Murder on 21st Street

Murder on 21st Street

A Chapter by Angie Diane♥♥
"

It is a whodunit mystery.

"

"Marsha, are you home? It's Karen!"

There was no response from the other side of the door. Marsha's friend hadn't seen her in two days because she hasn't been in class for a couple of days. She knocked on the door, but, still didn't receive an answer from the opposite side.

She tried to open the door and she noticed that it was unlocked. Her best friend was never that careless. When she entered the home she was horrified with what she found. She saw her friend lying on the floor faced down and she was covered in blood. She looked at her body more closely. She saw that Marsha had stab wounds on her. She flipped her friend over and saw that there were more stab wounds on her neck and stomach. Marsha's shirt had been torn and a sign was carved into her stomach. The sign was a satanic star.

The girl ran out of the house as soon as she could. She felt sick to her stomach. She knew that she was going to have to contact the police as soon as possible. Karen wanted justice for Marsha!

"I found my friend, Marsha Keller, dead in her apartment. She has stab wounds on her back and her stomach. A satanic star was also carved into her stomach," Karen said as calmly as she could while on the phone with a police officer. The police arrived after ten minutes with one detective. They put crime scene tape around the apartment. They rushed the friend out of the house and took her down town to question her.

"When was the last time you saw your friend?"

"I saw her two days ago in class, Detective Brown," said her friend, Karen, trying to remain calm. Karen was really nervous. She rubbed her hands on her pants.

"Miss. Pepper, who was the last person Marsha was with," asked the Detective.

"She was with her boyfriend the last time I saw her. They were leaving the school together," she responded.

"Do you have any idea if she had any enemies," asked Detective Brown.

"I don't believe so, sir," she responded. After a couple of more questions Detective Brown let her leave the building because they doubted that she was a suspect. She was the victim's best friend after all.

The detective sighed and he knew that this was going to be a long case because he didn't know if she had any enemies. He also needed to get in touch with his victim's family to tell them the terrible news.

Detective Brown decided that he was going to tell the family in person. He drove over to the house of the victim. He walked up to the door slowly; thinking to himself. He knocked on the door and a man who looked the age of about forty-five answered.

"How may I help you, sir?"

"I am Detective Brown. May I come in? I have some bad news to tell you," Detective Brown said to Mr. Keller. Mr. Keller let the detective in and asked if his wife was home. Mr. Keller went to get his wife. She had a scared look on her face.

"I am sorry, but I have some very unfortunate news for the two of you. Your daughter, Marsha, was found dead in her apartment," he said. Mrs. Keller broke down into tears and Mr. Keller looked at the detective in shock.

"Do you know who did it," Mr. Keller asked still in shock.

"Not yet, but we will find out who did. The last person she was seen with was her boyfriend. We need to question him and we need to ask you guys some questions if you would like to come down to the station with me."

Detective Brown led them to his car, drove them over to the station, and questioned them.

"Did she have any enemies that you know of?"

"No, none that I know of," her mother answered very quietly.

"Alright, we heard that she was last seen with her boyfriend. What is his name," Detective Brown asked.

"His name is Johnny Dolling," answered Mr. Keller.

"We will need to speak to him right away. We will call you if you have any more questions and we find any evidence," Detective Brown said.

Within two hours they found Johnny Dolling. He was hanging out with his friends at a local bar. He had not heard the news of his girlfriend's murder.

"Mr. Dolling," Detective Brown asked approaching the young man.

"Who are you," Johnny asked in a very cold voice. He didn't seem to have any expression written on his face. Johnny’s eyes were colder than Detective Brown could imagine. Detective Brown was a bit nervous around Johnny. He responded that his name was Detective Brown and that he was a detective from the police station. He has said that he had a question for Johnny. Johnny nodded and awaited his question.

"Were you informed that Marsha has been found dead in her apartment," Detective Brown asked Johnny since he had been the last one with her.

"No, but now I do," he said. Johnny’s expression didn’t change. He seemed to be the type that didn't care. He also seemed to be uninterested in what Detective Brown was saying.

"Do you even care that she is dead," Mr. Brown asked with suspension in his tone.

"Not really she was a horrible girlfriend anyway. I am glad that the little broad is dead," Johnny said in a serious tone.

"Did you kill her, Johnny?"

"No, I didn't kill her," he snapped.

Detective Brown could tell that he was lying, but he didn't say anything because he had to get proof before he made an arrest. He was going to follow Johnny for a few days to see where he was going. If he goes anywhere suspicious Detective Brown would make an arrest. He didn't do anything suspicious for the days he was being followed.

