Chapter 2: A secret revealed

Chapter 2: A secret revealed

A Chapter by Sarah

 

Ethan pov:

“Oh.” Was I could say. Did I have a chance with this red headed beauty?

“So no confessions? Wow now I look like an idiot.” She got up to leave. I stood with her and leaned down carefully, watching her face as i came closer and closer until her eyes slid closed and she leaned towards me slightly. My lips brushed hers gently as I wrapped my arms around her, sending a small thrill through her body at the slight contact. And then I covered her mouth with mine slowly.

It was a tender kind of kiss, the sort of thing lovers exchanged all over the world everyday, but to them it was the most important kiss they had ever shared. It was a kiss that spoke volumes, a kiss that told what words could never express. It embodied what they meant to each other, the love that they shared. When they broke apart a moment later, they stared into each others' eyes and saw all of those things again.

“Does it seem like you’re an idiot now?”

“But..”She tried to fish for a defense.

“Oh shut up for a second. Jeez you’re the one whom captured my heart. You’re the one I'm living for your…” Her lips came crashing down on mine.

“Wait you said your living for me? Why?” Oh s**t, I may of let my tongue slip a bit.

“Uh...oh look class is about to be over soon and I need to get to culinary...uh...I'll see you at basketball.” I got up and left a very shocked Ginny. I saw her later in the day with Amos and he slapped her.

“Get the f**k away from her.” I stepped between the two.

“Oh so you’re the one she left me for.” He stood only an inch shorter than me and could easily flatten me to the ground with his wrestling background.

“What I told you we couldn’t be together family issues.” I turned to her while keeping him in my view.

“But I cant stand to be around him.” I gave way to a tormented face to show that I was torn on this.

“Hello I'm still here.”

“Well go away” I snapped back.

“Why you little...Have fun she’s useless b***h anyways.” My anger flared and I knew this guy was an a*****e

“Go to basketball now.” I ordered her.

“Ethan think of the team.”

“No I think of you first. Now go.” Ginny started away and I took off. I ran to catch up with him catching him by surprise.

“So you think you’re a man to hit her?” I said pissed off.

“You think your big and bold trying to protect her?” He turned slowly towards me with a hand in his back pocket.

“No one should get hit.”

“You should take your advice.”

“What are you talking about?”

“I know what your dad does. He taught me how to hit her.”

“Don’t you ever go near my father or her again.”

“oh yeah going to stop me?” He came up to my face now but I wasn’t intimidated.

“your nothing but a p***y.” I spit in his face

“Why you little I could take you out yet your father said that he wanted you all for him self.”

“You f*****g b*****d.” I hit him square in the jaw and got it also but he pulled out a knife and cut a gash into my arm. He stepped back looking at his damage and began to turn.

“Have fun playing basketball.” I walked off to the game. I walked in the gym to have everything stop. I held my head high and walked into the locker room only to have Ginny and my coach follow.

“What happened?” Asked a concerned Ginny.

“Nothing.” I said giving her a short clipped tone.

“You took him on why?” She really should just stay out of it.

“He hit you. He should never do that.” I lied easily

“Yeah but look at you cant play now.”

“Oh this little gash its nothing.”

“Well at least let me clean it up.” She grabbed a towel and wet it and began to clean my cut.

“You know theirs no fighting.” My coach said finally speaking up.

“He hit her sir. He said things and.. you know.”

“Fine I'll get you out of trouble but this is the last time so go out there and play.” I changed into my jersey.

“Ethan where did you get those marks on your back?”

“Now’s not the time.” With that I grabbed her hand and took her out of the locker room and I warmed up for the game. My arm was in pain and bleeding but I just kept going. You see that game I was playing was like a drug. I got my frustrations out and hit a high every time I made a shot. I might of only been a junior but I could play. I was facing my rivals Montville. They gave me a good beating trying to take my arm out. But I lasted three quarters before I had to retire the game by then we were up by forty points. So I retired to the locker room and lay on the bench. I didn’t notice when Ginny slipped into the locker room…


Ginny pov:

He was lying on that bench and I wasn’t sure if he was alive or dead. Blood was pooling out his arm and onto the floor where he had a towel lay. I grabbed a rag and cleaned the cut he didn’t seem to feel the pain.


