Brother...

Brother...

A Chapter by BakaBrook
"

Sometimes the people you thought could be trusted are the ones that need to be avoided.

"

Amber let me use her phone since I sort of broke mine out of anger. My first thought was to call my brother, Dante, to see if he was okay, after all… We both were in the same position. Honestly, I didn’t think I could handle talking to him again, we argued a lot when we lived together… He never saw what father used to do… He only saw what father wanted him to see, we always argued over that… Dante always believed father until about 1 year ago. I dialled his number, having memorised it a while before. Obviously, he recognised my voice when I have the usual formal greeting.

“Brooklyn… Where are you? Why haven’t you been in contact?” He asked, I could tell he was worried through his tone.

“Right now I’m in Scotland but I’m living in Cumbria. Why?” I replied.

“Amber’s house?” I thought you two broke up, she’s been calling me trying to contact you”

“OH COURSE NOT YOU DUMBASS! SINCE WHEN WOULD I BREAK UP WITH THE ONE PERSON WHO’S ACTUALLY BELIEVED ME WITHIN THE PAST FEW YEARS?!?!”

“HEY! YOU HAD NO WAY OF PROVING THAT WHAT DAD DID WAS ACTUALLY TRUE AND YOU STILL DON’T! MOM MAY HAVE TOLD ME ALSO BUT I STILL DON’T BELIEVE IT! … Dad is a good guy… he would never do such a thing…”

“You still don’t get it do you, he’s using you Dante, you should have realised that when he didn’t help us when “you know what” happened”

“He did help us, you just saw it in the wrong way!”

“DO YOU THINK THAT LEAVING IS TO SELL HIS “HAPPY PILLS” IS HELPING?!?!”

“IT GOT US MONEY!”

“MONEY IS NOTHING WHEN YOU HAVE NO REASON FOR IT… If you think… if he hadn’t went… All of us would still be here…”

“Don’t bring that up… Dad is a good person and you know it! You just don’t want to admit it to yourself, you were always on mom’s side in every argument and fight”

 

“Of course, because I knew she was right. Dante… you hardly saw anything, you were always out training or joy riding with your friends”

“… Just explain one thing to me, why did you leave? If you had so much against dad… why didn’t you just do to him what you did to your so called friend?”

I felt a sharp pain shoot through my heart after those few last words, “How are you… HOW DARE YOU BRING THAT UP! THAT WASN’T MY FAULT AND YOU KNOW IT! … Demi didn’t die because of me… You used to tell me that… Yes, I used to fight a lot but… She died from a heart attack… Not by my hands…”

“She died because you got into a fight with the one person she loved. She didn’t love you anymore, she loved Abby, the blonde that you had so much hatred towards, the one female that you couldn’t be better than. She died because you went against her. You didn’t listen.”

“I knew her a lot better than anyone… It wasn’t me…”

“Just answer my question.”

“I left to prevent any violence… To get away from him… The man you claim to be a god.”

There was a 2 minute gap until he messaged me back, “I’ve told dad were you are living, he’ll be round that area tomorrow, be prepared, he’s angry with you for leaving and wants answers… Like me.” He hung up.

I could feel the anger racing through my body with every second that passed, I actually couldn’t wait to see him… I just don’t want Kohaku to get involved… There could be dire consequences if she does…



© 2012 BakaBrook


Author's Note

BakaBrook
Thank you for reading xx
Sorry for any bad grammar or spelling mistakes. I've only just typed this up in Computing.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
Added on May 21, 2012
Last Updated on December 19, 2012


Author

BakaBrook
BakaBrook

Newcastle, England, United Kingdom



About
I'm a teenage female by the name Brooklyn. My hobbies... does music count? Yes? Great. So, Music, guitars, writing, drawing, watching murder series' and documentaries, Anime, Manga, role playing, fan.. more..

Writing
SHORT VERSION SHORT VERSION

A Chapter by BakaBrook


The Game The Game

A Chapter by BakaBrook