Ch.12 Joel

Ch.12 Joel

A Chapter by JoseG

Chapter 12. Joel

I wake up, and see Kohl sleeping across from me on the brown wooden chair, not a very comfortable position by the looks of it he is going to have terrible neck pain when he wakes up.  The pounding in my head gets louder and louder looking straight at the ray of lights coming in through the window and past the curtains did not help my case, it caused severe irritation in my eyes. I start looking for my phone frantically not knowing what time it is. Finally, I see it sitting in a table next to Kohl, as well as my wallet and his phone. I get up but this bed makes a loud squealing noise as soon as I move. I see Kohl move his sleeping body, clearly his body reacting to the sound made by the bed. I jump abruptly trying to make just one loud squeal rather than multiple softer ones. However, the plan doesn’t work because I overestimated my soberness and calibration, as soon as I landed on the floor I went sideways landing painfully on Kohl, pretty sure I elbowed him during my fall, he winces in pain. He awakens surprisingly calm and doesn’t assume I am trying to attack him,

“Good Morning” says Kohl,

“HI” I reply embarrassed I can feel my cheeks blushing. I get up quickly trying not to fall again.

“I was trying to get to my phone, to get the time to get ready to get to work…” I started to say but Kohl could tell I was rambling.

“Stop” says Kohl, “Just check the time, and then tell me the plan” he says.

I lean over get the phone and read the time 9:29AM.

“Okay its 9:30AM, Ill go to my room and get ready, and make some calls to get showings set up” I reply quickly, how could I be so stupid my first actual work day and I am a total mess.

“Okay sounds fine” replies Kohl.

I walk out of the room in a hurry only to find my room is next door, but I don’t have a key to the room so I go downstairs to get my key.

This time there is an older lady at the desk I ask for a key and gladly gives it to me.

I run back upstairs to get ready. I look at my closet its filled with so many clothes, how am I possibly going to decide what to wear. I then remember some fashion tips Liz used to tell me, black is always a good choice. However black is not what I want to wear so I think harder this time, I remembered she said khaki pants and light blue dress shirt was always a good choice. I look through the closet hoping to find exactly what I am looking for thankfully Liz and Kohl where on the same page. I add a black belt and my shoes are black I look at myself in the mirror and assume this is professional enough. Suddenly I remember I haven’t showered so I take it all off while quickly jumping into the shower, I grab my toothbrush and toothpaste so I can brush my teeth while I shower. Sure, it’s not very orthodox but it’s what I have to do to be ready in less than thirty minutes. I get out of the shower, put some deodorant on and put on my outfit again. I am finishing combing my hair, when I hear a knock on the door.

“It’s open” I say without thinking who it was only after the door was opening did it occur to me that it could be Roan.

However through the door walked in Kohl, with a perfect smile, messy morning hair as well as two cups of pumpkin spice latte.

“Here this is for you” says Roan handing me one of the cups.

“Thank you, but I am pretty sure we had agreed on me making the coffee for you” I reply.

“You are right however I didn’t make these just paid for them” replied Kohl smiling

I receive the cup and take a quick sip, it tastes disgusting not the latte but I just brushed my teeth and that mixture was terrible but I pretend to like it for the sake of kindness.

“Now that outfit is something worthy of you Jo” says Kohl.

I am sure he can see me blushing again, as I finish fixing that last piece of hair.

“So go ahead and set up showings after four I have a few things to go do before then, Do you have a car?

Asked Kohl

“Okay, and no I do not have a car but I can take a taxi for wherever I need to go” I replied trying to be as small a burden as I could be.

“None sense, go to my brothers apartment once you’ve set up the showings and ask him for a company car, he will now what that means” replied Kohl as he started to head for the door.

“No Kohl, I really don’t need that I can manage without a car” I replied almost beggingly, it was nice that I though he was cute and that he was trying to help me but I have not done anything to deserve so much special treatment.

“Jo, go get you a car like I have told you, you will need it” Replied Kohl in a definitive manner and I knew there was not going to be any more discussion about it.

Kohl leaves, and I look in the mirror, hardly recognizing myself I was dressed in probably the best clothes I have worn my entire life, In a city I don’t know, working for a guy I met on the plane while running away. I never believed when people said life does not turn out how you expected.

I called seven locations three of which had no showings anytime this week, one which was rude saying they don’t waste their time on maybes, so that only left three places, one was down the road off of ninth street, it used to be a lawyer’s office, the second was in the garden district, a little further than I would like but the views were incredible, and the last was right outside the French Quarter, probably the least desirable location, sure it was great for bars and restaurants but I don’t think it would be appropriate for a foundation.

Now that I had set those showings up, I needed a car. So as ordered by Mr. Kohl, I said mockingly in my head, I headed to his brother’s place.

Once I arrived there, I went straight to the apartment, the door was open but I still knocked no one answered I called out to Matt but to no avail. I decide to walk in because I fear something is wrong, however as I walk through the door I see Matt naked, with a whip in his hand he is using it on somebody, the person is tied up laying stomach flat on a swing, I had known about these things from pornos and that sort but never actually seen one, Matt still had not noticed me however the man on the swing had, he looked surprised and then it dawned on me he wasn’t surprised because he was naked he was surprised because I knew him it was Jacob.

 

 



© 2017 JoseG


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

39 Views
Added on October 8, 2017
Last Updated on October 8, 2017


Author

JoseG
JoseG

Tyler, TX



About
I like writing, reading and watching movies and shows. more..

Writing
Being Me Being Me

A Book by JoseG


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by JoseG


1. New Joel 1. New Joel

A Chapter by JoseG