More News

More News

A Chapter by Toni-Lynn Benoit
"

This day has been more than either Katie and Ray expected it to be. Will more news make things worse?

"

Katie walked back to her temporary home. She didn’t feel like calling Ray and dealing with this problem at the moment. Katie knew that Ray wasn’t happy with her. She had never acted this way towards him and it was a shock to her as well. She walked in the door hoping to see Ray sitting on the couch or waiting for her on the steps, but instead she saw no one. She placed her coat on the hanger next to the door and just walked upstairs.

         

Katie walked into Ray’s room to see if maybe he was there. As she opened the door, he heard his computer go off. She normally wasn’t the type to go and look at Ray’s computer when he wasn’t around, but she was curious. So she walked over to his desk and opened his computer. She typed in the password and started looking at the different windows. She saw an email from someone named Sarah. Katie couldn’t remember Ray mentioning anyone named Sarah. She felt bad opening the email, but she just couldn’t help it. It was begging for her to open it.

         

“Hey cutie, I had a great time at the party this afternoon! See you again soon!” Katie looked at the computer screen in shock. A party? Ray hadn’t said anything to Katie about a party. Now granted they hadn’t really talked today, but still he never mentioned anything. And who was this girl that was flirting with him?

         

All of the sudden she heard a knock on the door. She closed the tab immediately and shut the computer screen as the door opened. Katie turned around in the chair and saw Ray’s mom looking at her. “Hi Mary, Ray isn’t home right now”. Katie tried to calm her nerves so she didn’t cause any suspicion.

         

“Yeah, I figured that he would be out and about doing stuff. I just wanted to let you know that dinner will be ready in half an hour.” Katie breathed a sigh of relief. She didn’t suspect anything or at least she hadn’t asked any questions.

         

Katie wasn’t sure what to think. She felt as if she had violated Ray’s trust by reading his email, but things had been so tense lately that she didn’t know what else to do. She closed the computer and headed for the door. She then heard Ray’s voice and instantly panicked.

         

“Hey mom, sorry I was out so long.”

        

“No worries dear. Dinner will be ready shortly.”

         

“Okay mom. I am just going to go upstairs and change.” When Katie heard that she started to freak out. She realized that she was in Ray’s room and she really had no reason to be in there.

         

Suddenly the door opened and she saw Ray standing in front of her.

        

“Katie? What are you doing in here?” Katie wasn’t sure what to say. She knew that she was caught in a very compromising position and their relationship was in no way ready to handle the potential of another woman. Katie decided that for now things needed to mend and if need be they would address the issue later.

         

“Waiting for you, of course!” She pulled him in the door and kissed him on the lips. She could tell there was still tension between them, but she did her best to ease it little by little.

         

“I thought you were mad at me?” Ray looked at her puzzled. He couldn’t understand the sudden mood change.

         

“I feel terrible about what happened. I guess my hormones are starting to go crazy and I don’t know what I’m feeling. Do you forgive me?” She gave him her biggest puppy dog eyes. She knew how to get to him and she knew that within seconds all would be forgiven.

          

“Of course I forgive you. You know I always will.” Ray pulled her into his arms and she felt like for once, all was right with the world. “I love you so much. I am sorry that today didn’t go according to plan.”

          

Katie remembered what she saw on his laptop and figured that he was right; nothing today had gone according to plan. However, she wanted to forget about it all and if need be make him forget about this other girl. “Ray, I love you so much,” she said before kissing him deeply.

          

Ray felt himself melt into the kiss and before he knew it, he could feel the back of his knees hit the bed. He let himself go and let himself enjoy the moment. They hadn’t felt this close since they found out about the baby. It was as if the baby was a barrier between Ray and Katie and they just couldn’t seem to get past it, but Ray was having no problems doing that at the moment.

          

Katie pulled Ray’s shirt off in one swift motion doing her best to not break the kiss. Ray pulled her under him and started to go through the same motion. Katie could feel her skin tingle underneath his touch. It felt almost like the first time.

