Ch.4 Kohl

Ch.4 Kohl

A Chapter by JoseG

Chapter 4. Kohl

“Buzz, buzz, buzz, buzz” the sound of my phone vibrating telling me it’s time to wake up.  I reach across the bed, moving my hand up and down trying to feel my phone, to no avail. Finally, I give up, so I open my eyes. Everything is blurry so I rub my eyes to get better vision. I see my phone at the corner of my bed almost ready to fall off with the next vibration, but I reach it just in time. When I look at my phone I realize it’s not my alarm going off but a call from Sam. I instinctively answer “Hey, What’s up?

“Just wanted to make sure you were awake, so you can have time to get ready, Do you know what you are wearing? Asks Sam

“No not yet, haven’t even looked at my clothes” I reply

“Well I am wearing a light blue shirt, and Khakis in case you want to match. Start getting ready, we will be by to pick you up in about an hour” says Sam

“Who is we? I ask

“Just Dylan and me” says Sam hesitantly, with good reason.

“Oh, well I had already agreed to ride with Monique” I say trying to not hurt Sam’s feelings.

“Okay that’s cool, I’ll just see you there then, Bye” then Sam hangs up.

I am not looking forward to having this talk with Sam. So, I keep trying to avoid it. I have always known that Sam liked me, I guess that is one of the reasons I keep him as my friend, it’s nice to have him there always backing me up. I thought I could manage it but last time I saw Sam, he kissed me, I was drunk so I kissed him back, I am not sure what happened after that. Monique however claims I didn’t do anything with Sam but make out, because she stopped me. I guess that is also a reason Sam and Monique are not as close anymore. In conclusion, I had told Sam we could try us out when I came back. I wasn’t planning on coming back. So now here I am, with a puppy eyed lover, whom I have no feelings what so ever for, and a group of friends who Sam has convinced we are made for each other.

I call Monique

“Hey, babe” I say in the most masculine seductive voice I can make.

“One day back at the mercy of Sam’s love for you, and he already managed to turn you straight” says Monique trying to not laugh.

“That is not funny, that is exactly what I am calling you for, he wanted to pick me up and match clothes, but I might have suggested you and I had agreed on other plans, possibly you picking me up” I say

“Sweetie you know I am always at your service, what time should I pick you up? Asks Monique

“Forty-five minutes, should be good” I reply

“Okay, I’ll be there. Get cute for me” says Monique

“Are you implying I am not always cute? I ask

“What…I…can’t. I can’t…hear...Kohl…hey” I know Monique is pretending to lose signal but I let it go and she hangs up.

I finally get out of bed, I need a towel so I go into my closet to look for a towel, to my surprise I still had some left, I was sure Matt would have used them all and kept them. I shower, come back to my closet and then the nightmare starts. Everything in my closet is at least four seasons old. I try my best to come up with an outfit that is original but not obviously last season so I get very creative. I use a white polo dress shirt, Khaki Chinos, Maroon Toms, a G by Guess belt color brown, to tie all of the outfit together I add a maroon Bowtie, as well as a Fedora hat, very small just to blend the entire outfit together. Lastly I add my silver ring with a red ruby, and my black leather watch. I look at my full body mirror and feel like I am missing something. I just can’t put my finger on it. I hear the doorbell ring and run down to open it.

I see Monique standing there in a Maroon body tight dress with an opening on the right thigh, her black stilettos not only draw the attention by the sound they make but by the glare of them. Her black chandelier shaped necklace as well as her earrings. Isolate her face to be able to appreciate her light maroon lipstick, and grey Smokey eye shadow.

“Okay, I get it Monique you can rock anything” I say jealously

“I am missing something to bring this whole look together I am just not sure what it is? I ask Monique

“I know what it is, come” she says leading me into Matt’s room, she open’s all of his accessories drawers until she comes across the pair of Tommy glasses, she bought my brother last Christmas.

‘Here try them on” says Monique as she places the glasses on me.

We go back to my room, once again in the mirror but this time I have surpassed even my own expectations of this outfit, created with leftover garments of past seasons.

“I look sexy” I say

“We look Sexy” says Monique in a corrective manner.

With that we grab our things and head out.

“Close your eyes and don’t open them until I tell you too”

In my mind, I feel like mocking her and saying, “yes mom”

We arrive somewhere and Monique gets down to help me. She walks me over a wooden bridge from what I can tell. She finally says

“Open your eyes” So I do

In front of me is a freshly mowed lawn, with string lights hanging around the patio, there is a poster on the side that reads “Welcome Home Joe” immediately across from the sign is my friend Christoph, my eyes are still wandering when something draws my attention to someone in front of me. I start to focus on this person, it’s Sam.

He is holding a gift in his hand, and he is falling now, no he is not falling he is kneeling. Why is he kneeling. He opens the box and there sits a massive ring,

I look up and everyone is staring at me, I can’t breathe.



© 2017 JoseG


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

69 Views
Added on September 3, 2017
Last Updated on September 3, 2017


Author

JoseG
JoseG

Tyler, TX



About
I like writing, reading and watching movies and shows. more..

Writing
Being Me Being Me

A Book by JoseG


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by JoseG


1. New Joel 1. New Joel

A Chapter by JoseG