Day Six (Constantina)

Day Six (Constantina)

A Chapter by Pascal Slick
"

Constantina, look for Essences.

"

Constantina bade farewell to the rest of the group and entered the forest in search of a fallen tree and some Essences. What she found, however, was something much more insightful and much less welcome. She approached an Alien who seemed to have been waiting for her. It had several small scars all over its body and triangular tendril pads which, as you all know, but Constantina yet does not understand; means this Alien is female.

“Hey, sir or miss… whichever. Have you--"

“It is Qritzer to you, Flesh,” the Alien interrupted with her abrupt yet distinctly feminine voice, “and you will not find the tree for which you are searching.”

“How did you--"

“My Power is Voidwielding. I can look into the Void at will and perceive its secrets.”

“OK… so is this the part where I go home?”

The Alien chuckled. “Sit a spell, Child. My name is Mekris and I am here to teach you some difficult truth.”

“Great.” CH sighed and rolled her eyes.

“Shush! Now listen, I know about your… issue.”

“Yo! That is--”

“Shush! You know you’re out of control, right? I mean, your Power is controlled by your emotions, and you have no power over them, right? Face it, you’re going to hurt someone. You should really just head away. You are a danger to those you love.”

“You lie! I’d never…” CH looked down at her feet.

“Are you thinking about the time you nearly killed your friends? That was just yesterday, right? And I can see the Void. It is beyond time, Constantina, and I see what you will do. I see you hurting Frank, striking him with lightning!”

“No!”

“The Void cannot lie, Child. You will not be found if you run that way.” Mekris pointed towards an open field. “Run.”

The tears CH had been holding back began to flow. She turned towards the field and took off running. The Alien flashed an evil smirk and made its way back towards the city.



© 2017 Pascal Slick


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

67 Views
Added on November 2, 2017
Last Updated on November 2, 2017
Tags: sci-fi, video games


Author

Pascal Slick
Pascal Slick

About
Hair. Eyes. Nose. Mouth. Face. Body. Maybe. Probably. Yeah. Let's go with that. Being in school, I often have trouble posting regularly currently, but I am trying. more..

Writing
Day One Day One

A Chapter by Pascal Slick