Miracles

Miracles

A Chapter by Angie Diane♥♥

                “Come on, don’t give up on me now,” he thought. He was sitting in a room with all while walls and all he heard was the beeping of the machine. His wife of two years is lying in the bed. She had bruises and lacerations on her face. Her whole body was covered in lacerations and bruises, but the one’s on her face were the only ones that were visible at the moment. The heart monitor was starting to flat line.

-Few Hours Earlier-

                “Laura, close up, would you?” Her boss said before walking out the door. Laura was sitting at her desk preparing to leave. She didn’t mind closing up. She normally did on Fridays anyway.

                “Of course, Mrs. Walling,” she said. Her boss smiled at her. She needed to get home early that night because she had to get ready to cook dinner for her husband. It was their anniversary and she wanted it to be special.

                “Thank you so much, Laura.”

                Her boss left and Laura sighed. She couldn’t wait to get home to see her husband. They weren’t married as long as her boss and her husband, but she was on staying with her husband, Paul, for a very long time.

                She took her cell phone out to dial Paul’s number. She needed to tell him that she was going to be late because she had to go see her sister today. Her sister is pregnant and she didn’t know what to do. She was eighteen years old and she couldn’t tell her mother.

                “Paul, I’m sorry, but I will be coming home late tonight. I wanted to let you know that,” Laura said. You could feel the frown that was on her face.

                “Alright, I’ll see you at home honey. Are you seeing your sister?”

                “Yes, she needs help and I’m the only one who can help her at the moment.”

                “Alright, I have to go anyway, I’m still at work and my boss is giving me dirty looks. I need to go,” Paul said. He hung up quickly because he didn’t want to get yelled at by his boss. Laura smiled because he always understood when it came to family matters.

                She locked up the building and closed the door behind her. She was walking over to her car so she could quickly get over to her sister’s house. She wanted to get home early enough because she wanted to cook dinner for Paul. She hadn’t cooked for him in a long time. She had been really busy at work lately. For the last few weeks she had to work over time.

                She was in her car driving to her sister’s house. Her sister was always excited to see her because she was younger than her. When they were growing up Laura didn’t like having a sister. Laura didn’t like that because her younger sister would always copy her example.

                “You’re little sister will always follow in your footsteps. She is looking up to you and she wants to be like you, but eventually she will find her own way.” That was something her mother had always said to her when she was a teenager. Her sister wasn’t following in her footsteps anymore. Her sister even got pregnant before she did.

                It took her five minutes to get to her parent’s house. Her sister didn’t move out just yet because she was still in high school. She wasn’t all that excited to see her little sister because she was going to get into more drama. Every time she went over to her parent’s house there was always something dramatic happening.

                She knocked on the door and her little sister answered the door. She was shaking like a leaf and she looked scared. Her hair was a mess and her eyes were also red. Laura could tell she had been crying. Her mother wasn’t home yet because she would work late on Fridays. Her father was also working, but he normally would work at night anyway. He would sleep everything off during the day time.

                “Maya, it’s alright. You don’t have to worry. Mom won’t freak out on you. I know she won’t. I will be here when you tell her, honey.” She said while she brushed her little sister’s hair back. She was hugging her as well.

                “I don’t think mom will be too happy about this. I don’t know what to do. I don’t know if I should keep the baby or if I should give it up. I’m not ready to be a mother. Should I go through with the pregnancy? What should I do?” Maya said getting all crazy because she had a decision to make. It was a hard decision for her.

                “Maya, you know what I feel about abortions. It’s your decision, but you know that abortion is wrong. Its murder no matter how you look at it. I don’t care what the Constitution has to say about it. I mean know women have a choice. When it comes to rape I think they should be able to choose. On the other hand if the condom breaks they should accept the responsibility for their own actions. Don’t take an innocent person’s life away. They hadn’t had the chance to be born into the world yet.” Laura said a little heated. She hated when people talked about having an abortion. It was a terrible issue to her and she couldn’t stand hearing about it. She believed that babies have the right to be born into the world. That is a controversial issue as well though.

