Chapter 12: Version 2.0

Chapter 12: Version 2.0

A Chapter by paparapapa
"

Faith Hill goes to school with her new look. But can she pull off her version 2.0?

"

Recap:


Faith’s POV:


“Oh my God! You look gorgeous!” Princess exclaimed when I saw her moving towards me from my back.


“I know! I didn’t know I had it in me,” I batted my eyelashes.


“Gross!” she tried to look disgusted. We both laughed hard.


“I can’t wait to see the faces of your family. They’ll be ecstatic,” she talked excitedly.


“I know!” I responded. But another face flashed across my mind. What would he think? Will he regret that he let me go? Will he be jealous if other guys will like me? I gasped when I realized something. Oh no. I’m screwed…


I’m doing this for all the wrong reasons!

 


Chapter 12: Version 2.0


AFTERbreakup


Faith’s POV:

                “It was really hilarious how your father’s eyes widened in shock!” Princess laughed on the other end of the line.


                “He looked like he just saw me for the first time,” I added, also laughing.


                When we got home after my makeover, I found out that my mom prepared a very special dinner for all of us. Vivian was also there helping my mom prepare the food. My mom and Vivian were already friends even before me and Princess, but they aren’t that close compared to us. And when they saw my new look, all of them gasped in surprise simultaneously. Princess and I laughed at them for being so theatrical. The weirdest look I received was from my dad. He looked proud but there was that look of uncertainty telling me that he couldn’t believe that I was his daughter. But later that look vanished, maybe after he realized that I still acted and talked the same.


                “I can’t wait till Monday,” Princess exclaimed making me jerk back to reality.


                “I’m not so sure. What if they’ll just laugh at me?” I said anxiously.


                “What? They’ll love you! Oh, on second thought, there may be some exceptions but it doesn’t matter. They’ve already hated you even before this. But at least the guys will love you,” she responded.


                “Wow. That really made me feel better,” I said sarcastically while trying not to laugh.


                “Anyway, their opinions don’t matter so just hold your head up high and strut your stuff.” I could already see her wiggling her eyebrows. Julian must have rubbed it on her since she was doing it a whole lot more when he started hanging out with us.


                “Can’t wait!” I faked enthusiasm.


                “I have to sleep now. Good night! And see you on Monday,” she said excitedly.


                “Good night,” I mumbled and stifled a yawn. We hung up.


                That night was not like the nights I had after Steve and I broke up. My mind felt incredibly refreshed and I felt good about myself. Yes, I still missed him, but I didn’t feel like crying anymore. I smiled as I congratulated myself for a job well done. And not before too long, I fell asleep.


                I didn’t know what happened to Sunday but it flew past me very fast. And now, I couldn’t believe that it’s already Monday. When I slipped out of my bed, I did some jumping jacks to calm down my nerves. This is just any other day - I told myself repeatedly.


                I then took a bath with cold water to take my mind off things for a while. When I was done, I dried my hair first which I don’t usually do. I picked up the uniform that I prepared last night and slipped it on. The skirt showed off my skinny flawless legs. They looked pale, but not deathly pale, because of their lack of exposure to sunlight. I then French braided my hair to one side and added a head band to make my hair look cute. I wore the contact lenses that we bought and applied my makeup after. I made sure that the makeup didn’t go overboard. I opted for the more natural look but at the same time enhances my features. When I was all done, I looked at myself in my mirror and smiled at my finished project.


                “You look pretty,” I mumbled. Words of assurance are what I badly need today.


                I inspected my bag to check if it has everything that I needed for that day. I then went downstairs to get breakfast. Dad was sitting in the dining area reading a newspaper while mom was cooking some eggs. They both turned around when they heard my footsteps.


                “Wow. You look great, honey,” Dad said with a smile on his face.


                “I agree. And it’s about time you wear those skirts,” mom teased.


                “Aren’t they too short?” I asked while tugging the hemline of.


                I saw my dad hesitate and I thought he was about to nod when I heard my mom clear her throat. I unconsciously shifted my gaze towards her.


                “It’s perfect. You look amazing,” my mom answered.


                “If you say so,” I replied.


                After I was done eating, I said goodbye to mom and dad and to my brother who was grumbling because no one woke him up and he was getting late. And when I started walking towards school, I immediately regretted wearing a skirt. It made me walk awkwardly since every time I took a step, the skirt’s hem would rise a few centimeters showing more skin than what I originally thought. I grumbled and reminded myself to scold Princess for not warning me. But I guess she really wouldn’t since she knows I would swiftly refuse if I had known. I couldn’t go back to my house because I knew I would run late if I’d do just that. I gave up and sighed in frustration.


                When I arrived at school, curious looks were thrown my way so I looked down to hide my face. I looked behind me when I felt a presence following me.


                “Thought so,” Princess mumbled.


                “What?” I asked.


                “Oh, nothing. I guessed that you would cringe when people will start staring at you,” she stated nonchalantly.


                I heard someone wolf-whistle from the background but I didn’t bother searching for the face of that rude guy.


