My Invisible Friends

My Invisible Friends

A Chapter by Alyssa Dufresne

A few days ago I was talking to my soon-to-be stepsister. We were sitting in my room and looking through some school work I did at the beginning of this year, when we stumbled upon my rough drafts for "Aspiring to Be Nobody." When she saw that the dedication page was to "My invisible friends", the first thing out of her mouth was "Huh?", and I explained.

 

My invisible friends are special people, or at least were. Most of these are no longer with me. They have moved on, whether by death or life's circumstances. Some of these friends I will see every once in a while, but normally it's only for a few minutes. Sometimes the "visit" is as simple as seeing their car pass by me. But no matter how short the visit, they always make me smile. These are the people who give me strength long after they've left. They're the reason I can get up in the morning, and the reason I want to see what tomorrow holds. God bless them; my invisible friends.



© 2008 Alyssa Dufresne


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is really nice. It is true that some times we grow up and our friends disappear. But when your young; They our that special dolly, or blanket, or toy. In a way it's a shame we lose them. Some times in when were older we need a little some thing to tell us we are very special, or a hug from your security blanket, that you know is right there for you. Some times just just holding hands goes a very long ways. Very nice. Good journey.
Andrew

Posted 15 Years Ago


i never had imaginary friends. my sister did. she would talk with them and play with them for hours. but as she grew her need for them grew less and less as her own confidence and personality became stronger. i think maybe she will always recall them... much as you do. i have always thought the imagined was interesting...

a nice write...

Posted 16 Years Ago


We all need someone or something to inspire us and keep us going. Different people have different ways to cope, whatever works for each. Good write. T

Posted 16 Years Ago


7 of 7 people found this review constructive.

The idea of humanity keeping you going is interesting, but then I could be wrong, and these could be your friends all grown up and over looking you....
Either way...
You should collect all these and make it a book. Yup.

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 8, 2008
Last Updated on May 6, 2008


Author

Alyssa Dufresne
Alyssa Dufresne

Winston-Salem, NC



About
Formerly the Midnight Writer, Alyssa Dufresne was born into your average abnormally-broke and overly-dysfunctional family sometime in the fall of 1993. After a brief incident involving being adopted b.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


I am Beowulf I am Beowulf

A Poem by Bubo