The true world

The true world

A Chapter by Ashley.M.E

Her eyes wide with wonder

Her hands tiny but strong

She holds her head so tall

Her smile bright not frail

She may seem small and weak

She may not be able to stand

Though no matter what you think

Someday she will

She will see our world

For what it really is

For now just let her dream

That everything is peace

And then let her learn for herself

That everyone needs help

That in our world of illness and death

No one can stand alone

Let her learn that she can ask

And their will be a hand to grab

For no one needs to live

In a place where there’s only famine

She can’t stand alone

But like many she will be strong when together

@All rights reserved by Ashley.M.E



© 2010 Ashley.M.E


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

In the first line, it should be "wonder" not "wander" and in the second line it should be "but" not "put". Also, the "And then" in the thirteenth line feels out of place, it might flow better if you removed them. But even so, the line isn't entirely grammatically correct because before "herself" it would need a "for". So my suggestion, just a suggestion, would be to make the line "Let her learn for herself". Also, the lines "That our world of illness and death / No one can stand alone" don't make complete grammatical sense. In order for it to flow, you need to add "in" in the first line "That IN this world".

Other than those issues, I enjoyed reading this piece. Very inspiring and motivational. An interesting look on the birth of a new human. I liked it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I can very much relate to this poem. That a child enters a world young and weak should grow and be expected to stand against the world is something that we all eventually face. And that in childhood, the world is merely a dream-turned-reality as we age; but no matter how hard life becomes, we don't have to face it alone. Beautiful poem!

Posted 13 Years Ago


We humans need each other to survive, even if we like to think of ourselves as self sufficient we do rely on each other for many things, and I feel the reminder of this in your poem. Nicely written.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is truly beautiful. It tells a of a deep truth that not many would be able to convey, a wonderful write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Amazing. That's all I can say to describe this.

Posted 13 Years Ago


nice work

Posted 13 Years Ago


I have read many of your poems and they are all true. Each are well worded and versed, but they fill me with such sadness. This world is broken and torn. Each day it gets worse, but everyday I wake up I breath in the air and I go out into this world of ours and I love, and I help, and I laugh and smile. I am only one, but If I can get someone to catch on then maybe my happiness will be contagious! ^_^ It is not all bad. Seek out the good and you might be surprised what great things your own hands will bring to both you and this world. Probably why I enlist as a medic in the guard.... I love people and I love to help them!

Posted 13 Years Ago


A beautiful poem. The spirit and eye of a child bring hope to even a sad heart. I like the description and the kind and gentle ending. A excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like this. And, for some reason, I think it would go really well if you somehow incorporated it with 'Dream a better world'. But then again, I'm no expert on poetry, so, I'm not sure.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[ wander or wonder] other than that questionable word, this a beautiful piece. Made obvious that it is a small child. especially the line [ For now just let her dream ] this lines placement, was perfect. As it is the key to the entirety of this poem. Nice Ashley and a winning stoke there. And, I'm really sorry to say this... you have some trouble, with closing lines. Not that its horrible... no. It just raises a question. As to its meaning...
[ But like many she will be strong when together ] post and tell me, what I may be thinking here. Why, is not a finished statement?

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is really inspirational. I enjoyed watching the growth of this person.
There is an honest emotion to this poem.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

995 Views
24 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 17, 2010
Last Updated on December 31, 2010


Author

Ashley.M.E
Ashley.M.E

OH



Writing
A shell A shell

A Poem by Ashley.M.E


Page One Page One

A Chapter by Ashley.M.E


Page Two Page Two

A Chapter by Ashley.M.E



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


My Pap My Pap

A Poem by r