Stay Home

Stay Home

A Chapter by Rose Elizabeth

 

                We went over to Sadie’s place and crashed. Her place was pretty big. You walked in and there were stairs right there. To the left was a study and to the right was a living room. Further back you see a door to a bathroom under the stairs. In the back to the left was a kitchen and then to the right of that was a dining room. Up the stairs and to the right was Sadie’s room and then to the right was her parent’s room. Then there was another set of stairs and up those were two soundproof rooms that were her parents offices. Her room was rather big, and on her ceiling was a portrait of two fighting dragons. I really loved to just stare up at them. Wait I bet your wondering what ever happened to poor Snickers well I dropped him off at Sadie’s first and forgot to tell you guys! Ha, ha! Who’s the looser now! No, only joking. We stayed up watching TV and talking about the guys we thought were too hot to be true and other girly stuff. It was ten when I woke up. The girls were still fast asleep. I went downstairs with Snickers and got some ham out of the refrigerator. Sadie’s rents weren’t home right now so we had the place to ourselves. I carefully went over to the living room and plopped myself down on the couch and turned on the tube. After a while the girls came down to join me. Sadie made chocolate pancakes that could blow Viki’s precise blandcakes out of the water any day. We started playing wii after breakfast and then at one in the afternoon Alex came over. He knocked at the door and Sadie came running, she opened the door and Alex came in out of the freezing air. She gave him a smile and wrapped her arms around his neck as he wound his around her waist. She looked at us and then grabbed his arm and dragged him upstairs; he didn’t even look at us this whole time. I’d have to ask her if she was doing dirty things to the poor boy later. Morgan and I put the radio on blast just in case they were making too much noise up there and settled down on the couch. She came down and sat on the couch beside us with Alex trailing behind like a little lost puppy. I’d remembered when we were all little and he used to come over to our house all the time and Sadie would come over just to watch him. He didn’t come over for a chance sighting of his now girlfriend; at least not at first. He was fortunate in that he still had both his parents; he was unfortunate in the quality of his parents. His mother was a hopeless perfectionist and his father was a cheating drunk; both of them beat him endlessly. I still remember the scars he used to come home with. He lived with Dex kind of now, whenever his parents were in a bad mood he’d go there or Sadie’s place, but that was most the time. I never could understand why, no, how a parent could do that to their child. Ben used to try to explain it to me but I still can’t understand. It would be impossible for me to even think about dad being bad to me or even Ben even though we did experience spankings more than once we learned fast. We sat around and watched Buffy the Vampire Slayer for a while and then Sadie got up.
                “We’re being big fat couch potatoes! Come on lets go to the gym!” and that’s what we did. It was three when we got out though and the day hadn’t gone by yet.
                “Now what?” complained Morgan who had been sitting moodily on a bench watching us work out at the local Y with nothing else to do.
                “Sopping!” screamed Sadie.
                “No!” I laughed, “We shopped all yesterday!”
                “So,” she got in my face and I pushed her away.
                “Hey let’s go to the bar,” suggested Morgan. This reminded me, I needed to tell her about the earrings and the necklace.
                “No Morry, let’s go to this café over here,” I said pointing to a rundown café on the road.
                “Why would we do that?” asked Sadie calmly.
                “Look I need to talk to Morgan about something,” I whispered so that only the girls could hear.
                “Oh, ok” Sadie whispered back. Morgan looked at me questioningly. We walked with Alex behind us. I sat down in a small back table. I took Morgan beside me.
                “Hey Morry, look I need to tell you about Johnny and… and Dex,” I said carefully.
                “What are you talking about?” she laughed unbelieving.
                “Look, I don’t think Johnny’s into you, I’m sorry,” I said quickly. Sadie took another table with Alex. She would have told you that there weren’t enough seats at our table but I knew she knew where I was going.
                “I know,” she said quietly.
                “Don’t go out with him please,” I whispered and put my arms around her shoulders.
                “He’s the only one who’s ever paid me any attention,” she looked like she was about to cry. I held her tighter.
                “You’re to go to just hang around with whoever comes your way. The right guy’ll come around soon enough,” I whispered into her ear.
                “When?” she pleaded.
                “Soon,” I whispered as I slipped the necklace into her hand. It was in its case but soon enough she’d know what it meant, I hopped. I took her hand and motioned toward Sadie that we should do something else. We went and played some basket ball and then we saw a movie. It was four o’clock when Ben texted me to come to the bar and bring the gang. I texted him back asking if Viki was with him, he texted no, I texted him good I’ll come. So we went and that’s where this chapter rightfully ends. Short hu? Get over it!


© 2009 Rose Elizabeth


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Now I'm just waiting for more. There will be more won't there?

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
1 Review
Added on October 17, 2009


Author

Rose Elizabeth
Rose Elizabeth

AL



About
I'm a chocoholic who loves to laze around. Thankfully I'm not fat yet! I suck at grammer and spelling so please don't insult me for it! I love music and movies and I totaly think school is a dra.. more..

Writing
trial trial

A Story by Rose Elizabeth


Capture Capture

A Chapter by Rose Elizabeth