want to punch myself now that I have seen how hurt she is. But if we continue this, we would be just like my parents " at first we think we are in love (if love is even true) but in the end we will realize that the person that we thought was our world will be no one special anymore. One will hurt more than the other, and it’s totally not fair. That is why I don’t believe that there is love at all. No matter what she feels for me right now, I can’t continually inflict her with this much pain. It would be so much better to let her go. I know that I can’t give her what she wants. “I’m sorry, Faith. But we can’t continue what we have. I know that I can’t give you what you want. And I can’t continue hurting you”

 

                More tears were flowing from her eyes, and God knows how much self-control I gathered so that I won’t extend my hands, wipe her tears, and pull her into a hug. I really like her. My heart is being crushed just thinking that I have to stay away from her. Tears are also welling up in my eyes but I looked up to prevent them from falling down. This definitely feels weird. Maybe, I just like her a lot. Yeah, that’s it. She has always been a special person to me. And I would definitely miss her. With all the strength that’s left of me, I pushed her slightly and turned around so that I won’t be tempted to hug her again. As I walked away from her, I heard her soft sobs and her calling my name. “I’m really sorry, Faith” I whispered to myself. I walked away from her, from her life, feeling unsure if I just made the best or the worst decision of my life.

 

 

 



© 2011 paparapapa


Author's Note

paparapapa
This is my first time writing so please be more understanding. Please do comment. Thank you! :)

P.S. Please subscribe if you like it. :)

Awarded "reading more. now." in "The Beginning" Contest.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Well, I'm usually not a fan of these kinds of stories, I'm usually a person that enjoys reading stories that only show what one person is thinking about, so it leaves me wondering about what the others were thinking about. This very book right here however, I will make an exception, just because of the mere fact that I'm enjoying it, even though this one is just a prologue. Great job!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I like this. It's kind if a sad way to start out a book, as a lot of people have said, but I think it really opens up the story- and characters -more. They're vulnerable, and so readers tend to sympathize with them more.

I really hate it when insecurities get in the way of people's happiness. Right now, I just want to shake Steve and say "DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT!!!!! JUST ASK HER TO MARRY YOU AND EVERYTHING WILL BE GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!" XD But, if that happened and he actually LISTENED, there wouldn't be a story to tell. :)

I'm interested to see where you take this. Nice job!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Noa
Hi!

Writing in first person is hard, as you have to do a lot of working around to give the reader a full grasp of what is going on. Your character would have to be psychic to get insight. Props for working with it!

The story is surely promising, though the start is indeed, as said in earlier reviews, kind of depressing ;) That's no problem though, it only fuels the curiosity on what is going to happen next. I bet that guy ends up regretting that he turned her down!

Sometimes it feels like your character is talking to the reader. Is this what you intend to do? Ending sentences with words like 'kidding', and informing your reader that Steve is 'hot' can be kind of uncomfortable to read. This is all personal preference though!

Congratulations on your award, and good luck with the continuation of this story! Thank you for sharing :)
-Noa

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ray
This is SO depressing ! I really hope it ends better !( Translation : I LOVE it )

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Okay kinda, depressing and sad but hey- a story especially a love one can't live without any right? I really love the way how you switched the point of views. ( Reminds me of the Kane Chronicles ) PS. Steve with British Accent =

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i enjoyed this, you did a good job with descriptions, and im intrigued to see what will happen next! well written, great job so far!:]

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i really like this, and i feel bad for faith so far and will love to learn more about Steve so i am going to continue reading.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is so good! Its making me tear up already!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think that most people have been in one of these two conundrums at some point in their life. I like that you get both points of view, that Steve wasn't painted as being a cold and heartless individual, and that Faith is possibly a tad too emotional. It adds an extra dimension to the characters that would be sorely missed otherwise. I agree with a previous reviewer who noted your use of bold and italics, it really does lend a lot to the story... it almost makes it magical. Great for a first writing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Que
Damn, for your first time writing this is really really good.
I especially like the extra touch you gave to this piece by putting the dialogue in bold and italics - it gives it some sort of far away and unrealistic type of aura. I have no idea if that made sense, but you know how they do in movies? For example, in movies when someone is reading a letter, there's that voice which sounds wise and far away.
Lol, that's just how it sounded in my head anyway, and I found it to be a wonderful addition.
I'm going to keep on reading now.
Cheers.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

For your first time, its very good, I think :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1241 Views
26 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on October 27, 2011
Last Updated on December 11, 2011
Tags: scorned, romance, love story, revenge


Author

paparapapa
paparapapa

Dreamland



About
If you would not be forgotten, as soon as you are dead and rotten, either write things worth reading, or do things worth the writing. - Benjamin Franklin more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..