Double- edged sword.

Double- edged sword.

A Chapter by Simran Kewlani

We are always looking for things to call our own, we want to be able to say that we own it, there is something about ownership that pulls us all in its trap that we are unable to leave, once we are in, there is no pulling out.

We're like that with people too.
We want to have others who we call friends, family, relative, spouses, etc. It is an ownership, isn't it? We always want it all, greedy humans. We're all greedy like that.
We label people regardless of the protests and speech that go around that are against labels.

Why?

Because labels like friends and family are not available in all their lives. There are a thousands of people out there without friends or families. People who are alone and depressed, looking for contact. Humans are social animals, there is only so long they can go with social connections or any kind. They get called names, labels to be specific. Why? Because they don't have somebody to call their own.
Ownership is like a war between the mind and heart, in the end some part of our body or soul is in pain. There is no winning.

Labels will be a part of us until the time everybody believes that what they have is enough, not everything needs to be labelled and that society as a concept is destroyed. Until then, it's a dead end.


-Simran Kewlani.
01.06.2016


© 2019 Simran Kewlani


Author's Note

Simran Kewlani
I came across these short write ups I used to write when I was 14, so thought I'd update the book with other ones.
Let me know what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

you know the Australian Aboriginals - before white man came - know nothing of ownership - everything belonged to everything - it was all the same - it was collectively all one - ah - then white man came and eradicated this way of thinking - what a shame - we took the wrong trajectory - we could have gone any which way but landed exactly where your thoughts above say we are ... there is still hope, ah yes, there is always hope XXX

Posted 5 Years Ago


Simran Kewlani

4 Years Ago

That's a new fact for me. Thank you :)
lots of surprising wisdom coming from you as a 14 year old young lady ;) reminds me so much of the "revolution" of the 60s in good ol' USA ... i think it would be interesting to see some of these ideas put into one type of poem or another ... but.... don't label them :)))))
E.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Simran Kewlani

4 Years Ago

Thank you, Einstein Noodle. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

61 Views
2 Reviews
Added on February 13, 2019
Last Updated on February 13, 2019


Author

Simran Kewlani
Simran Kewlani

Mumbai, India



About
Which famous Poet are you?I got Emily Dickinson - Which famous Poet are you?You're like Emily Dickinson. Emily suffered from bouts of depression and melancholy. As a very shy person, she even had tr.. more..

Writing