You Belong With Me

You Belong With Me

A Chapter by Rose Elizabeth

 

                He was sitting in the back staring at his drink. I walked to the table behind Sadie and Alex. Morgan was talking to Johnny, hopefully for the last time. I texted Alice that he was to be taken off the guest list whether or not Morgan worked up the guts to breakup with him. Dex was there sitting where we couldn’t see him in the booth staring at his glass of water. Chefy came out to take our order while Johnny and Morgan were talking. We sat in uncomfortable silence for a long time. Eventually Morgan came to sit by Dex and Johnny ran out the door. I gave Sadie a smile but Morgan put her head on the table. Dex gave her a sideways glance at her. We started talking about the different movies and then CDs, and then we started talking about school. I wasn’t really interested though. I looked at Ben and then at Sadie.
                “Well, I guess it’s time we start heading home,” she said around eight o’clock at night. It was snowing outside and they put up their hoods before they headed out. Morgan and Dex scooted farther apart. Morgan had never brought her head off the table, Dex watched his water all the way through, then me and Ben looked in all different directions.
                “What’s the point!” whispered Dex silently a few minutes later as he ran out the door. A second later Morgan got up and walked out the door with her head down low. Next thing I knew it was just me and Ben and the perfect opportunity to ask him something personal. I looked at him from across the table over all the empty glasses.
                “Hey, how’s your weekend been?” I asked.
                “Horrid,” he sighed.
                “Why?” I asked quietly.
                “Me and Viki got into another fight,” he looked over at the floor.
                “Another one?” how could they fight so much.
                “Yeah! Well tell her that, she’s so picky,” he was really annoyed.
                “What was the fight about?”
                “Sex,” he puffed, “and how we’re spending New Years.” I didn’t say anything for a while. Then I looked at him directly.
                “Ben, speaking of how we’re spending New Years,” I paused and he looked up at me, “would you escort me to the party?” I said it quick like a bandage from the wound. He just looked at me for a while. Then:
                “Um… sure,” I’m not sure he knew what he was doing but I didn’t care. I grabbed his arm and dragged him home. Viki was there but once again I didn’t care. I knew they went to bed together in his room I saw them leave the couch and I took their place. It was nice when I had the apartment to myself but Ben never bothered me, it was Viki that killed me. I watched nick at night all night and played with Snickers.
                It was Tuesday morning when I woke up and I couldn’t think of anything to do. I started cleaning up my room which hadn’t been picked up since forever ago. I washed cloths and vacuumed downstairs floors. I also picked up my closet. I put things on shelves and hung up cloths and after a while I came to the very back of my enormous walk in closet. There on the floor was the picture I had drawn of Wolfey. In a whirlwind of colors that day came back to me. I ran over to my freshly made bed and had a good cry. It was twelve at night I think when Ben came into my room and held me tight as we fell asleep. Viki wasn’t here though and I was thankful for that. Wednesday I woke up with Ben on the Bed beside me.
                “Hey,” I sighed as I sat up and jiggled his shoulder.
                “Hey,” he said wiping the sleep out of his eyes. I got up and out of bed and rubbed my eyes. I went over and looked out the window beside my bed.
                “So how’s Viki going for you?” I asked smoothly
                “Not good,” he sighed, “I think we’re falling apart.”
                “Why don’t you break up with her?” I whispered as if I didn’t care.
                “No, I can’t do that,” he put his face in the pillow.
                “Why?” my heart started to break but I wouldn’t let that show.
                “Oh… I don’t know, I just… I just…” he couldn’t spit it out.
                “I know, she’s your first,” I sighed.
                “No! She… she wasn’t…” he said defensively.
                “Your first girlfriend,” I smiled.
                “Oh, yeah!” he exclaimed at me with wide eyes.
                “Ha, so you two haven’t slept together?”
                “Oh no! No, no, no, no, no.” I gave him a smile.
                “Come on down, let’s have some breakfast,” I headed toward the door. He followed close behind. I went on over to the refrigerator. “What d’ya want?” I asked leaning into the light.
                “How about some eggs and bacon,” he said from the other side of the door.
                “Sure,” I said taking out the eggs and bacon. I started working and he just sat watching and thinking from the edge of the kitchen. We spent the morning that way: him watching me work. By ten it was time for me to go help Alice put together the party.
                “Do you have to go now,” he whined from the couch.
                “Yeah, I don’t want this party to turn out to be a dump.”
                “Fine, I’ll miss you though,” he said getting up from the couch to give me a huge goodbye.
                “Look, I’ll be there until well… I’ll not come home before the party so you’re going to have to come meet me in Alice’s room,” I said as I started going through my bag, “I cleaned your suit and your mask is on your dresser.” I started to walk out the door.
                “Have fun,” he said weekly as I closed the door. I stomped down to Regis in my high heeled boots and there was Alice waiting in the bar area. Together we went off to the great room and looked around. We called companies for last minute checks and then we started discussing where everything would go. Eventually we wound our way up to her room. We had a good ten hour sleep then at eight we got room service of all sorts of breakfast food. At nine we came down to the lobby and started orchestrating the moving of tables and flowers and decorations and food all throughout the building. We took a break at around twelve. The party started at nine P.M.; we agreed to start getting ready at six. Slowly things went on till six in the afternoon rolled around. Together we went upstairs leaving Alice’s assistants to finish the preparation. We took showers and combed our hair. We spent hours meticulously placing odd curls and putting as little makeup on as possible. At around eight forty we finished with hair and makeup and went to put on our dresses.
                She wore a velvet black dress for the party. It was sleeveless and then when one looked to the back one could see that only strings held it on; a criss-cross of fine lace that reached down to the small of her back. The front was tight across her breast and graciously showed off her cleavage. The dress was made of satin; the skirt was covered in sparkles. It was real big and flowing all over the floor; when she sat down I had to help her up. No you don’t get to know what my dress looks like yet but you will soon. It was a long time but eventually Alice told me she was going to check out the party and start greeting guests.


© 2009 Rose Elizabeth


Author's Note

Rose Elizabeth
this might be it for a little while because i am so stuck it is not even funny!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Dang it!! I want to know what her dress looks like! Other than that this is good.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
1 Review
Added on October 21, 2009


Author

Rose Elizabeth
Rose Elizabeth

AL



About
I'm a chocoholic who loves to laze around. Thankfully I'm not fat yet! I suck at grammer and spelling so please don't insult me for it! I love music and movies and I totaly think school is a dra.. more..

Writing
trial trial

A Story by Rose Elizabeth


Capture Capture

A Chapter by Rose Elizabeth