Picked On

Picked On

A Chapter by Angie Diane♥♥
"

I wrote this because I was thinking of bullies...and how much I hate them...

"

                I could feel their eyes on the back of my head. I didn’t dare turn around to see who was staring at me.  I knew who it was and I couldn’t stand the person that was staring at me. I looked down at my books. I could feel tension coming from the back of the room. When the bell rang I slowly got up from my seat. The kids that were staring at me shot me a glare.

                I walked out of the classroom before I could round the corner I was slammed into a locker. It was by one of the guys in my class. His name was Darren. He was a big shot around this school. He always messed with every girl in the school. No matter how old or young they were. If you didn’t do anything with him he would pick on you for the rest of your life. I tried to avoid him after school, but that couldn’t always happen.

                “If it isn’t little Miss. Perfect herself,” he laughed to himself. I just stood there with a blank expression on my face. I didn’t want to be bothered with him today. He bothered me every day and he would snicker at me every time he saw me.

                “What do you want, Darren,” I asked him with disgust. He spit in my face and I wiped the spit from my face. He still had me pinned into the locker, but he didn’t have my hands pinned. I raised my hands up and I smacked him in the face. He looked at me with a look of astonishment. I never had hit him before in my life. He let go of me to hold his face which I could tell ached from where I smacked him. I know I smacked him with a force that I normally wouldn’t strike someone with. I didn’t like him and I wanted him to let go.

                Before he recovered I made a run down the hallway, but before I could make it safely out the door I was tripped. The person who tripped me started laughing. I turned around to see who tripped me. I saw that it was Clarissa Dripping. She was the meanest girl in my grade. I glared at her and she just laughed at me more. I got up before Darren could catch up with me.

                “Where you going,” Clarissa called after me.  I ignored her because she wasn’t worth anything to me.  She was just another girl from my class. She was one of the people that stare at me every day. I rushed home before anyone else could see me. I had been picked on every day since the summer time. I have been tortured, bruised, and battered.

                I don’t have any close friends in the school. I go through this all by myself. The pain was unbearable, but no one was on my side. I didn’t think that anyone ever would since almost everyone in my grade has messed around with Darren. Even my old friend, Tiffany, did things with him. She stopped talking to me after that. Every now and again she will stare at me with an apologetic look in her eyes. I would only return it with a glare. She would wince with a pain in her chest which would make me feel horrible.  

                I just ran home as fast as I could with memories of my best friend floating into my mind. I felt tears about to pour out of my eyes. I hated crying in front of people, but a lot of people lately have seen me cry. I think it was because no one would talk to me anymore. Everyone has turned against me all because I wanted to be a good person. I didn’t want to be with someone that I knew was a jerk.

                By the time I got home from school my eyes were red from the tears that I had cried. I knew that no one, but my older brother was home. Hopefully he would ignore me like he does in school. He hates being the sister of someone who is being picked on. He avoids me in school even when I’m in pain. He doesn’t even look at me. I know my older brother hates me, but it doesn’t affect me that much.

                “Hello, little sister,” my older brother, Kevin said.

                “Hi,” I said quietly biting my lip. I wasn’t used to him talking to me. I knew that everything he was going to probably say to me was what I deserved for being such a loser. My brother was the popular one while I was the loser. I had to suffer through everything in life.

                “You know little sister. You have the worst reputation in school. I really hate you for it, but I love you at the same time. You are still my sister and well sometimes I stick up for you. I really wish that you weren’t a s…” I punched him in the face because I knew what he was about to say. He knew I didn’t like that word and he knew I was nothing like that…though he said it anyway. I could see red running down his nose. He winced in pain a little bit, but he just gave me a shocked look.

                “I really hate when you call me that. I hate you, Kevin. I really do,” I said. I could see hurt flashing in his eyes. I have never snapped on Kevin before, but he knew. He crossed the line. He knew he shouldn’t have called me anything. I knew I was going to get the worst half of it though. My parents loved Kevin over me as well.

                “You know I can tell Mom and Dad you broke my nose. You will be grounded for eternity. I will laugh at you the whole time you are getting yelled at,” Kevin said still with the hurt look on his face. There was no pain there. It looked like only hurt from when I told him I hated him just now.

                “Whatever, Kevin, I don’t care if you tell Mom or Dad anything. I know you will tell them I punched you in the face. I know I’m going to get in trouble, but I will continue to hate you. For calling me everything that everyone else calls me in school. It’s not like I’m some easy girl that is quick bait for someone like Darren. You and the whole school can make fun of me all the time. I will just take everything you guys throw at me and I won’t care what happens to me. You all can be jerks and whatever you want. If you cross the line with me I will fight back. You know I will and you have always known that,” I said. Kevin just looked at me and I didn’t know what was about to do to me. He just smiled evilly at me. I knew he was going to tell my whole grade to pick on me. He could always get them to do whatever he wanted because he was older than them. The other kids wanted to be popular to him or to Darren because they were the two cutest boys in the school.

                My older brother had girls fawning all over him all the time. I couldn’t stand to see them all over him like that. It was disgusting then again he was my brother, but I didn’t care about him. The only reason was because he didn’t care about me. He was the one that told Darren to go after me. He was the one that told him that I was easy and would give it away easily. My brother started that rumor about me. I couldn’t believe it when I found out.

                I ran upstairs so I could end the conversation with my brother. I couldn’t stand the way he had talked to me. He was always like that. My parents never believed that he was like that. My parents always believed what my brother said. They even told me that I was a waste of their time and they didn’t want to have anything to do with me, but I didn’t care what they had to say. I knew that it wasn’t true, but they would say that anyway. My brother wasn’t headed for anything, but I knew what I wanted to do with my life.

                As I lay on my bed I started thinking about the beginning of the year. I had been slammed into lockers so many times that I couldn’t even count anymore. I fell asleep within a few minutes of lying on my bed. I know I dozed off because I was being shaken awake by my mother. She came in with anger written on her face.

                “Why did you punch your brother,” she asked me angrily. I didn’t answer because it was hard to look at my mother when she was angry.  I knew he was going to tell on me. I knew my brother wasn’t ever going to be on my side. He wanted me to get hurt.

                “It was because he was about to call me a…” I started. My mother stopped me when she hit me in the stomach. I winced in pain, but I didn’t do much about it. She was my mom and I couldn’t get mad at her.

                “I don’t care what he called you. Apologize to him,” she yelled at me. I didn’t move I wasn’t going to apologize to him. I decided that I was going to run out the house. I couldn’t take this anymore. I ran far away so that no one could ever find me again.

                I ran so far that my legs gave from underneath me. I was free from their abuse. I was free from being picked on. I was so happy.



© 2011 Angie Diane♥♥


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

222 Views
Added on December 7, 2010
Last Updated on March 25, 2011


Author

Angie Diane♥♥
Angie Diane♥♥

Not like you need to know..., NJ



About
Name: Angie Diane Age: 22 Birthday: You can guess. -.- I don't feel like telling anyone... Add me on facebook if you want... https://www.facebook.com/BlackedHearted Also just let me know that.. more..

Writing