One

One

A Chapter by Sara
"

James has been juggling David and Kimberly for months and has become quite good at sneaking around the two that is until a coincidence helps David see the truth.

"

On his way into work, the boy notices a wallet on the curb. He picks it up as he walks through a pair of doors into the CN tower. He waves and mumbles a “hey” through security then walks to the elevator. He opens the wallet and pauses; there was a photo, his boyfriend James’s photo. He ruffles through the wallet, and finds an ID, Kimberly Watson, the girl who works the t-shirt stand. Why would Kimberly have James’s photo?

 

He hides the wallet in his pocket just as the elevator neared his floor. The elevator stops, he steps out just in time to hear “... Ya okay, I’ll be ready in a minute. Sure bye!” Kimberly hangs up rolling her eyes, blushing. 

Feeling foolish, the boy scurries into the bathroom to change into his uniform. He looks for his nametag; it’s missing. He thinks back, he had it at security, then in the elevator… S**t, he dropped it when he rushed past Kimberly.

 

He walks quickly towards Kimberly and her kiosk near the elevator. “David, you dropped your name tag.” Kimberly says politely smiling, holding the tag out for him. David reaches out for the name tag. His fingers reach the tag when the elevator dings open. Kimberly’s smile widens, and David turns around. It was James, a smile pasted on his face, foot half way out the elevator.  With barely a pause, he steps out. “Hey David.” he says with a nod.

 

Turning his head he says “Are you ready?” He’s smiling at his girlfriend, but his eyes haven’t left David for a second. Kimberly moves in close and gives James a long hug and they step back into the elevator together. David and James stand for a second there, on opposite sides of the elevator, eyes locked for a frozen moment. Then Kimberly presses the elevator button. James raises an eyebrow as the elevator door shuts. David stands facing the closed elevator door, with the tag in his hand. He turns around and feels the weight of Kimberly’s wallet in his pocket. S**t



© 2013 Sara


Author's Note

Sara
I'd like reviewers and readers what they think! Any comment would go a long way, thanks.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
Added on February 2, 2013
Last Updated on March 6, 2013
Tags: love, love triangle


Author

Sara
Sara

Toronto, Canada



About
My name is Sara, all you really need to know about me is that I love a good story. It doesn't matter what shape, length or style. The story is what I live for. I'll read any story, novel or book. .. more..

Writing
Identify me Identify me

A Story by Sara