Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by JoseG

Joel is walking at a rapid pace, weaving through crowds of people, he goes left and right, around and in between hordes of people. His vision is blurry of course who’s vision wouldn’t be blurry when their eyes are filled with tears. He hands his ticket to the flight attendant at the booth, and does not wait for her approval he just keeps walking by, he turns left into the boarding platform and walks straight again. He seems to be the first person to be boarding the plane, he is walking down the aisle looking for F-2 which is his seat. When he finally finds the seat, two of the largest teardrops the world has ever seen come crawling out of the corner of his beautiful dark brown eyes. He inhales and exhales again trying to regain composure he is about start a flight of only god knows how many hours, or to what destination. All he knows is he is about to leave this stupid city behind, where nobody will miss him. The flight attendant starts to speak

“Welcome aboard, guests, please locate the nearest Emergency exit”

The flight attendant continues to describe were the exits are located but all Joel can think of is he would not even try to go for an exit he would just sit there and wait for what he thinks would be the sweetest of all releases, the release of death from this world to the next.

He zones back in and the Flight attendant is still talking

“Please fasten your seatbelts, and remain seated while we take flight for turbulence will be at its peak, if you need any assistance at all press the call button at the top of your seat. Thank you and as always, we appreciate your trust in us “Flight Corp”

After a few minutes the flight takes off, and what normally made Joel nauseous today makes him feel free, alive as well as alone.

Joel wakes up to find the skinny blonde young man with headphones that was sitting next to him is gone, maybe he left because he had heard Joel snore. As he lets the brightness from the lights adjust his vision he sees him walking back. Maybe he just went to the restroom though Joel.

He gets to the aisle and Joel picks up his knees to let hit through as they young man crosses in front of him Joel notices how well in shape the young man is. Then another thought occurs to Joel, how did the young man get out. He barely fits right now rubbing his T-shirt with Joel’s face, earlier he must have been all over him. The thought is forced by Joel out of his mind before it gets any weirder.

The young man sits again, and Joel looks at him in a very noninvasive way but finds the young man is looking back at him, before Joel can say anything, the young man extends his arm and hand and says

“Hey, my name is Kohl, Kohl Winters” Joel extends his hand as well and handshakes Kohl. In a stupefied manner, Kohl seems to be waiting for something, then Joel realizes he has not introduced himself.

“Sorry, my name is Joel Mason, Nice to meet you Kohl” Thankfully the flight attendant interrupts through the speaker to say

“Please fasten your seatbelts we are about to land, anybody who is not yet sitting down please take a seat”

Kohl as in a rush fastens his seatbelt as does Joel just not in such a rapid manner. While the flight descends Joel keeps thinking of ways to start a conversation with Kohl again but comes up blank every time.  The flight attendant announces again trough the speaker phone.

“Thank You for flying with Flight Corp. You are now in New Orleans”

Joel’s heart skips a beat, New Orleans. He knew running away and picking up the first flight that was going out was impulsive and crazy but this feeling was not expected this enormous and heavy relief of freedom was not what he was expecting. He could walk out of this flight feeling new, at peace but mostly he was walking off this plane feeling free, and there was not one soul within a thousand-mile radius who could change that. In that moment Joel knew this was the best decision he had made in his entire life.



© 2017 JoseG


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

73 Views
Added on August 20, 2017
Last Updated on August 20, 2017


Author

JoseG
JoseG

Tyler, TX



About
I like writing, reading and watching movies and shows. more..

Writing
Being Me Being Me

A Book by JoseG


1. New Joel 1. New Joel

A Chapter by JoseG


2. Kohl 2. Kohl

A Chapter by JoseG