Nails.

Nails.

A Chapter by Alyssa Dufresne

 

My nails are black with a red stripe down the middle. They are short from being bitten, from being clipped out of boredom. My sister's nails are beautiful and pink, a glistening pretty pink. My mom's are red, pure red and short from her work. They are chipped, the paint is coming off: I need to repaint hers, tidy them up, reorganized it, and maybe change the color. My brother's nails are long and disgusting. They need to be clipped, to be washed. Is there a nail polish that can make a boy's nails clean? But of course boy's nails should be nasty, for little boys will run and play in the dirt.

 

I think I should change my nails. I know how to make this beautiful purple color that shifts between green, blue, silver and back. It looks amazing to me and, as my dad says, freakish. The perfect word for my nails, for me: Freakish. And shall I never be anything else.



© 2008 Alyssa Dufresne


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
Added on May 6, 2008


Author

Alyssa Dufresne
Alyssa Dufresne

Winston-Salem, NC



About
Formerly the Midnight Writer, Alyssa Dufresne was born into your average abnormally-broke and overly-dysfunctional family sometime in the fall of 1993. After a brief incident involving being adopted b.. more..

Writing