Eighteen

Eighteen

A Chapter by Sara

 

Heather watched David as he stepped inside. She frowned she recognized the look on his face, had Richard already found a way to blackmail David?

Heather smiled apologetically as she stepped toward David’s broadening figure.

“Did you find it yet?” Heather said quietly checking over her shoulder to see if anyone was around.

“Yes.” David said staring past Heather with a defeated look.

“So you saw Lawrence threatening you and Kimberly? Do you know why he thinks you and Kimberly are a couple?”

“Heather, I’ll talk to Lawrence. Kimberly will be fine.” David said slowly walking away.

 

Heather watched David until he walked into his class down the hall. There was something wrong.

Heather dialed Richard’s number but it went straight to voice mail.

 Heather frowned, the last time she’d asked for Richard’s help she live to regret it. When she’d finally escaped him she’d felt free for the first time in years.

It looked like Richard had found himself another puppet spy in David. Heather shook her head; she was not prepared to fight Richard again. She’d let David take care of himself.

David watched Kimberly write something into her notebook. He looked at the list for the fifth time frowning at the first option.

 

1.     Ask Kimberly out on a date.  Before lunch.

­­­­

David jumped at the sound of the bell. Then he quickly sprang up and chased after Kimberly who had sped out of the room at the sound of the bell.

“Kimberly! Wait up.” David said as Kimberly turned a corner.  David sighed as he jogged to catch up. He nearly crashed into Kimberly who had suddenly stopped. She leaned against the wall.

 

“Hey, David.” Kimberly said with a straight face.

“Hey, Kimberly. I just heard about James.” David began. “Well, not like right now but recently. I was wondering, actually if you were alright.”

“So, what did James tell you? ”  Kimberly said staring at the floor. “Did he say he broke up with me?”

David raised an eyebrow at Kimberly.

“He did didn’t he? Whatever. I’m  fine, I wouldn’t have broke up with him if I was going to be all broken up about it.” Kimberly said shrugging her shoulders, She stepped away from the wall and started to walk away.

“Wait, Kimberly.“ David called out. He gulped at Kimberly’s curious face and shook his head. He couldn’t do it.

 “There’s something I have to tell you about James.”

 

 

David pushed back his hair as he nervously looked at the ground. Kimberly watched David for a moment and sighed.

“How long?”

“What?” David asked confused. “I didn’t think you’d believe me.”

“I already knew.  It’s why I broke up with him, only I told him that it was because I was tired of him.”

“Oh,” David said looking embarrassed. “I didn’t realized. ”

“You didn’t answer my question. How long?”

“How long were we together? Since October, I cut it off when I found out about the two of you.” David said casually.

“So, he started dating both of us at the same time. Why did he ask me out?” Kimberly hissed clenching her fist. Then she stopped and looked at David for a moment.

“You didn’t have to tell me. You didn’t tell me when I was with James.  So why tell me at all?”

“Because someone’s blackmailing me. They wanted me to ask you out. I just couldn’t do it.” David sighed with a look of complete defeat.

Kimberly watched David carefully. “Do you know who’s blackmailing you?”

“I’m not sure. I thought it was a James could get me back, but why would he tell me to ask you out?”

“What do they have on you?”

“They’ll send Lawrence, he’s this guy from my last school, my address and the name of this school. Trust me that would mean my life is over. Lawrence is a psychopath.”

“So, are you telling me this?” Kimberly said crossing her arms.

“Because I need your help.” David said looking Kimberly in the eye. “I need to find out who’s doing this to me and stop them.”

Kimberly smiled knowingly. “You want me to pretend to go out with you? You could’ve just said that. James will be so pissed off when he finds out.” 



© 2013 Sara


Author's Note

Sara
wow 9966 words/20 pages for this story... well this would have been written if it weren't for you Z AND M :P

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

216 Views
Added on March 1, 2013
Last Updated on March 2, 2013
Previous Versions


Author

Sara
Sara

Toronto, Canada



About
My name is Sara, all you really need to know about me is that I love a good story. It doesn't matter what shape, length or style. The story is what I live for. I'll read any story, novel or book. .. more..

Writing
Identify me Identify me

A Story by Sara