Eight

Eight

A Chapter by Sara

David shrugged and checked the door. He promptly opened the door when he saw who it was.

 

Heather laughed as David smacked himself in the head.

“You forgot.” Heather said with a smile that teased.

“No, no I didn’t forget. Something just came up and I got distracted.”

 

“Does that mean we aren’t going to study?”

“We are. Come in I just have to change my shirt and get my stuff.” David said letting Heather in past the door.

“Are you hungry? Thirsty? No, okay I’ll be done in like ten seconds.” David said walking into his room.

Heather sighed dropping her book bag onto the floor.

Heather had overestimated the cold weather and had worn a thick scarf and heavy jacket that made her too warm.

 

She took off her scarf, jacket and unbuttoned her sweater.

Heather looked around the room and found an old family portrait on the wall. She noticed it was the only picture in the room. Heather frowned she’d expected a few pictures of David as kid but if they had any they weren’t on the wall. Heather was about to pick up the picture when the doorbell rang again.

 

“Heather could you get that for me, tell them I’ll be there soon.” David yelled out from his room.

“Sure.” She said fixing her hair in the hall mirror. She was having a bad hair day she sighed and gave up.

 

“Hello.” Heather said under her breath with a raised eyebrow as she looked out the peephole. Heather opened the door just as Kimberly reached out to knock again. He mouth opened in surprise at finding Heather instead of David.

“David’s um"occupied did you want something.” Heather said crossing her arms with just enough attitude to remind Kimberly that she was still angry with her.

Kimberly shook her head and stared at Heather for a moment longer before speaking. “I need to talk to David about something.” Kimberly said slowly.

 

“Oh we were just about to go out. You could come along if you want.” Heather said that last part like it was a very bad idea.

“Heather, who is it?” David asked stepping out of his room. He noticed the look of disgust on Heather’s face and walked to the front door. David turned red as soon as he laid eyes on Kimberly.

Kimberly on the other hand was turning a nice pale colour. She swallowed hard as she noticed that both Heather and David looked disarrayed. Kimberly began to blush when she thought of what the two were doing before she knocked on the door.

“Sorry looks like I caught you at a bad time.” Kimberly said fidgeting. “I can come back later.” She said stepping back.

“Wait. Kimberly,” David said stepping forward. “Is this about your phone? I swear it was all a misunderstanding. Talk to James.”

“James is a lying b*****d, but I already knew that.” Kimberly sighed. “Sorry for bothering you guys, see you around.” Kimberly walked away.

 

David and Heather looked at each other confused. 

“We should get to the library.” Heather said suddenly.

“Yeah sure.” David said grabbing his jacket.

 



© 2013 Sara


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
Added on February 14, 2013
Last Updated on February 15, 2013


Author

Sara
Sara

Toronto, Canada



About
My name is Sara, all you really need to know about me is that I love a good story. It doesn't matter what shape, length or style. The story is what I live for. I'll read any story, novel or book. .. more..

Writing
Identify me Identify me

A Story by Sara