                “I won’t give up the baby. I promise…but please help me.”

                “Help you make a decision?”

                “Please, tell me what I should do.”

                “I think you should keep the baby and then tell Mom you are pregnant,” Laura said sighing because she knew how her mom could be. She didn’t think her mother would act terribly to this. She knew her father would be more again his youngest daughter bringing an infant into the world.

“I have an idea.” Maya said brightening up. A smile was dancing on her lips and her eyes were lighting up as well as her eyes.

                “What is your idea?”

                “I think you should raise my baby when I give birth to it. I could still see the baby when I come to visit you. I think it’s a brilliant idea.”

                “I’m sorry, but I can’t raise your baby. I can’t take in someone else’s child when I know the baby isn’t mine. It’s my niece or nephew. I don’t think I would be able to handle it. I need to have my own baby.”

                Maya’s smile faded from her face. She didn’t think her sister would say no to that. After that moment there was brief silence in the room. That was until Laura said something.

                “I have to go in an hour. I want to be home before Paul gets home from work. I want to cook dinner for him. I haven’t cooked dinner for him in months. I’ve been working over time, Maya.”

                She was planning more than just cooking dinner. She was going to make up her hair. Put on a sexy outfit to put him in the mood. She wanted to get intimate that night. Laura and Paul wanted to start a family already.

                “You can leave now if you want. I’ll tell mom and then call you with her reaction. I will see you later, Laura.” Maya said that while hugging her sister goodbye. Laura kissed her cheek and walked out the door.

                She got back into her car and was on her way home. She was getting tired, but she was going to remain awake for the remainder of the drive. Before she knew it she saw the headlights of an oncoming car. She tried to move out of the driver’s way, but it was too late. The cars collided and Laura was knocked unconscious.

                Cars that were behind her stopped and one of the other drivers got out of the car. She was on her cell phone calling 9-1-1. She went over to the other car driver. She could see that there was a drink in his hands. He looked like he was drunk. He was unconscious as well, but they didn’t know if he was alive.

                When the ambulance arrived Laura was breathing heavily. They didn’t know where from yet, but they could see minor lacerations on her face. When they put her in the ambulance they found the source of the bleeding. It was her head that was bleeding. It was bleeding rapidly and they needed to fix her up.

-Hospital-

                The heart monitor was flat lining. Paul was in a panic. He called the nurse’s to come in. The doctors’ jump started her heart, but there was no use. She wasn’t coming back. She was dying and they could stop her from dying.

                “I’m sorry. We have done all we could to help save her life. Her heart just won’t restart.” One of the doctors said giving Paul condolences.

                “Please, Laura, don’t give up on me. I love you so much, darling. You are the light that got rid of my darkness. You are the key that unlocked my heart. I don’t want to lose you. I don’t want you to abandon me. Please Laura, live through this.” Paul placed a kiss on her dying lips. Suddenly a miracle happened. The EKG showed her heart was beating again.

                Laura opened her eyes and smiled a weak smile up to Paul. She was a live and the doctors were dumbfounded when they found out.

-Two years later-

                “Nick, come to mommy, sweetheart,” said to her one and a half year old son. He was smiling brightly. He ran over to his mother and kissed her on the lips. “That’s my good boy.”

                Paul walked into the room with an anniversary gift. It was their fourth year anniversary. He had bought her a nice beautiful diamond ring. It shined brightly when the box was opened.

                “Happy anniversary, baby,” he said kissing her. She kissed back and was happy to still be alive.



© 2011 Angie Diane♥♥


Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

271 Views
Added on March 25, 2011
Last Updated on March 25, 2011


Author

Angie Diane♥♥
Angie Diane♥♥

Not like you need to know..., NJ



About
Name: Angie Diane Age: 22 Birthday: You can guess. -.- I don't feel like telling anyone... Add me on facebook if you want... https://www.facebook.com/BlackedHearted Also just let me know that.. more..

Writing