LOOK OUT BELOW!

LOOK OUT BELOW!

A Chapter by Alyssa Dufresne

 

There are some really stupid things that you shouldn’t do. If you do, you might get hurt. Like that one time I tried holding my cat down so it could meet my dog, or that time I played piñata with a bee’s nest. But those are only a few things you shouldn’t do.

 

 

When I was four years old, I decided I would go parachuting off my bunk bed. Now I know this may not sound all too smart, but it sure seemed like a good idea at the time. It started when my parents, after five minutes of hearing me whine about how bored I was, told me to entertain myself. That was the first stupid idea.

So I went to my room and played with my train set, but after a while it got boring. Then I got the great idea that if I climbed to the top bunk and used the huge bag that held my trains as a parachute, I could hold it over my head and gently float down. There’s stupid idea number two.

 

So I emptied the bag of trains, climbed onto the top bunk, held the bag over my head and jumped: three strikes, and your out. BOOM!!! To my childish surprise, I did not float down, or for that matter fall, but instead I dropped like a rock and hit my back. Somehow in the middle of my drop to earth, I had spun around one-hundred eighty degrees and slammed into a small wooden table that was in the middle of my room.

 

In conclusion, there are a lot of dumb ideas that should never be tried. You will get hurt. So don’t be like me, and look before you leap. That was a lesson I had to learn the hard way.



© 2008 Alyssa Dufresne


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
Added on May 6, 2008


Author

Alyssa Dufresne
Alyssa Dufresne

Winston-Salem, NC



About
Formerly the Midnight Writer, Alyssa Dufresne was born into your average abnormally-broke and overly-dysfunctional family sometime in the fall of 1993. After a brief incident involving being adopted b.. more..

Writing



Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Beautiful author websites
Stop wasting time and money on Wix & Wordpress. Authors are creating beautiful websites with Myauthor.space FREE!