Chapter 24: On the Run

Chapter 24: On the Run

A Chapter by Sarah

I dodged trees as I began to run through the thin woods. I didn't really have a direction, just to find Amos and my father and end this bull s**t. I came to a thick part of the forest that had thickets and rather run through them I waited. I closed my eyes and listened. I heard footsteps directly infront of me. I saw no end to the bushes and I didn't want to loose my track on Amos so I ran through the thick bush. The thorns tore at my shirt holding it in place, I had to step back. I wouldn't get through with a shirt on. I took off the thin t-shirt and walked slow yet as fast as I could through the bush. The thorns ran jagged against my skin, and felt like a thousand knifes tearing at my flesh. I finally made it through and noticed most of my chest was covered in tiny cuts seeping a few drops of blood each. I gingerly placed my shirt on top of the hundreds of cuts that littered my sides and chest. I reached into my backpack and grabbed a bottle of water and took a small sip before I sat down against a tree, listening for a hope that Amos was near. The sunlight that filtered through the trees was warm.

____________________________________________________________________________________

I called Alex, I hadn't heard a thing from Ethan in three weeks. I began to worry as the last thing he had said to me was 'move on' that arrogant pig how did he want me to move on when my heart lied with him and, my mind on the constant worry he may never come home. Finally Alex picked up.

"Where the hell is Ethan!" I shouted into the phone, if anything I could make Alex pay for not picking up my previous calls.

"Don't shout Ginny." I would strangle him if I could or knew where I was.

"You havn't answered my calls." I heard a door open.

"I know, I have nothing to say to you." I sat down in the thread bare chair that was in this little cabin.

"Where is he?" I asked calmly.

"I..I don't know. He took off and I haven't heard from him." I could tell he was struggleing with that he let him go off alone.

"Thats not like him."

"Gin, he can't be him self. Its been three weeks alone in the woods, chasing after a demon that has haunted him for years. The second he calls Ill tell you ok?" I sighed knowing that it was best I could get.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I stopped at a stream and refilled my water bottle. I tried to wash up best as I could, I would be great full for a shower. I was washing out my shirt when I heard a twig snap behind me. I stiffened and held the wet shirt in my hands tighter. Slowly I stood and turned around. My father was smirking and I hit speed dial on my phone, someone had to hear this. I could faintly hear Alex's voice call out until my father spoke and I knew he was listening.

"We finally meet again son." My jaw tightened at the name.

"I am no son of yours." I spitted back with venom in my voice. The tension was so thick as we faced off.



© 2011 Sarah


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
Added on December 29, 2010
Last Updated on January 1, 2011


Author

Sarah
Sarah

Canada



Writing
Moment. Moment.

A Poem by Sarah


... ...

A Poem by Sarah


Mistakes Mistakes

A Story by Sarah