Chapter 6: Aftermath (Faith's POV) Part 1

Chapter 6: Aftermath (Faith's POV) Part 1

A Chapter by paparapapa
"

What happened to Faith after the break-up?

"

Chapter 6: Aftermath (Faith’s POV) part 1

AFTERbreak-up

Faith’s POV:

                When I saw his back moving away from me, tears streamed from my eyes more profusely than ever as if I haven’t cried for years. It felt as if they were dammed for centuries, and the barrier just decided to break down because it couldn’t contain them anymore. I tried thinking of something to say that would make him stop, turn around and come back to me, but all I could think of at that moment were the words Stop, Please and his name. But as I attempted to voice them out, the only word that came out from my mouth was Steve. I mumbled his name over and over again as if my life depended on it, as if it was the only way to make him return to me. I felt my knees quiver like it was holding on to my last sliver of strength. And once I saw his figure disappear out of the door, all that was left of me vanished instantly and my knees gave way.

 I stayed there for a while trying to regain some strength, and after a while, I struggled to stand up as I looked at my surroundings for signs of life. I smiled bitterly as I thought of the last good thing that he did to me " bringing me to a VIP room so that no one is around when he finally breaks my heart, well, except for the string quartet who might have thought of how crazy I was, crying and smiling at the same time. They must have realized that I needed some privacy, so they silently walked towards the door and went out.

                I just let my tears flow as I looked for a chair and sat down. I didn’t make any effort to stop them since I know it would just be in vain. I decided to just stay there until my eyes dried out and I would be too tired to even think of him. Hours have passed by, but my tear ducts haven’t given up yet. I can’t believe that they’ve chosen this time to not cooperate with me. I was mentally persuading my eyes to stop when I felt a presence beside me.

                “I’m sorry to disturb you miss, but my boss ordered me to tell you that we have to close this restaurant few minutes from now since it’s getting late already,” the waiter told me while throwing me an apologetic look.

                “I understand, I’ll just fix myself,” I squeaked. He gave me a sympathetic smile.

                I went to the restroom and gasped when I saw how disheveled my hair was. My tears also made my mascara very messy. It formed two black lines showing the tracks of my tears. I rummaged my bag for a pack of wet wipes. When I found it, I took a piece and rested it on my cheeks. The cold feel from it alleviated the turmoil that I was feeling inside. I quickly erased the signs of my crying and brushed my hair until it turned back to the way it was before " before Steve crushed my heart. I grimaced when I remembered it again. When I was done, I thanked the waiter who talked to me a while ago and walked out of the restaurant trying to ignore the stares that I received from the other employees. Once I stepped out of the door, I breathed deeply and swore to myself that I’ll never ever step inside that restaurant again.

                I was just staring at the sky when a taxi cab stopped in front of me. The driver stuck his head out and asked me if I’m getting a ride. I dithered for a while since I didn’t know where to go. I couldn’t go home since I know mom would be questioning me about my eyes since they’re too swollen that only half of my pupils can be seen. Without knowing where to go, I slipped into the cab’s back seat. He started driving, but after about a minute, he asked where my destination was. I absentmindedly blurted Princess’ address while gazing out into nothingness.

                The trip to Princess’ house that night was the longest one that I ever had, as if the driver purposely took a longer route towards the address that I gave him. While I was in the car, I couldn’t help but reminisce the day when I realized that I love him. It was also the day when I finally gave up stopping myself from having the idea that he might also have strong feelings for me, and the day I gave him the power to hurt me. It was one of the days that I felt very vulnerable but at the same time, happy that I was. I felt another tear fall from my right eye and immediately blinked it away.

                After a few more minutes, the cab stopped in front of Princess’ house. I paid the driver, thanked him and got out of the car. I slowly walked towards her door while thinking of what to tell Princess when she asks me what’s wrong, but after some time I decided to just tell her the ugly truth since I know I can’t run away from her forever. I sucked in air first before knocking at her door. I didn’t ring their doorbell since I know that would wake up the whole household. At least I’m still sane enough to even think of that. While waiting for someone to open the door, I wished hard that no one other than my best friend will see me in this state. Being the telepathic friend that she was, she opened the door for me, and once her eyes laid on me, I heard a sharp intake of breath from her.

                “Who’s at the door, Princess?” I heard Vivian ask Princess.

                “Faith. I forgot that we decided to have a sleepover tonight so I wasn’t able to tell you earlier,” she replied. I felt guilty that she had to lie to her mom.

                “Oh okay. Hi Faith,” she shouted.

                “Hi Vivian,” I croaked. I didn’t think that she heard it.

                Princess then pulled me towards her bedroom. When she closed the door, she turned to me, but before she could say anything, I threw her a pleading look and said “Please don’t say the words ‘Told you so’ tonight, please?” And with that, I started crying again. I’ve never cried this much in my entire life.

                “Tell me what’s wrong,” she told me looking like she was also hurt herself.

                I started telling her everything starting from the time when I finally admitted I love him. I sobbed from time to time, but she just patiently sat beside me and listened keenly as if something will happen to her if she misses a single word. When I was done pouring my heart out, she didn’t make an effort to say comforting words. Instead, she just hugged me tightly and patted my back. She must have thought that cursing him at that moment wouldn’t comfort me and make me forget him. Her sweet gesture made me feel slightly better. After a while, she stood up, picked her phone from her study table and started dialing a series of numbers. Silence filled the room as she waited for the person on the other line to answer her call.

