Sixteen

Sixteen

A Chapter by Sara

 

“Hey, James” David said breathing hard. David was crouched in front of James’ front door trying to catch his breath. James looked at David suspiciously before he spoke.

“What do you want? Why are you here so late?” James checked his watch and glanced inside his house to see where his parents were. He heard the sound of the television and relaxed.

 

“I�"um accidently gave you the disc. I thought it was the one that came with the textbook but it turns out it’s Heather’s and she rented it and it needs to take it back like tonight.” David said barely pausing before he started again. “You still have it right? I mean of course you have it. It’s no like you could of lost it so quickly. Anyway, can I get it back?”

 

“You ran all this way for a DVD rental?” James asked with a teasing smile. David didn’t notice the smile didn’t reach his eyes.

James reached for his back pocket and frowned. He then went through his jacket and shock his head.

“I swear I just had it…” James began.

“Don’t tell me you left it a Richard’s house.” David was pale.

“…s**t. Yeah, I probably left it there.” James said shrugging his shoulders.

  David turned his back on James as he quickly dialed Heather’s number.

“Heather, it’s a Richard’s house. What do we do?” David was quite for a long time as Heather said a few things James couldn’t hear.

 

“No, it’s fine I’ll ask her.” David said hanging up. He turned back to James who was staring at David intently.

 

“Are you and Heather together?” James said suddenly.

“No, for the last time. Where did you get that idea?”

“Kimberly, she went to your house and saw you two together.”

“What? Kimberly came over but nothing was going on with Heather.”

“Fine. I believe you.” James stepped forward with a sly smile. Briefly he looked over his shoulder before he turned back to David but David saw the kiss coming this time. He took several steps back and crossed his arms in front of him.

“No. James this isn’t going to happen. You can’t have us both.”

“I’m not trying…”

“I’m not listening.” David started to walk away.

“I broke up with her.” James yelled at David. David paused and looked back at James confused. There was spark of hope in David’s eyes, one James noticed.

“That’s why she was at my house today. Just now we split up.” James said with intensity that David couldn’t ignore.

“You’re lying.” David said with wide eyes.

“You know I’m not.” James winked with half a smile. Shrugging he turned back to his door. “Well, I’ll see you tomorrow. Behind the pizza store, third period.” James said unlocking his front door. James paused for a moment when David didn’t respond.

He looked over to David only to be surprised at how close David was suddenly standing.

 

David looked at James in the eye. “I don’t know if I can trust you anymore James.”

“Oh, but you can.” James said touching David’s chin.

“No.” David said stepping away so that James couldn’t touch him. “I’m still angry with you.”

David turned around hiding the smile that spread across his face and walked away and this time James didn’t stop him.



© 2013 Sara


Author's Note

Sara
Right now I'm mostly concentrating on story/plot. If there's a huge gaping plot hole i've missed tell me! I'd like to know about it before I keep going :> enjoy

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great work Sara! Your characterization is both nuanced and fascinating. I especially enjoyed the extra hint of douchery delivered with James wink and half smile. It really gave me a picture of the character! My latop needs charging. Farewell!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Sara

11 Years Ago

Hey Z, thanks for commenting, even if it looks like I'm commenting on my own work :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
1 Review
Added on February 25, 2013
Last Updated on February 25, 2013


Author

Sara
Sara

Toronto, Canada



About
My name is Sara, all you really need to know about me is that I love a good story. It doesn't matter what shape, length or style. The story is what I live for. I'll read any story, novel or book. .. more..

Writing
Identify me Identify me

A Story by Sara