Little Lost Angel

Little Lost Angel

A Chapter by Angie Diane♥♥
"

A sad story I thought about when I remembered the story of Shanda Sharer.

"

                “Have you seen this child,” a woman asked desperately to a passerby, but he ignored her because he didn’t see her or hear her. She ran after him to ask again, but she was being completed ignored again because he couldn’t hear her. The man was about six feet tall and he had a muscular build she noticed. She tapped his shoulder and he turned around and looked down.

                “Yes, Miss, what do you need,” he asked in the politest tone he could muster. She looked up at his face and she smiled.

                “Yes, have you seen this child,” she asked the guy again. He looked at the picture and saw a girl with curly brown hair. She had green eyes and she looked about four or five years of age. He looked at her sadly.

                “No, ma’am, I haven’t seen this child anywhere before,” he said with the same frown plastered on his face. The woman just walked away because she was searching for her little girl. She went up to the next person on the road, but it was the same as the first person she asked. She could feel tears starting to well up in her eyes. She wanted to find her little girl.

                A man almost walked into her because he wasn’t paying attention to her. She looked up at him with pleading eyes. He smiled down at her and wiped the tear that was on her cheek away. She thought that was a little strange because she didn’t know him.

                “Have you seen this child,” she asked her voice shaky because she was about to cry. He looked at the picture. He didn’t know what to say. He didn’t want to tell her that he hadn’t seen her child. He looked away apologetically.

                “No, I haven’t seen her I’m sorry,” he said. That was when she started to break down. She had no idea where her child was. She needed to find her little lost angel. She wanted to find her so she could hold her in her arms and cherish her forever. The man frowned and he tried to calm her down.

                “When was the last time you saw your child,” the man asked.

                “Two days ago. I contacted the police the night that she went missing, but they said I had to wait forty-eight hours before I could call a missing persons report,” she said.

                “What is your name, Miss,” the man asked her.

                “Kathy Gordon,” she responded.

                “Kathy, tell me if you find your child. She looks like she is a little angel,” said the man.

                “Excuse me, what is your name,” she asked him.

                “My name is Mike Down. I am one of the sheriffs in this town, but I have off today. Let me know if there is anything you need us to do, Ma’am. I hope you find your child,” he said and walked off down the road to his house. Kathy decided to go home because she didn’t want to be out in the darkness.

                She walked into her house and her husband was sitting at the table…with a look of pain on his face. He was missing his little girl. His little lost angel which he hadn’t seen in two days before she disappeared. He had that expression for a few days.

                “Hello, honey,” said Kathy.

                “Hi…did anyone see her,” he asked.

                “No, they did see her Nick,” Kathy responded with years spilling over. She couldn’t control them anymore. Her husband pulled her into his arms and he tried to comfort her. He was doing a good job for she calmed down.

                “I think we should try to sleep. The police will find her. I promise,” Nick said kissing his wife…with his own tears in his eyes. He didn’t want his wife to see him cry. He wanted to be the stronger person and he wanted to be able to hold his own. He knew he wanted to cry and so did Kathy but, she didn’t say anything. He followed her into the bedroom and they fell asleep together…both wondering how they were able to sleep.

                The next morning they were both watching the news. A few moments later they heard something that would change their lives forever.

                “The remains of a four or five year old girl were found last night. Little Kayleigh Gordon has been missing for two days. The police believe that the remains are little Kayleigh Gordon,” the news reporter on television said. Kathy dropped the plate she was holding on the floor. It crashed and the pieces hit her, but she didn’t care. She couldn’t believe what she just heard. Her knees buckled under heard as she fell to the ground. She fell onto the shards and she cut her knees. Her husband ran over to her. He held her as she cried.

                “No,” she wailed. Her husband couldn’t control his tears either. Then he heard a knock on his door. He saw that it was the sheriff.

                “I’m very sorry to tell you, but the body that was found was of your little girl. I’m sorry,” he said. Kayleigh’s parents started to break down. They were thinking of the moments with their little lost angel. The proud and joy they created….for years to come they would still cry on the day of her birth. She was the only child that Kathy could produce and they lost her. They lost their little angel.



© 2011 Angie Diane♥♥


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Eons ago, when I was younger and healthy, I part of the search and rescue posse, hunting for missing/lost children is the worst kind of task, the emotion in the air is more than palpable; it assaults your senses. Family is almost always at base, every time you come in to report and be assigned a new search area, the family grab at you and want to know what you found. If you find them quickly, it is not too bad. After 48 hours, in your heart, you know safety is unlikely and your heart breaks a little with every child. The othing that keeps you going is the exception cases. On the third search I ever did, a three year old boy had been kidnapped in a store by a stranger. Video cameras gave the police a name and face for the kidnapper and a vehicle and license #. 48 hours later, the police cornered him, he shot and killed himself, but no child, they figured out where his truck and been and we went into the mountain forest to search. After 36 hours of searching, that cold, scratched, dirty LIVING little boy was the most beautiful sight I have ever seen.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

467 Views
1 Review
Added on December 5, 2010
Last Updated on March 25, 2011


Author

Angie Diane♥♥
Angie Diane♥♥

Not like you need to know..., NJ



About
Name: Angie Diane Age: 22 Birthday: You can guess. -.- I don't feel like telling anyone... Add me on facebook if you want... https://www.facebook.com/BlackedHearted Also just let me know that.. more..

Writing