                “Hold your head up high, Faith. You don’t have anything to be shy about.” She guaranteed me.


                I decided to follow her, but I immediately blushed when I saw a lot of people looking at me with surprise clearly written on their faces. I walked briskly towards our classroom while pulling Princess with me, ignoring the fact that my skirt rises whenever I walk. I sighed in relief when we finally reached our room. But I wasn’t saved from the weird stares because when I entered the room, I caught everyone’s attention. And all of them practically gaped at me. I looked for Steve’s face and I breathed easily when I didn’t see his face. I saw Julian and David walking towards us looking amazed, but Julian was staring at someone behind me. Yeah, Princess.


                “You look beautiful,” David blurted out. He blushed immediately after when he realized that he stated it out loud. I tried hard not to giggle.


                “Oh yeah, you look amazing,” Julian seconded as if realizing just now.


                “Thank you,” I replied shyly.


                “Yeah, she’s moving on,” Princess mumbled casually. I glared at her.


                “Really?” David asked obviously looking happy.


                “Well, I’m just starting,” I shrugged.


                “Good enough,” he whispered but loud enough for me to hear.


                I then excused myself and sat down on my chair. I pretended to read a book and tried to ignore the hushed whispers which were noticeably about me. I heard the door open and the sound of a familiar way of walking but I didn’t look up. My heart was beating uncontrollably again. I closed my eyes as I tried to regain my composure. But I felt anxious when I heard the footsteps coming nearer and nearer. What does he want with me? So I stood up, and looked for Princess. I badly wanted to escape. But at the corner of my eye, I saw him stop dead on his tracks a few feet away from me. I looked at him to see what was wrong. Surprise crossed his eyes, but was later replaced by uncertainty and hesitation. I racked my brain trying to think of a reason why he would feel unsure about something, but when I couldn’t think of any, I shook my head to stop thinking about it. It’s none of my business, I reminded myself. He then frowned, turned around and walked away from me. What’s wrong with him?


                “At least you didn’t break down after the intense eye contact. That’s a good thing,” I heard Princess mumble beside me. I jerked in surprise. Seriously, where did she come from?


                “I couldn’t shift my gaze,” I admitted.


                “Nobody told you it would be easy,” she said. I smiled gratefully.


                “But he was clearly surprised when he saw the new you,” she grinned.


                “Yeah,” I said limply.


                Once the bell rang, I went back to my seat and composed myself. I convinced myself that I was already doing pretty well. After our morning classes, I went to the canteen first since Julian said he had to call his mom while David and Princess had to run an errand for Mr. Wilkins. I wondered where Steve was and who he was with. It’s just that I heard rumors that Steve and Vanessa broke up last weekend, and since I didn’t see Vanessa clinging to him that morning, I guessed that it might be true. Well, it isn’t my business anymore. I mentally pinched myself.


                “Hey babe,” I heard a guy talk to someone. I just continued walking.


                “Woah. I can’t believe there’s an existing pretty girl who can ignore you Michael,” another guy commented mockingly. I looked up to see who they were talking about but was taken aback when I saw them looking at me. Lust was obviously painted on their faces. I shivered at what I saw. Michael is also one of the popular guys and is known to get what he wants.


                I decided to walk faster, but Michael, with his long strides, caught up with me immediately. He was now walking beside me.


                “Why are you trying to run away from me? You know you want me,” he said seductively. Then I felt a hand grope one cheek of my butt. I jerked in surprise, turned towards him and instinctively slapped him with all my strength. I then heard his friends laughing and throwing Michael ridicules.


                “Don’t touch me,” I hissed.


                “Fierce. I like girls like you,” he commented while moving towards me. I stepped backwards as he tried to close the distance between us. I was already starting to panic. Surely I won’t win against them if I try to fight them. I was about to ask for help when I saw Steve over Michael’s right shoulder. He was moving towards us, his face was unreadable. He looked really, really pissed. But before I could call out his name, a hand grabbed my wrist and yanked me. I nearly stumbled but he caught my waist before I could fall on the floor.


                “David,” I mumbled, shocked.


                “Don’t you dare touch her,” David warned him.


                “Woah, chill man. I didn’t know you called dibs on her,” Michael smiled teasingly.


                “I didn’t, but she is my friend. So if you dare move a single strand of her hair, I’ll make sure you’ll stay in this school for another year,” David said venomously.


                “Bros before hoes man. I respect the Bro code,” Michael replied. And with that they left us both. I looked at where Steve was a while ago but he wasn’t there anymore. I scanned the place and finally I saw his back moving away from me. I was about to run after him when I heard David talk to me.


                “What?” I asked when I didn’t hear what he just said.


                “I said are you okay?” He was obviously worrying.


                “Yes, I’m fine. Thank you,” I mumbled.


                “No problem,” he grinned, and started walking.


                “David,” I called out and tugged the back of his shirt. He turned around with a curious look on his face.


                “Really, thank you,” I repeated. He just smiled at me and then continued walking. He really is a great guy. If only my heart chose him, then it wouldn’t be this hard.

