Night Two (Jake + Tabitha)

Night Two (Jake + Tabitha)

A Chapter by Pascal Slick
"

Jake, Tabitha, wake up.

"

Jake and Tabitha awoke in a purple and blue bed respectively. Mr. Slick popped by long enough to give the incredibly helpful advice: Escape.

Jake looked at Tabitha and sighed, “All right, can we just be civil? The faster we get out of here, the faster I’m out of your hair, yeah?”

“Yeah…” Tabitha paused. “Sure. Let’s go.”

Jake nodded and looked around the room. Seeing no obvious way of escape, he created his own exit point. Intending to create a simple door, he blew a huge hole in the wall. Tabitha glared at him as he held his hands to his chest apologetically. Tabitha rolled her eyes as she walked through the hole. Jake almost ran into her as he followed. She was frozen, staring at something. Jake looked in the direction in which her gaze was locked. Standing there was the monster he had spawned the night before.

“Oh, Jakey!” it called. “Did you miss me?”

Jake could not move.

“Jake, who is that?” Tabitha demanded.

“Sorry, love. He won’t be answering for a while.”

“What did you do to him?”

“Ha! Playing like you care? Don’t worry, Tabitha, I won’t waste your time talking about this loser, buuut…” -- the being teleported in front of Tabitha -- “I do think I’ll be taking you with me.”

The abomination grabbed Tabitha by the shoulder and threw her across the room, later appearing in the right spot to catch her.

“Jakey, I’ll take this one, ‘kay?”

“Jake! Help me!”

“Poor boy. He really does care about you, you know? He doesn’t really like you, but he doesn’t want to see you get hurt. He definitely doesn’t want to see me hurt anybody. Unfortunately for you, however, he’s a bit petrified at the moment, arentcha’, honey?”

Jake stood petrified.

The monstrosity smirked as it dragged Tabitha away. Then it found itself and its captive floating towards the ceiling. It glared back at Jake who remained motionless. Space contorted around the beast and Tabitha, driving the two apart. The latter fell back to the floor and stared at Jake.

“But you can’t affect me, Jakey,” the thing growled.

“I removed gravity from a bubble around you,” Jake mumbled.

“Cute move.” It fell back to the ground. “But I can do the magic too.”

“Arnoth Iqtu.”

“What was that? Why’d you say that?”

“You know why. You remember the Biomass, right?”

“Right! I forgot you are totally nuts! Jakey, that creature isn’t real. It can’t help you.”

“That’s true, but there’s one thing you’re missing.”

“What?”

All eyes were on Jake who looked no more comfortable than when he entered.

“He’s just as real as you are.”

A hand shot out from the ground and grabbed the monster’s ankle. It looked at the ground in horror as another hand grabbed its other leg. The giant creature began pulling the smaller down, spawning new hands to grab and pull. The witch descended into the floor, screaming and cursing at “Jakey.”

“What happened to her?” Tabitha gasped when it was all over.

"The monster devoured it. By the way, never say his name unless you want to suffer that same fate.”

“Why didn’t he eat you?”

“Everything in my mind hates that witch. He knew that was what I wanted him to do, and he wanted to do it too.”

“Why do you hate her so much?”

“How do you figure we get out of here?”

Tabitha gave Jake a look that might be mistaken for care and sighed. “Can you do your magic through the roof, maybe?”

“Probably. Surely we were put together for a reason, though. What’s your Power?”

“Empathybending. I think it has something to do with bending emotions. Doesn’t seem very useful for this.”

“Huh. That is odd. Well, here goes…”

Jake put his hand forward and raised a set of awkward stairs towards the ceiling and blew a hole through it. He and Tabitha climbed the stairs and clambered onto the roof. Before them was an immense void. It struck Tabitha and Jake speechless. After several minutes staring into the Void, they looked around themselves and saw the rest of their game team on top of buildings like their own. They waved awkwardly.

End Night Two (Jake + Tabitha)



© 2017 Pascal Slick


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

72 Views
Added on June 19, 2017
Last Updated on June 19, 2017
Tags: sci-fi, video games


Author

Pascal Slick
Pascal Slick

About
Hair. Eyes. Nose. Mouth. Face. Body. Maybe. Probably. Yeah. Let's go with that. Being in school, I often have trouble posting regularly currently, but I am trying. more..

Writing
Day One Day One

A Chapter by Pascal Slick