Chapter 8: Merry Christmas

Chapter 8: Merry Christmas

A Chapter by Sarah

 The sun was just starting to rise over the horizon. I set the present meant for mom out by the window hopefully her spirit gets it. I climb back in bed to have Ginny wake.

“Morning.” I said before placing a kiss on her soft rosy lips.

“Merry Christmas.” A smile plays across both our lips.

“How are you this morning?” She asks.

“Tired.” I said looking down at my hands.

“That’s not what I mean.” I knew what she means.

“I feel better it still hurts to get up but hopefully with time it will ease I just missed so much with her.”

“Well you have me and ill try to fill as many holes as possible.” My demeanor change as I thought to last night, just being able to hold her close kept my nightmares away, I gave her that crooked grin she loved to see.

“Well you filled one I don’t think I've slept the night in a while I had no nightmares.”

“See I'm a nightmare chaser. I admit I never felt so safe in my sleep.”

“I'll always be there to protect you.”

“Good.” She leans in and kisses me. Just as the passion builds and I was going to deepen the kiss the door fly’s open.

“Uh um I was going to wish you a merry Christmas but I see you already have one.”

“Caden?”

“Yeah.”

“Get out or don’t live till tomorrow”

“No can do bro.” I kiss Ginny softly before I jump out of bed and chase after my sister.

“Get back here twerp.” I chased her down the hall.

“Lost your edge bro?”

“No way I always get you.” She went behind the table.

“Why don’t you go back to your lover,”

“Keep your mouth shut.” I threatened.

“Why does Ethan get embarrassed? Or are you too busy snogging her?”

“That’s it I'm going to get you and tickle you to your death.” She ran into the living room and back up the stairs into her room.

“Get out here and face me you youngling.”

“Shut up old fart.” I banged on the door.

“Do you ever want a life outside of here?’’

“Depends are you going to tickle me?”

“Mope.” She opened the door I grabbed her slung her over my shoulder and dragged her into her bathroom threw her in the tub and started the shower on cold.

“Told ya I wouldn’t tickle yeah this is so much better.”

“Ugg I hate you.”

“Are you two done now?” I turned and saw an angry Ginny and her parents.

“Ut oh we did it now.”

“Why did you wake us up?” I cringed at the tone of his voice it was all to familiar.

“Sorry kind of habit me and Caden had on Christmas except for last one.” I winced at the memory of what happened.

God damn it I was out late last night what the hell are you running and yelling for at six in the morning?”

ssorry dad”

sorry are you really sorry ill teach you sorry.” He whipped me right in front of Caden.

you keep your mouth shut girl or your next.”

“Ethan are you ok you seem pale.”

“I just need to lie down.” I walked back to my room and slammed the door.


Caden Pov:

“You cant get mad at him it was my fault. Last Christmas sucked there were no trees our mom had to sneak us a single present. Ginny your wearing it right now actually. Ethan never took it off.”

“What do you mean the boxers?” She asked

“No the necklace it was the last thing mom gave Ethan.”

“If you think you can tell us what happened that day leading up to the beating that morning.”

“It started out normalish Ethan was on the couch again mom was at the table drinking coffee then he came down and flipped Ethan off the couch and yelled at him to get ready. He sat down on the couch and mom was sitting there horrified because she knew if she helped Ethan he would whip her. Dad was trying to see how much it took to break Ethan. It was Ethan and him self in the daylight. Ethan got up and ran to his room. He got dressed and everyone ate. Mom drove us both to school and she held Ethan back. Then Ethan came out and she waved and that was the last time she saw us or we saw her.

“She said to me was that she loved us and that shed always watch us grow. She kind of knew it would be one of our last she knew about Ginny. She also said some other things but I'm not sharing.”

“So mom knew?”

“I guess. Anyways who’s up for breakfast ill cook.” The family went down to the table to watch Ethan cook different omelets. And severed them up.

“Ethan why are you choosing cooking?”

“He didn’t know about it so it’s the safest he was lucky enough to keep out of my grades so I lied about courses I was taking. Its like a sport just with the knives as my tool.” My brother explained.

“Well I wont complain these omelets are good.” I said, boosting his confidence a bit. I saw him cringe at her tone of voice from before.

“Thanks.”


Ethan Pov:

The plates were cleared and we went into the living room. I sat on the floor in front of Ginny’s legs. Caden was next to Ginny. The parents were starting fire and dishing out presents.

“Here Caden this one is for you but no name.” Caden tore back the paper and there laid a drawing of mom her jade necklace and her blanket.

“Moms stuff.” She said in a barely audible whisper and she looked to me.

“Yeah I figured you’d want it. She was planning on giving you the necklace this year so I just intervened so really its from mom and me.”

“But I thought the necklace was passed down to the oldest.”

“She gave it to you because she didn’t think I would take off mine. Plus it's not really made for a guy”

“But you don’t have yours anymore.”

“No I don’t but I don’t want it anymore if someone close to us saw it on me then they would know on Ginny they wouldn’t think twice.”

“Are you sure Ethan I can give it back.” I turned and looked at her, her eyes shone with concern.

“No keep it I gave it to you for hope just like my mother gave it to me in.”

“Well thank you.”

“Oh look Pat there are presents from Ethan to us.” Her mother exclaimed.

“Go ahead open them.”

They opened the presents to see three framed pictures.

“I know you guys probably miss your house so I drew it this way you guys can always have it even though you don’t live in it.”

“What are the other two for?”

“One I just of you guys and the other is Ginny.”

“There really good.” I flushed under the complement.

“Thanks.” I mumbled. Ginny squeezed my hand.

“Hey mom I think its time Ethan got his.”

“Huh?”

“Go up stairs to the unused room.”

I grabbed Ginny’s hand and ran up the stairs. I opened the door to have all the equipment I need for my music. There was the sound board, a computer for mixing, Caden’s electric guitar, my acoustic, the keyboard and a drum set was in there. I grabbed two drum sticks and started to drum.

“This is sick.”

“You like?”

“Yeah thank you guys so very much.” The excitement was evident in my voice.

“Ah its nothing.”

They went down and opened presents and just had a fun day.


Mom pov:

I watched down on my kids it was Christmas with out me the first. I've watched the breakdowns and I finally see happiness on the horizon yet there is the threat of two men who can kill. Ethan thinks that he could of saved me but there was no hope I was dead before lunch. Now that present is a mystery. But my kids are growing before my ghostly eyes. Now only if Ethan would just let Ginny in fully. I told him that she would be a perfect match. Now the names that is a mystery why Ethan would change that but I'll just have to see how this plays out.


Ginny pov:

I lay in bed wake.

“Ethan are you up?” I asked softly in the middle of the night, his arm was draped over my hip and the snow fluttered to the ground out the window.

“What is it Ginny?” Came his mumbled reply

“I don’t know I just feel something watching us.”

“Its nothing no one knows were here.” His grip tightened on me slightly.

“I guess thanks for a great Christmas.” He shifted so he was on his back and he slipped his arm under my back and pulled me close.

“Your welcome now get some sleep.”

I lay my head down on his shoulder and lay my hand on his chest and fall asleep.



© 2010 Sarah


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

190 Views
Added on November 26, 2010
Last Updated on November 26, 2010


Author

Sarah
Sarah

Canada



Writing
Moment. Moment.

A Poem by Sarah


... ...

A Poem by Sarah


Mistakes Mistakes

A Story by Sarah