Ethan pov:

I didn’t feel the pain but I became aware of her presence, her brown pools just boring holes into my brain trying to figure out what was going on. So I turn and look at her.

“What are you doing?”

“Cleaning your wound. It’s bleeding a lot.”

“Don’t worry bout it will stop soon.”

“How do you know?”

“How does one know the answers to another question if they don’t them self’s know the answer?”

“Going cryptic on me doesn’t help and don’t you feel any pain?”

“Nah not any more. Pain and me are best friends. Ginevera don’t worry about me I can take care of my self.”

“Yah your lucky he didn’t kill you.” She said ignoring the use of her full name

“He wouldn’t have.”

“Why he could of.” She said.

“He still has a heart. He still loves you even though he is heart broken.”

“He beat me.”

“I know he learned from my father.” That hung in the locker room as she stopped cleaning my cut.

“That’s why you hit him.” Finally dawning on her why I actually fought.

“Yah I guess its time to tell you some things. You saw how good I was at drawing well I can practically do everything better than most people except for deal with the cold. On the west coast I'm an up and coming surfer just waiting for my break on the ocean. He trains me and if I didn’t live up to standards. I get whipped. That’s why there are scars on my back and that’s why when I go home I will get whipped again.” A tear rolled down her cheek, which I wiped away.

“Ginevera you have to promise me that you wont tell any one other wise it will be the last time you see me walk, breathe, or be able to stare into my eyes. He will kill me if any one found out. Coach found out and he’s keeping it quiet I need you to do that for me. Also I can’t see you any more. If he found out we were close he would come after you. Please if not for your life save mine.” With that I kissed her on the lips goodbye and got up to leave.

“You know I love you. I always will. Hope is what you need to hold on to and I'll be back. And if your missing me then look at the drawings I left you. I have to go I have to save your life. You said too much with Amos and I fear he has told father. Good bye Ginevera my love.” I said with a strained smile.

“Ethan will I ever see you again?”

“If I were to lie to preserve you memory it would be a false pretense. I'm afraid not. This might be the last any one sees of me. I want you to remember me with a smile on my face and that I was your hero.”

“Why a hero?”

“Because I'm going to save your life even if it means I lose mine. I will make sure they don’t get you but we can’t meet again where the dragons eyes can see.” With that I grabbed the last of my belongings and took off my necklace, placed it in her hand and walked away. That was the day she entered mine and I left hers. It was the biggest regret I have. I went out of the locker room and was grabbed by my collar I wasn’t even taken to the car I was taken to the field where he hit me any where there was skin and left me out to die.

“You wont see the light of day again young one. You never lived up to be anything then the dirt you lay on. She got close and she’s next no one will find out of this secret.”

“You are a filthy b*****d and as long as I am alive she will be safe you will not get her and you will not kill me. I will forever live on. And I will haunt you till the day you die you sick mother f****r.”

“Tisk tisk see what love gets you. Now I will whip you..” He stopped, which was unusual, generally he would beat me till I was broken.

“No I wont I'll leave it to Amos to whip you till you break.” With that my crazed father handed the belt over to the man whom was mad at me. He got in his car and left me there to die.

“So you think you can take my girl. She will forever be mine and no one will get in my way.”

“See what he has done to you. Do you like what you see in the mirror or are you lying to your self. I will forever love her and you can kill me tonight and I wont die.” With that he whipped me till my skin was raw and then plunged his knife into me and left it there as he walked away. I was left in the cold of night to die. Pain that I could so easily block out flooded me like a thousand knifes. It wasn’t until it was almost to late when my coach found me. I was slipping consciousness fast and I was laying in pool a dark pool of my own blood. I would gasp for a breath every time. The knife wasn’t in my heart or lung it was lodged in between.



© 2010 Sarah


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

219 Views
Added on November 26, 2010
Last Updated on November 26, 2010


Author

Sarah
Sarah

Canada



Writing
Moment. Moment.

A Poem by Sarah


... ...

A Poem by Sarah


Mistakes Mistakes

A Story by Sarah