Chapter 9: New School

Chapter 9: New School

A Chapter by Sarah

 

We welcomed in the new year and now...

“Ethan wake up time to get ready for school.” I rolled over for the hundredth time.

“goaway.” Came my mumbled reply.

“Ethan Ethan get up.”

“idontwanna.” I said like a child.

“I cant understand you.”

“What time is it?” I said rolling over and scrubbing the sleep from my eyes.

“6 we have school in an hour.”

“Alright I'm up.” I climb out of bed and go put on the clothes Gin choose for me and I brush out my now straight dirty blond hair. I grab my backpack and go down stairs for breakfast. I look at the coffee pot and there is no coffee.

“Where’s all the coffee?” I asked in desperate need for the morning jolt.

“You drink coffee?” Susan asked.

“Yeah I have for two years.”

“Well I'll have to remember that Ginny stole the last cup.”I went over to Ginny and stole her mug and took a sip. It was overly sweet.

“Ugg how much sugar do you put in that?”

“5 sugars.” She said as if it was a little amount.

“That’s gross. Is there any Snapple?”

“Check the fridge I picked some up yesterday for you.”

“Thanks.”I went to the fridge grab a Snapple and throw it in my bag. I look at my self in the mirror once more. And grab my coat and keys.

“Caden, Gin are you ready yet?”

“Hold on.” I heard two people call. I laced up my Adidas and started the car. They still weren’t out yet so I walked back into the house.

“Coming?”

“One minute.”

“In about one minute you guys can ride the bus to school.” Two ladies then ran down the stairs.

“Lets go.” I walked out and they followed. Caden went to get in the front.

“No way sis get in the back.”

“That’s only cuz you love Ginny.” She exclaimed.

“No I don’t want you in the front now get in the back.” I drove them to school.

“Wow mercy high school home of the falcons. Ha our damned bobcat would eat their falcon.”

“Ethan be nice this is your school now. Fine miss Evans. We have to go to the office to get our schedules.”

I excited the mustang to have people stop and stare I grabbed Ginny’s hand and just went in to the office.

“This place looks like s**t compared to bacon.”

“I know what you mean.” We walked into the office.

“Were here to see the principal.”

“Already? School hasn’t started.” We looked at each other with questioning looks on our faces.

“Were new students.” I tried again.

“Oh right this way. Sir three new students for you.”

“Send them in.”

“Alright I take it you are Miss. Evans?”

“Yes sir.” Ginny said

“You two must be the Italian siblings the young’s.”

“Yes sir.” We said with our accents, mine hung heavier than Caden's.

“You guys fluent in English?”

“and Spanish.” She had to add.

“Ok which one of you is Nathan Ethan.” He said finally looking up.

“That would be me.”

“You have mostly culinary classes yet we want you to join a sport, hear you play baseball.”

“Yes sir that’s one of the ones I play.”

“Alright you are to report next month for the catcher position now all of you get off to class your all late for homeroom.” We walked out into the hall.

“See ya later fresh meat.”

“Shut up Ethan.” I looked to my sister with a you got to be kidding me face.

“Payton.” I said threateningly.

“S**t sorry.”

“Its ok remember the names.”

“Hey I'm Jeremy uh you guys look new.”

“Yeah we know where were going.” I said trying to push past him.

“But I must show you where you go its customary.” He said holding Gin back, my anger flared.

“Let me guess you pray on new kids because you are a loser here and cant get any one but your football boys to touch your wiener and your totally horny and you were wondering if shed join you at lunch to make you look like less of a loser? Well sorry to tell you she’s taken” I said grabbing her hand. Gin sensed my anger and rubbed circles into the back of my hand with her thumb.

“You’re a jerk that seems to know people.”

“Yeah well goodbye. Come on lily.” Then that jerk smacked her a*s.

“Nathan it’s the first day let it go.” She said trying to pull me along and not tear this guy limb from limb

“I'll tap that later.”

“F**k it Gin, I'm not letting it go.” I let go of her hand and round on him.

“Hey a*s, touch hers again and you wont be able to play with balls for three months.” I walked off to my first period with Gin. English.

“I take it you’re the two new students.”

“Yeah.” Gin answered before I could give a quick snide remark. She looked pointedly at me.

“Well have a seat in the back have you two learned Shakespeare?”

“We did that in the beginning of the year.”

“Alright so this will be a refresher for you. Class welcome what are your names?

“I'm lily and this is Nathan.”

We took our seats and class was boring so I spent it drawing new fools then Ginny and I split ways till gym.

“Hey love.” She said coming up to me.

“Hey.” I said distractedly.

“What’s wrong Ethan?”

“This place sucks the culinary program is whack.”

“Well at least we have gym right now.” I turned and looked at the beaten down gym, it would have to do.

“Good now I can get my frustrations out.” We went into the drab blue locker room and picked out two lockers.

“You newcomers those aren’t for non sport players.”

“Well sucks for you cuz I play three.”

“Your another Young aren’t you, I had your sister earlier and she had a tongue on her to.”

“Sorry my sister is a bit crazy.” I said to the guy.

“Well if you play then share one.”

“Fine.” Gin grabbed her clothes and went off to another section to change. I changed into my bobcat jersey along with Ginny. And then two other juniors come up to us.

“So Bobcats is that the loser school your from?”

“Actually this is our old mascot. You see our team could kick your teams a*s any day.”

“So you two play?”

“Yeah.”

“Fine you want respect two on two against our two best players.”

“Bring it on.”

“Nathan your not supposed to be playing sports yet.” Gin said coming from around the corner.

“There’s only a week left so I should be ok.” They walked out in the gym and the court was cleared.

The first junior spoke. “So falcons ready to see two more new comers go down?”

“Yeah.” The gym erupted in noise. We took the center. I matched up against the bigger guy.

“So new comer what were you freshman?”

“Yeah about two years ago.”

“So your on the jv team?”

“Is that as high as it goes out here?”

“No our skill level is pretty high.”

“Well I'm not all state for nothing so lets go.”

“You know the rules first one to 20 points win.” One of the boys came over and said. We tipped off and not even five minutes later had we won.

“Any more from you mighty Falcons or should us Bobcats just eat you guys for breakfast? Their talent pool is of a pea.”

“Honey behave we knew we were better now, we showed them.”

“Alright ladies now that your done goofing off we have weights to lift today its state testing. The top two to lift the most weight doesn’t have to show to class.” It was me at top lifting in total of all the different weights over 900lbs. Ginny was tied in second with the bloke Jeremy. In the end it was me and Jeremy who didn’t have to go to class any more.



© 2010 Sarah


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
Added on November 26, 2010
Last Updated on November 26, 2010


Author

Sarah
Sarah

Canada



Writing
Moment. Moment.

A Poem by Sarah


... ...

A Poem by Sarah


Mistakes Mistakes

A Story by Sarah