Black is My Color.

Black is My Color.

A Chapter by Alyssa Dufresne

Black is my color. It is the color of darkness, the color of mystery, of endless pits, and the color of safety. It is my comfort color. It is the color I paint my nails everyday, and the last color I see before drifting into dreamless sleep. It surrounds me and tells me everything will be allright. It's the color that covers me up to protect me, that shields me from harm. But most of all, it is the color of death. The color that signifies the last begining, the end of suffering, and the reward for living. So black is my color. My beautiful comfort color that promises me cover, much needed sleep, endless possibilities, and provides hope that something better will come along.

 

"I see a red door and I want it painted black...."

=Rolling Stones



© 2008 Alyssa Dufresne


Author's Note

Alyssa Dufresne
Once again - this is a piece from before the "Great Deletion"
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

And apparently I was feeling really morbid.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
Added on May 6, 2008
Last Updated on May 6, 2008


Author

Alyssa Dufresne
Alyssa Dufresne

Winston-Salem, NC



About
Formerly the Midnight Writer, Alyssa Dufresne was born into your average abnormally-broke and overly-dysfunctional family sometime in the fall of 1993. After a brief incident involving being adopted b.. more..

Writing