Let It Burn

Let It Burn

A Chapter by Angie Diane♥♥
"

Contest story. Hope you like.

"

              “I really just want my life to end,” I thought as I walked along the path. I couldn’t choose between life or death anymore. Too many bad things have happened, but also good things have happened as well. The good things included hanging out with Tommy and playing with my little eight year-old brother, Steve. He had the prettiest little face. Hanging out with my best friend, Cody also was another good thing that has happened lately. The bad times would be getting raped by my ex-boyfriend. Another bad thing that has been happening lately was my parents smacking me around in front of my brother.

                Well as you can see my life has a lot of ups and downs. I just found out today that Cody is going to be moving soon. He is going to move to California. His Mom has been tired of living in this area, but I can see why. There is so much crime and violence in our area. She can’t take it anymore. His Mom is like a Mom to me. She loves me as much as a mother should have.

                Well I have now decided that I want to die. I don’t think there is another option. I changed into a long white dress. It was very pretty. I was walking down a sand filled area because I lived near the desert. I hate living near here though. Like I said there is so much violence though there really shouldn’t be.

                As I walked along I remember a picture that I saw on the internet. It was a girl dressed in white and on her path way with fire coming from her. She was walking happily with the fire burning her. I thought about that picture for a minute and decided fire was the way that I was going to die. I left my black hair down. My hair was pretty wavy anyways and I had always loved my hair.

                I struck a match and walked down the same sand filled type area the lady was walking on. I watched as the fire started to burn little plants as I walked. They were on fire and there were a lot of them. I guess that was why the fire was spreading so fast.

                I could finally feel the fire on my back and it burned pretty bad. I didn’t care because my parents didn’t want me around. I know Cody and Steve did…but I wasn’t thinking about them. I was only thinking about myself.  I know that is selfish, but that is what I want.

                As I fell to the ground I could feel the fire spreading quickly…before I knew it I was breathing my final breath and thinking my final thoughts. I guess this is what I get for wanting my life to end. I am now dead and not too happy about my decision. I can see the tears in my little brother’s eyes as he misses me. Cody as well was not too happy to hear that I was dead, but they didn’t matter to me. When I saw my parents eyes they were cold, but they were red for a while. I guess that they had been crying…but I still don’t care…I do regret my choice, but I made it.



© 2011 Angie Diane♥♥


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like it but your too straight forward, shoving facts in peoples faces not just as genuine thoughts of the character.

Posted 13 Years Ago


O this was way diffrent than whatI expected iot to be, well the title anyways, it reminds me of an R&B song! lol! I kinda knew this was going to have a depressing ending when i read the first sentence. The rerally shows that we should think before we do things, the results could end up hrtin us forever and we could bnever take back what we did. Great write, It was really...something! Can't really found an adjective for it! lol! :P

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

217 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 8, 2010
Last Updated on March 25, 2011


Author

Angie Diane♥♥
Angie Diane♥♥

Not like you need to know..., NJ



About
Name: Angie Diane Age: 22 Birthday: You can guess. -.- I don't feel like telling anyone... Add me on facebook if you want... https://www.facebook.com/BlackedHearted Also just let me know that.. more..

Writing