                “Hi Jane. I’m sorry that I only called you now. Faith’s with me. I forgot to call you earlier. We have a project that we have to talk about so we decided to have an emergency sleepover. I hope you don’t mind,” she told my mom. She fell silent as she listened to what my mom had to say.

                “Thank you Jane. She’s so into it that no one can disturb her. You know how she is when it comes to school work,” she added a laugh. I mouthed her a thank you, and she just smiled at me. I don’t know what I have done in my past life to have a friend like her. I’m one lucky gal.

                “Bye Jane, and goodnight,” she said before she ended the call. She then went downstairs and when she came back, she handed me a glass of water. I accepted it and drank it till the last drop.

                “Thank you,” I murmured shyly.

                “Don’t sweat it. Just cry your heart out tonight. You’ll feel better tomorrow,” she advised me and smiled at me reassuringly. She uttered a good night and slept on her side of the bed. After a while, I heard her soft breathing signaling that she had fallen asleep already. I lied down beside her and tried my hardest to cry silently. It took few more hours before my eyes finally dried up and another hour before I fell asleep.

                When I woke up the next day, my eyes hurt like hell. It was a good thing that it was a Saturday, so I didn’t have to go to school looking awful. I looked for Princess, but she was nowhere in sight. I decided to wash my face first while waiting for her. When I came out of Princess’ own bathroom, I saw her sitting comfortably on her bed. When she turned to me, I faked a smile and slowly moved towards her.

                “Good morning!” I grinned at her.

                “Stop it,” she whispered.

                “Stop what?” I asked, confused.

                “You don’t have to pretend when you’re with me,” she told me like it was the most obvious thing in the world. I just pouted my lips.

                “So what do you want to do? You can’t go home looking like that,” she continued.

                “You’re right. I’m not ready to share everything with my mom,” I replied.

                “Well, we can have a movie marathon. We can watch our favorite movies that always make us cry. That way, when she asks about your eyes, you’ll be able to tell her a white lie,” she explained while looking very proud of herself for her brilliant idea.

                “Ok then,” I agreed. “Let’s start with Armageddon,” I exclaimed.

                “This is our tenth time watching that movie,” she said matter-of-factly. I just grinned at her.

                We watched three movies that morning. I gave her the freedom to choose the other two movies. After we were done, it was already 4 in the afternoon. My eyes were worse than they were when I woke up, but at least now, I have a perfect reason. I decided to go home, and Vivian insisted that Princess drives me to my house. My best friend happily followed her mother leaving me with no choice. I thanked her mother before we went out.

                While we were in the car, Princess and I talked about the movies. It was obvious though that we were trying real hard to evade the topic on my break-up with Steve. I was really grateful that she didn’t force me to talk about it. When we arrived at my house, I thanked her and bid my goodbye. I just stood there and waited for her car to disappear from my line of sight.

 I sighed as I walked towards my house. I really wished that my mom won’t see right through me. When I looked at our patio, a guy with a familiar built was sitting on one of the steps, his head bowed down like he was dozing off. He must have heard my footsteps since he looked up and stared at me. I gasped when I recognized who it was. His face brightened up and he smiled at me when he saw me staring, but it immediately turned into a scowl when he had taken a good look at my face. I walked up to him and muttered…

 “What are you doing here David?”



© 2011 paparapapa


Author's Note

paparapapa
I don't know what I am doing with the novel. :)) Enlighten me, please. Is the chapter any good? Is the shift from before to after break up abrupt? Is it too detailed? Ugh, help me. :)) I really liked Princess in this chapter. What did you think of her? How about David? Tell me what you think and I'll love you forever. Haha.

P.S. Please subscribe if you like it. :P

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I hate the fact that you jumped from before they got together to after. It was as if you skipped so many moments of delight and love they shared. Well, what's done is done, great job i guess. This is detailed quite nicely, and I agree with you, I liked Princess in this chapter. She's very nice and considerate for Faith. Good job.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I was confuse how this chapter started after the break-up, I thought I miss a chapter, but I'm OK with that. I am assuming the detail of the actual breakup is coming in future chapters. I like this chapter showing Faith emotional state and the surprise ending-It good!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I'm loving this story. :) Awesome job. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hey. :) It's a great story, but there's one problem that I'm having with it: the setting. The enviorments and everything are nice and realistic. It's not that. It's the times. Your switching from past to present in almost every chapter. It's not really fun as a reader to be jostled around so much. Try to have something like 5 chapters that are int he past, and then some in the present, and then another five in the past. Keep the past and present switching predictable. besides that, it's really good and not boring at all!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I hate the fact that you jumped from before they got together to after. It was as if you skipped so many moments of delight and love they shared. Well, what's done is done, great job i guess. This is detailed quite nicely, and I agree with you, I liked Princess in this chapter. She's very nice and considerate for Faith. Good job.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A little to abrupt, but easy to understand, and still very good, enjoying every bit of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Love it! Write more!!
Hey, and what is subscribing to something mean, anyway? I don't know what I would have to do.....

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love princess :) she's awesome! :) david? im sensing a love triangle :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

623 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 30, 2011
Last Updated on October 30, 2011
Tags: scorned, romance, love story, revenge


Author

paparapapa
paparapapa

Dreamland



About
If you would not be forgotten, as soon as you are dead and rotten, either write things worth reading, or do things worth the writing. - Benjamin Franklin more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Scorned Scorned

A Book by paparapapa