Ch.9 Joel

Ch.9 Joel

A Chapter by JoseG

Chapter 9. Joel

 

We are standing in the front of a beautiful Victorian style house, it was probably built in the early 1900’s by the looks of the house, but you can clearly see they remodeled the house maybe a few decades back. If you have not studied Victorian style for like a whole lifetime, some people would easily assume this house is original and no remodeling has been done to it.

I cannot wait to see the inside.

“Welcome to my Mansion, Mi casa es su casa” says Kohl while bowing and pointing his arm towards the inside of the house.

He had been trying for a few minutes now to get me to laugh, and with this he accomplished it. Not because of his intended joke but his Spanish accent was out of this world. It sounded like gibberish and yet I understood exactly what he meant.

I see him gawking at me as I laugh, he has been doing that for a while. I have also caught all his little remarks about my “sexy clothing” and “How long I have you”

However, I am starting to have doubts about sleeping with the boss because well I really do need this job. I like Kohl obviously but this is also a great opportunity for me.

“Come on” says Kohl, interrupting my thought.

I follow him and walk into the most beautiful dining room, it has a meticulously carved Oakwood table, the chairs are cushioned with what looks to be cream colored, cotton cushions. There is also the elegant chandelier, crystal teardrops trapped in a marvelous ensemble. We continue the rest of the tour but nothing quite as impressive comes of the tour. We finally end up in his room. I stand in his bedroom doorway; this room looks like it belongs to a sixteen-year-old. Clothes everywhere, the bed is leaning sideways, well to be clear the bed is broken. There is a poster of Taylor Swift on the wall, followed by one of Justin Bieber, only to be followed by a Selena Gomez. You can tell Kohl had a hard time choosing which side to role with.

“Sorry my room is a mess I just got in a few days ago, you know this. You were in the plane with me. Here take these, well never mind hold on” Says Kohl as he grabs all of his clothes and starts handing them to me. He stops and throws them into the bed. He runs to the other room and comes back in with several luggage bags.

“Here, help me” says Kohl as he hands me one of the bags.

“Just pack everything, you like and everything you don’t like, I am going shopping which means you can keep these, you are the same size as me right? You look like it 32x30” says Kohl he sounds excited though.

“I have done great things with these clothes so they are good clothes. Let’s see what you do with them” says Kohl closing up the bag.

I look at him and smile, I have never had someone give me so many clothes much less such expensive clothes. There was Guess, Banana Republic, Versace, and a lot of other names I could not pronounce.

“So let’s conclude today, You can have the rest of the day to try these on. Tomorrow we will pick up. With a locale, please have at least 3 office spaces scheduled for viewing tomorrow. Make those for the late afternoon, around 5:30, I will spend tomorrow getting us donors. Sound good? Asks Kohl

“Yea sounds great just one question, do you like a corner office and do you prefer a view? I say

“It doesn’t matter surprise me” answers Kohl.

“Come on I’ll take you home” says Kohl

I follow him struggling to carry all these bags. Thankfully Kohl sees me struggling and he helps me carry them. We don’t go out the front door as I expected instead a side door that leads to the garage. There sits a black impala. It is glossy as if it gets waxed daily. I see Kohl get in the car and out of a classic movie he gets the keys by pulling down the driver’s vanity mirror. He walks back around and opens the trunk and we load all the bags.

I look up when I am done placing the last bag in the trunk, I catch Kohl staring at me. I just walk to the passenger side, pretending I did not see anything.

The car ride with Kohl is not all that different from Joel’s except for the fact that this time it was not me the one who was singing it was Kohl. The song Grenade by Bruno Mars came on. We were arriving at the hotel and the chorus was about to start. I opened the door and all you heard was Kohl singing to the top of his lungs, “I’d catch a grenade for you.”

Everybody walking in and out of the hotel laughed, as well as I did. It was just funny how free he was. No not funny relieving. Somehow, he’s almost careless attitude made me feel happy.

I thanked him for the ride. He waved goodbye as he drove down Main St.

I start to go to my room, when Taylor suddenly pops up and says, “Let me help you with that”

I am thankful for the help and in desperate need of it so I let him help.

Finally, we arrive at my room and I am amazed at how many choices I have, to wear.

It is now about four nothing much I can do with scheduling the walkthroughs for tomorrow so I just agree to set them up in the morning. I can however research them. First, I need to hang all of these clothes.  

Lizbeth calls and I answer the phone.

“Hey, Liz” I say

“What are you doing” asks Liz

“Unpacking all the clothes my new boss just gave me” I reply

“New boss, gave you clothes. What aren’t you telling me Jo? Asks Liz concerned.

“I like him and I think he likes me. His name is Kohl. I don’t really think dating him would be a good idea. I am not even sure if I want to work for him but it’s a job and I need one so that’s what I have” I reply

Somebody knocks on the door.

“Hey Liz, I’ll call you back somebody is at the door probably Kohl, I hope its Kohl” I say.

I go to the door but before I open it I check to see who it is. There he is standing as calm and composed as ever. Not to mention good looking. Its Roan.

I open the door.

“What do you want? I ask Roan

“I want to talk, that is all I have ever wanted” says Roan.

I look at him wanting to read him wanting to know why he is here but nothing comes from it. I decide to close the door, but I remember he still has control of all my money. So, in an effort and miracle alike I let him in.

“Come in Roan” I say, as he walks through the door.



© 2017 JoseG


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

56 Views
Added on September 17, 2017
Last Updated on September 17, 2017


Author

JoseG
JoseG

Tyler, TX



About
I like writing, reading and watching movies and shows. more..

Writing
Being Me Being Me

A Book by JoseG


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by JoseG


1. New Joel 1. New Joel

A Chapter by JoseG