1. New Joel

1. New Joel

A Chapter by JoseG

Chapter 1.

 

I am walking through the Louis Armstrong airport trying to find an exit. The only person I had met so far was Kohl and he had stayed behind waiting for his baggage, me on the other hand I didn’t bring any, so there was no reason to wait. Now however I have no one I know in a city full of people who don’t know me. I keep walking following exit signs but not seeing an exit. Finally, I see the exit or at least one of them. I only then realized I have nowhere to go, So I just stroll down the street thinking or hoping that something would occur to me. Finally, I realized okay well I need a place to shower so I started looking for cheap hotels around the area. I came across one named Voodoo Inn, how appropriate for New Orleans. I wave a taxi down after waving like an idiot for maybe 3 minutes.

Where to sir? Asks the heavy accent driver, it’s a middle eastern accent I just cannot pin point where exactly.

“ Voodoo Inn, off Main St. Please” I say it as slow as I can without insulting the driver’s knowledge or understanding.

“Of course,” he replies smiling back at me through the rearview mirror.

In the drive, I take in the beauty of this strange city, as well as its hot temperatures. I arrive at the Hotel and start to get off. I pay the taxi driver and wave him goodbye.

I walk into the Hotel, there is a six-foot-tall, well-built man, maybe in his late 20’s. He stands behind the check in desk, he sees me, smiles and continues to say

“Welcome to Voodoo Inn, where hospitality is not our only forte” I suppose that is their logo but I cannot help but laugh at its ridiculousness.

“Hi” I say through muffled laughs

“Can I get a single bed room for a week” 

“Yes, sir may I see your ID, and a credit card, also can I get you to fill this out” He says as he hands me a folio maybe 6x4 in. where all my information is required.

“What brings you to town, is it our festival this weekend or business?

I did not quite know how to answer that question for my reason was neither of those. So I just replied

“Nothing like that just personal matters” I realize I sounded kind of cold when I said that so I added

“But who would ever pass up the opportunity to be part of one of New Orleans famous, festivals”

I get my ID, and room key back as well as my credit card, and what I believe is every hotel employees monologue voice when they have to repeat the rules

“Your room is located upstairs in the front of the building, housekeeping is available 24/7 as well as breakfast from 6-11, pool is open 24hrs unless weather does not permit it, any questions or concerns please call our front desk” when he finally finishes, Jacob which is his name takes one deep breath. I always wondered why people always repeated things in one breath, like when you order at a restaurant and they repeat your order back very fast and without stopping. I just thought Jacob was knew at this skill because he is still gasping for air.

“Thank you, Jacob. I will be sure to let you know if I need anything” I say as I walk away.

I walk down the hallway into the elevator onto the fifth floor and almost immediately I see my room 512. I slide my key in but something seems to be wrong with the card reader, so I try again, however no luck.  I walk back down to the front desk to let Jacob know.

“I am so sorry Mr. Joel give me one second” He activates the key again, he walks from behind the counter, and walks into the hallway signaling me to follow him.

When we get to the room he laughs as he looks at the room number.

“I am sorry, Jacob but what is funny?

“Nothing Joel, its just this room” that’s all I got

He tries with the my key again but does not work he then tries with his master key, as if by magic the door opens. He walks in, holding the door open for me to walk in.  He stands in the entrance of the room next to the door to the restroom as I walk in to see the rest of the room which requires an immediate right to see the beautiful, vanity set up behind the bathroom wall, not only that but there is a walk in closet about the size of a storage room. I cannot believe how little I paid for this room, I walk back around the corner and in doing so I trip not sure how my step got caught in the carpet and I went down fast as a bullet. In my downward spiral, I tried to hold on to the nearest thing which happened to be Jacob. When we landed Jacob and I were already at third base, and he most certainly had something to bat with.

I laid on his firm chest for what seemed to be an eternity but it could not have been more than a few seconds. I recovered my composure, got up, I was also planning on helping him up but in a swift jump he was standing calm as if we had not just jumped each other’s bones literally. I started to apologize

“Jacob, I am sorry, I don’t know what happened, I was walking, I was here and then and now I am” He could tell I was rambling. He holds his hand out and places it on my arm and says

“Joel it’s fine, I saw what happened you tripped that’s it, if you need anything else anything at all don’t hesitate to ask me, I am here for you” I could not tell if he was flirting or just doing his job.

He proceeds to walk out and closes the door behind him.

I breathe and jump on the bed, without realizing it doze off into the sweetest of dreams.



© 2017 JoseG


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

59 Views
Added on August 20, 2017
Last Updated on August 20, 2017


Author

JoseG
JoseG

Tyler, TX



About
I like writing, reading and watching movies and shows. more..

Writing
Being Me Being Me

A Book by JoseG


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by JoseG


2. Kohl 2. Kohl

A Chapter by JoseG