Night Three

Night Three

A Chapter by Pascal Slick
"

...

"

The kids all slept soundly through the night. They would need the rest. Most of them shared a dream. They saw a massive, grotesque being, the very presence of which sparked a churning in their hearts. They could not remember the details upon waking, but rest assured that it was very much the ugly. What they did remember clearly was that one of its claws (huh… I guess it had claws) was covered in a purple substance that they all recognized as blood. They could not see anyone else except a single being like the one they had seen the previous night in the Void. It was black and gave off a green energy as purple blood dripped from its joints, and green lightning flashed all over the dreamscape. Jake, however, did not see this other figure, just the massive beast. And you know how dreams sometimes invoke weird emotions without giving you a proper reason? Well, that’s what happened to Jake. He felt some odd sadness deep in his heart, but it was largely masked by an overwhelming hatred. As much as the rest were repulsed the monster, he felt naught but burning rage towards it. Then they awoke. Gary did not have this dream, but he did feel deeply troubled. He felt like a deep friend was in turmoil, but also that slight comfort that came from having done all he could do. Frank also had a different experience: He relived the most notable moments of his life. He felt cold… very cold. Then, as he trudged through his past, he remembered what put him to sleep: He’d been shot!

No! He felt his body grow colder and heavier. I can’t die  here! It’s… it’s only the beginning! Something big’s going on here, and I can’t… I can’t just… Frank began to cry. Constantina…

The children all awoke with a jolt. All except for Frank, of course, who lie in his bed, breathing laboriously, still asleep.

End Night Three



© 2017 Pascal Slick


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

59 Views
Added on August 9, 2017
Last Updated on August 9, 2017
Tags: sci-fi, video games


Author

Pascal Slick
Pascal Slick

About
Hair. Eyes. Nose. Mouth. Face. Body. Maybe. Probably. Yeah. Let's go with that. Being in school, I often have trouble posting regularly currently, but I am trying. more..

Writing
Day One Day One

A Chapter by Pascal Slick