Twenty

Twenty

A Chapter by Sara

 

David and Kimberly stood across from each other, Kimberly had her hands on her hips and David had crossed his arms over his chest. They stayed locked in a silent starting contest for several minutes.

Kimberly wasn’t worried. She knew David had no choice. He would go with her plan but she also knew she had let him have time to understand this on his own.

Slowly, her chin tilted down confidently as she pursed her lips.

David looked away scowling he pressed his fingers against his brow.

“Would you just tell me why?” He asked suddenly glancing back at Kimberly.

“Because he needs to know what he did was wrong.”

“He does.”

“Hmp. No he doesn’t. Don’t think, not even for a second that he feels bad about this. If he feels  bad is cause he got caught.” Kimberly stepped forward placing her hand on David’s shoulder. David shock his head. “You know I’m right.” She said nodding slowly.

  

“He’s just going to get angry and walk away. He’s going to figure it out.”

“He won’t not for a long time anyway, unless you or I tell him. I’ve known him longer and better then you do.” Kimberly said as her eyes began to look past David.

“I don’t want to do this.” David said again.

She shook her head. “I don’t understand you, David. Aren’t you angry?”

 

David looked down at his bandaged hand. Then David remembered James, the good parts; James laughing at a joke, James apologizing at work, James smiling at his door and James telling him he still loved him. David manically pushed his hair back before he answered.

“I was at first, when I first found out, but I got over it. Like how you’ll get over it.”

David looked Kimberly squarely in the eye, but Kimberly only shook her head skeptically.

“Why don’t you let yourself calm down? Think this through.” David suggested calmly.

“I have.” Kimberly said quietly. “It’s not like we’ll do anything he hasn’t.”

“I doubt it’ll work, anyway.”

 

“Does that mean you won’t go through with it?” Kimberly hissed abruptly stepping a too close to David. “I don’t who this Lawrence is but I’m guessing you don’t want him to know where you are.”

“No,” He said stepping back. “I’ll do it.”

“Good.” Kimberly said relaxing and broke into a bright smile. She turned on her heel and quickly made her way to class.

David didn’t bother with class, he sighed taking out his cell phone and sent a text to James.  When he finished he turned off his phone and took out his pack of cigarettes and carefully ripping open the clear plastic. He put a cigarette in his mouth but left it unlit and closed his eyes. He opened them and made is way out of school building. He wondered if he should ask his sister for help, could she get Lawrence to back off?


© 2013 Sara


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
Added on March 10, 2013
Last Updated on March 10, 2013


Author

Sara
Sara

Toronto, Canada



About
My name is Sara, all you really need to know about me is that I love a good story. It doesn't matter what shape, length or style. The story is what I live for. I'll read any story, novel or book. .. more..

Writing
Identify me Identify me

A Story by Sara