Two days later Johnny was walking around town. Johnny went into “Wal-Mart” with his buddy, Kevin. They were having a conversation that would shock the nation. No one would even begin to believe what they were talking about.

"Johnny, why did you lie to that detective, man?"

"I couldn't tell him the truth because he wouldn't understand," Johnny responded with a sad look upon his face.

"Johnny, you lied though. You could have just told him the truth. She did attack you, didn't she," asked his friend.

"Yes, she did, but no one would believe me. No one ever believes me. They all think I lie when I never really do," Johnny responded.

"You need to go turn yourself in. If you don't then you will get more time for perjury," Kevin responded. Johnny sighed and went to smoke a cigarette. He made the decision to come clean to the police. He needed to tell them the truth.

"I will go to the police station and tell them what happened that night," Johnny decided and left the store and went down to the station where Detective Brown was working that night. Johnny knocked on the door to Detective Brown's office. Detective Brown was shocked to see that Johnny was in the station. Detective Brown took one look at Johnny and let him into the office. Johnny had a completely different expression written on his face from the last time Detective Brown saw him. Johnny had a look that was softer than before, but also he had a pained expression written on his face.

"What is it, Johnny," Detective Brown asked him in a soft voice because he saw the look on Johnny's face had softened.

"I want to confess to you what happened the night of Marsha's murder," Johnny responded. Detective Brown had a shocked look on his face and let Johnny speak at what he was wanted to say. Johnny needed to get everything off his chest.

"Marsha, I want to talk to you about something," Johnny called.

"What do you want? Didn't you already do enough damage?"

"I didn't get to tell you the whole story. I was trying to tell you before you flipped out on me and walked away," Johnny said.

"I didn't want to hear it. You shouldn't have been lying to me at all. I trusted you, Johnny, but you betrayed me and I don't want to deal with it. Would you please leave me alone because I do not want to deal with this right now," Marsha responded sadly.

"I really just need to talk to you about this now," Johnny said softer than before because he just wanted to explain what happened.

"No, just leave," she said. He walked out of the house with a sad look on his face. He walked around for an hour because he wanted to let Marsha to calm down. Then he would be able to explain what he wanted to for a while. He wanted to explain why he came to her house late that day. He did smell like perfume, but it was his Mom's. She thought it was another girl's, but in reality he was having dinner with his Mom.

He walked back into the house again and Marsha looked at him with cold eyes.

"What are you doing back here? I told you I didn't want to talk about it. I know you are lying to me. You always lie to me," Marsha said angrily.

"I don't lie to you at all," Johnny responded.

"You always lie," she repeated. She got up with a knife in her hand and tried to attack him with the knife. He tried to move out of the way, but she stabbed him anyway. He tackled her to the ground and tried to get the knife. He ended up getting really angry and he stabbed her back. He kept stabbing her until he was satisfied with himself. He then realized what he had done and left.

She was lying on the ground bleeding to death. That was when he knew she was going to die.

"That is why I killed her. I don't care if I am jailed. I just wanted to get to this off my chest," Johnny said.

"You will be going to jail. I am sorry son," Detective Brown responded. They went on trial two weeks later and he was sentenced to life in prison with no chance for parole since he lied to the police. He will sit in jail for the rest of his life. Mr. Keller went to the jail to see her daughter's killer.

"Why did you kill her," he asked.

"I'm sorry, sir. I really am, but it was because she was trying to kill me. She was angry at me because she thought I was with another girl. I was with my Mom because it was her anniversary and my father died a few years ago," Johnny responded.

"I always respected you because you were so kind to my daughter. I never thought that you would be the one to kill her. I always thought you were a good kid. I really liked you, but you betrayed me when you killed my daughter. I'm sorry to say this, but I hope you rot in jail just like every murderer in the world," her father said. Johnny just looked down because he was ashamed of what he has done. He would never be able to look into the eyes of his girlfriend's father or even his own mother. When his mother came to visit her eyes were searching his. Her eyes were colder than they had ever been before. He felt his who world came crashing down when he saw that look in his mother's eyes.

Mr. Keller left the room and he left Johnny to his thoughts. That would be the last person Johnny ever sees because he hangs himself while he was in jail. He died at the age of twenty-three.



© 2015 Angie Diane♥♥


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

very interesting i love murder storys

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

348 Views
1 Review
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 16, 2010
Last Updated on February 25, 2015


Author

Angie Diane♥♥
Angie Diane♥♥

Not like you need to know..., NJ



About
Name: Angie Diane Age: 22 Birthday: You can guess. -.- I don't feel like telling anyone... Add me on facebook if you want... https://www.facebook.com/BlackedHearted Also just let me know that.. more..

Writing