Part One: After Chapter

Part One: After Chapter

A Chapter by Alex Thomas
"

Part One: The Spider

"

Chuck stared into the policeman’s eyes as he spat his final question.

“And you have no ideas as to where they could’ve gone?” His tone was suspicious. The words passed from chapped lips under a grey mustache.

Chuck shook her head. “None.”

In reply to this, he grunted. “Wonder how Donny made off with the maid. You have any friends to stay with?”

Chuck nodded. “The Johnston family.”

“Nice people, the Johnston’s. A bit odd, nice people though.”

Chuck cocked her head. “Does this mean that I’m not going back into foster care?” She nearly smiled.

“We’ll see. We want to keep you in the area while we continue the investigation. In six months, we’ll reevaluate your case.”

The other officer, the man named Donny came in with a very disheveled Ellen. “She doesn’t know anything. Either she’s lying or they really did just leave.”

“We’ll get a warrant and let these two go. Miss Montgomery will go to live with some friends and Ms. John will have to find residency elsewhere. That place should’ve been condemned years ago.”

Chuck turned to Ellen as if the two cops weren’t there. “Where are you going?”

Nonchalantly, Ellen shrugged, “I’m sure I can find a few friends to crash with until I get another job. Write me, Chuck. Tell me how you’re doing every now and again. And study hard. The important stuff. Stay healthy too. The flu is nasty right now.”

Amused, Chuck grinned. Interpreting Ellen’s hidden meanings, she nodded. “Don’t worry about it.”

“You won’t have to worry about her education. This one’s still got a semester at Leman’s banked up. After that though, who knows?”

Chuck nodded. Yeah who knows, what’s next?

 

End of Part One: The Spider



© 2011 Alex Thomas


Author's Note

Alex Thomas
I may be taking a short break before Part Two (:The Tiger) starts up. Thanks for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

You're welcome. I always enjoy your writings but I see something in this that has perked my interests. The officers are very VERY laid back. Like, too laid back. I was in foster care a while ago and learned one thing, they NEVER let you live somewhere unless the person is certified in the Foster Care-ish kind of parenting thing. I think that possibly including that Lizzies mom/dad have some sort of training in that would be good. Other than that, I can't wait for The Tiger.

Is it like, when you read a book and the book itself is divided into parts? That's how it seems.

p.s. I am hoping to see more of Ellen. (If she stays non-evil.)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

221 Views
1 Review
Added on June 12, 2011
Last Updated on June 12, 2011


Author

Alex Thomas
Alex Thomas

Boston, MA



About
I don't get on here much anymore. Here you can view my poetry, several short stories, some of my older work, and the beginnings of my second completed novel, Sleepwalker. To read the full novel and i.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Alex Thomas