Chapter 7: Healing

Chapter 7: Healing

A Chapter by Sarah

 I walked up stairs and started to put my stuff away. When I walked out of the closet on my bed was a present. I walked over to the small box and pulled off the note on top.

Ethan,

I know this was meant for mom but just listen to the melody it might not be finished but its what we have left. Mom always loved you and she’s just watching from above now. She will see us get married and see our kids she will just be there in spirit, like she said about grandma you could always feel her in every breeze. Mom will be there with grandma in that breeze. This tape was from when you were at your top it might have only 3 of the original 7 but they are your best.

Happy birthday you fool love your little sis.

My hands shook as I pulled out the CD. I thought they all were destroyed when he poured coffee on my equipment. The thing I see next I wasn’t suspecting. Ginny walks into my room with a stack of pancakes and a candle on top.

“Happy birthday.” She walked over to me and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

“Thanks.”

“I know its not breakfast but we will have to settle for dinner.”

“I bet your hungry so eat some with me. Go sit on the bed. I just got to put this in.”

The music started and I got lost in the cadence. My fingers were working hard as my voice filled the house. I went over to Ginny and grabbed one of the trays. And kissed her cheek.

“Thank you.”

“Well its not everyday you turn 16. and what is this?”

“The cd I wrote for her.”She started to dig into the pancakes and with a mouth full she spoke.

“It's good your good ever think of mass producing it?” I had to stifle a laugh that was one of the things I loved about her, she didn't act all fussy to impress her attitude was more, take me as I am or leave. But I could never leave her as I looked at her with her brown hair the hints of red poking through and dark chocolate colored eyes.

“Maybe after my father is locked up. I have a few more songs I was going to write on it but my equipment is trashed.”

“Well maybe one day you’ll get more.” We ate in silence, but I had to say something.

“Sorry I put a damper on your Christmas.”

“No you didn’t I was seriously wondering when it would come out. And sorry for not telling you it was me comforting you.”

“That’s ok I don’t think I would of gotten any sleep if you didn’t.” She smiled fondly at me.

“So what are your nightmare about.” I looked down ashamed, I hated that I was beaten as a child. I didn't want her to know about it. I looked back up at her face when I felt her hand on mine, her eyes were soft as if urging me on. So quietly I spoke

“The beatings… Being to late to save you. I know your still mad at me but will you stay with me tonight? I don't think I will get any sleep if you don't there getting worse.”

“We will see I don’t know how my parents will like that.”

“Its ok if they don’t want you to.” We ate the pancakes and Ginny went to get the plates cleaned and I took a shower and changed into my best pj’s. I go and lay on the bed staring at the ceiling. When I hear a chorus of voices at my door. I looked up to see a lopsided cake with Susan ( Ginny's mom) holding it.

“Cake to?”

“Yeah Caden made it.” I tried to hold back the disgusted look from my face it was well known in my family that she couldn't cook.

“Did the dog down the street try it first?”

“Hey I can cook.” She said defensively.

“Cook my but last thing you made mom had to throw out the pan because it was like sludge that the sink hose couldn’t get off it broke her spoon for god sake.” I said trying not to laugh.

“I remember that mom was so mad at you for that.” That sobered me up a bit.

“Yeah she thought I made it cuz I covered for you.”

“Only if she knew that would have been priceless.” The three on my new adopted family sat there looking awkward. I had to take pity on them, I hadn't been the easiest person this last week.

“Guys its ok I can talk about her. its good for us to.” They relaxed.

“Alright so lay this cake on me.” I took a fork and a bit from the piece and fed it to Ginny so quick she didn’t have time to register till it was in her mouth. She swallowed

“Is she alive I'm not sure is it ok?” I said checking her over, poking here and there.

“It's good.” I took a bite and the cake was good.

“Alright who helped you.” I looked to them all, like the mystery wasn't hard to solve.

“Actually I did.” Susan said.

“That must be why you guys could get it out of the pan.”

“Happy birthday” they said again before the three left me with Ginny. I turned the music back on and we sat on the bed and ate the cake. I changed Cd’s over to the one I brought and made.

“May I have this dance?” I held out my hand and she grabbed it.

I hit play and Brian McKnight’s back at one song came on and I held her close as we swayed to the music.

“Thanks for actually doing something for my party.” I said as I rub circles on her back.

“Yeah well don't forget mine and we will be all ok.” She said teasingly.

“When’s yours?”

“February 4th.”

“Ah ok.” The song finished up and she went into the closet to get on some pj’s. She came out in a tight camisole and another pair of my boxers.

“Wow very stunning.”

“I thought so. Now aren’t you supposed to take me some where?”

“It's like 11:30 at night where do you want to go I was planning on sleeping.”

“Well show me the way.” I grabbed her hand and pulled her under the covers an she snuggles into my embrace… If I had to make a wish this year it wouldn't be to stop the beatings but to keep the lady turning into a Woman in my arms safe. She was the first person past my sister I've let this close.



© 2010 Sarah


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

184 Views
Added on November 26, 2010
Last Updated on November 26, 2010


Author

Sarah
Sarah

Canada



Writing
Moment. Moment.

A Poem by Sarah


... ...

A Poem by Sarah


Mistakes Mistakes

A Story by Sarah