------


                A school week has passed and everything returned to normal. Whispers and rumors about me died down. However, there were still a lot of guys who tried to hit on me and who tried to ask me out. I was really flattered with the attention that they were giving me and I even flirted a little, but I told them directly that I wasn’t ready for any commitment yet. And geez, I know what those guys want.


Steve and I were still not talking. But I observed that these past few days, he looked haggard and depressed. I admit that I was tempted a lot of times to rake my fingers on his disheveled hair to try to ease the stress that he was feeling. Yeah, I still miss him. A lot. But I try my hardest to dismiss the feeling every time it creeps inside me. And then there’s David. He has been a very good friend to me, and very sweet. There were a lot of times when I really wished I’d fall in love with him. But it hasn’t happened… yet.


                Whenever Julian isn’t hanging out with Princess, which is rare, he is usually with Steve. But when he’s not, I would see Steve hanging out with his new set of friends. David and Steve, on the other hand, have never talked again after we broke up. I felt guilty at first, but then I realized it was David’s decision to stick with me.


                On Friday lunch time, David asked me if he could talk to me in private.


                “Sure,” I replied, trying to hide the nervousness that I was feeling.


                “We’ll just buy some lunch,” Princess told us and then left the table. Julian followed behind her.


                “Well, I just want to take my chances. So…” he started and then paused.


                “So?” I asked, dying of curiosity and anxiety.


                “Will you go out with me on a date?” he mumbled rapidly then closed his eyes, as if he was afraid to hear my answer. I tried to suppress my laugh so I wasn’t able to respond immediately. He opened his right eye to peek at me.


                “Why are you laughing?” he asked, nervous. His eyes were now wide open.


                “I’m sorry. It’s just that you really looked like a child a while ago,” I explained then grinned.


                “Oh,” he said while scratching his head. “So?” he continued.


                “I really want to David, but right now, I just can’t. I don’t want to use you or anybody to forget him. You don’t deserve that kind of treatment, and I don’t want to hurt you,” I said, feeling sorry.


                “But just give me one chance to change your mind. Maybe after one date you’ll have the motivation to forget him. And then you’ll consider dating me. I also don’t want to be used. I just want you to feel what it will feel like if you’ll decide to date me,” he pleaded.


                “I’m not sure. I really think that this isn’t a good idea,” I replied.


                “Then don’t think. Just do what you really want,” he said.


                I sighed as I looked at his pleading face. I really want to try liking him. So I decided to follow his suggestion and throw away all my apprehensions.


                “Fine, but just one date,” I said. He nodded while smiling.


“And don’t get your hopes too high,” I added. He nodded again and this time he raised his right hand as if he was making an oath.


“I promise that I won’t expect too much, and I promise that I will only concentrate on making you happy,” he uttered.


I blushed.



© 2011 paparapapa


Author's Note

paparapapa
Another chapter done! :"> I think this one's better than the previous chapter, but I promise the next one will be more interesting since it will be Faith and David's date! Haha. Anyway, tell me what you think about this chapter. ;)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

One of my favourite chapters, it pinpoints exactly how many guys try to act. This one made me chuckle a bit, more than the others, and I kind of like that. The details you explain paint the image in my mind perfectly, which adds onto this already wonderful chapter. Great job, keep it up!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

A really good chapter, lots of action.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
EMF
You have so many strong characters in your work. Faith is just stunning. A truly enjoyable read. Loved it

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is version two? Chapter 10 was a good ending. 11 was an excesses that I didn't really enjoy. This chapter, seems like it's going in a different direction that the first, and I suggest that you make it a new book(like a sequel). Otherwise, great job!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

When Steve sung that song for Faith, I leaned towards him. But now, when he left her, David seems like the one to be with. I am just torn because it seems like my brain goes for David because he seems the most reasonable one to be with, but my heart goes for Steve because he is the one she is actually in love with and the one that loves her too. But then David has loved her for 3 years now.... I don't know what to think! Continue writing! I love it! (:

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY, FINISH THE BOOK!! I MUST KNOW WHAT GOES ON!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love how you do the recap thing!!! When you haven't read it in some time it really helps.
I can't WAIT for the next chapter! Awes, Steve is acting like a jerk... :(
~Jasmine Thousand~
~The Book Contest~

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I LOVE FAITH!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Bros before hoes!!!! That made me laugh!! Awesome!
WHO WILL WIN FAITH?!?! I'M DYING!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

One of my favourite chapters, it pinpoints exactly how many guys try to act. This one made me chuckle a bit, more than the others, and I kind of like that. The details you explain paint the image in my mind perfectly, which adds onto this already wonderful chapter. Great job, keep it up!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I'll be reading all of your work!! Keep going!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

648 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 19, 2011
Last Updated on November 19, 2011


Author

paparapapa
paparapapa

Dreamland



About
If you would not be forgotten, as soon as you are dead and rotten, either write things worth reading, or do things worth the writing. - Benjamin Franklin more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..