         

Ray looked at Katie and took in her beauty. He couldn’t believe how lucky he was to be with someone as beautiful and amazing as Katie. He picked her up and placed her higher up on the bed so that their heads were on his pillow. One by one different articles clothing started to peel off.

         

“Ray, your mom is downstairs,” Katie said with a giggle. Katie knew that hadn’t always been a factor in the past and she didn’t see why it would be a factor now.

         

“I don’t care. I need to be with you.” Ray looked deep into her eyes and peered into her very soul. Then they heard a voice call from downstairs.

         

“Katie! Ray! Dinner is ready!” Ray groaned because he was at a point where stopping was a painful and uncomfortable option.

         

“Isn’t that my luck,” said Ray. He fell next to Katie and grabbed her hand. “We better head down there or she will come up here…and I definitely don’t want her doing that.” Katie giggled and went to put her clothes back on.

        

  Katie decided that she needed to ask Ray about the email. It was bugging her to no end and she hated feeling like he was hiding something from her. “Ray, can I ask you something?” Katie looked over at Ray who had just put his t-shirt back on.

         

“Of course, you can ask me anything.” He stood up and adjusted himself in a more comfortable position.

          

“Where were you this afternoon? I mean after the fight we had in the park, where did you go to?” Ray looked at Katie and simply sighed. He didn’t want to lie to her, but at the same time he didn’t know if he wanted her to know the truth.

         

“I went to a party with some friends. It wasn’t anything major, just some people hanging out and stuff. I needed to let off some steam.” Ray raked his hand through his hair and looked at Katie hoping to get some sort of acknowledgement that she was okay with it.

         

Katie decided that she had been worried over nothing. Sarah must have just been some girl that had nothing better to do then flirt with other girl’s men. “Oh well that sounds like it was a good idea. Are you feeling better?” She got up and walked towards him placing her arms around his neck. He placed his arms around her hips and pulled her close to him.

         

“It would have been better if you were there. I am just glad that everything is good between us. I hate when we fight.” Ray nuzzled Katie’s neck. They heard Ray’s mom call for them again and decided they better go back downstairs.

         
As they walked downstairs, Ray felt his phone go off in his pocket and stopped to check it. It was a text from Adam. “Hey dude. About earlier, I think there are some things I need to tell you…meet me tonight at my house.” Ray wasn’t sure what it meant, but he had a hunch it had to do with Katie. He walked into the kitchen and saw here standing there and thought that there couldn’t be anything Adam would say that would change how he saw her. She was perfect in his eyes and nothing would ever change that, would it? 


© 2014 Toni-Lynn Benoit


Author's Note

Toni-Lynn Benoit
I am SOO sorry for taking so long to update! Been having major writers block, but a fight with my boyfriend did the trick lol hope you guys enjoy this next chapter :) Please feel free to let me know what you guys think about it and any suggestions for future chapters!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

here is my thought as i read this. You have the story line set - and you want to bring in your reader. As you go back to rewrite this I would look carefully at things like this:

She knew how to get to him and she knew that within seconds all would be forgiven.

He couldn’t believe how lucky he was to be with someone as beautiful and amazing as Katie.

What I would do is - pull back your "voice" in this piece - by eliminating lines like this. Show us that he thinks he is lucky, don't tell us. What this does when you tell us is break the reader out of the moment. Its fine in a rough draft to include lines like this because they keep you the writer on path but for the reader - it breaks the mood of the story. Especially the first example. She's giving him big eyes and laying out all her sexual charm on the guy - of course she knows how to get to him. Youre showing this to us by her actions so the extra sentence isn't necessary. One way to find these is read this out loud and you'll hear these sentences.
Never be afraid to go back and edit your work -that's part of the writing game too and it can be enjoyable - its like polishing something precious to a high gloss.
Keep writing.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 13, 2014
Last Updated on May 13, 2014
Tags: teen pregnancy, a future unknown, read, for everyone, review, young author, romance, love


Author

Toni-Lynn Benoit
Toni-Lynn Benoit

Dededo, Guam



About
I am 19 and I live on Guam. I love to dance, sing, act, and write stories! more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Toni-Lynn Benoit