Part Two: Chapter Seven

Part Two: Chapter Seven

A Chapter by Alex Thomas

Charlotte read over the words in her book carefully. Lately, it seemed her only respite from Eve was reading. With so few books in her possession, she had tried to memorize more spells and even a few brews. She skimmed over the healing brew. Then she stopped and stared at the page. “Maybe…” She folded the book on her bed and headed into the kitchen.

Eve sat at the kitchen table scanning the newspaper. She peered over it at Chuck. “What is it, b***h?” She grunted, sipping at her glass.

“Could I please make a brew? Just this once?” She tugged at her jeans.

“Why? Are you gonna poison me, girly?” She crumpled her paper.

Chuck rubbed the back of her neck. “No, it’s just a healing brew. It’s not for me.”

“I could if you would get me something.”

Eagerly, Chuck nodded. “Anything.”

“Use your powers to get me five hundred bucks. I’m a bit short this month.”

“But- Fine, fine. One woman’s greed made into her wealth, grant her five hundred dollars without any stealth.”

Five hundred-dollar bills landed in Eve’s arms. She grinned at Charlotte. “That’s a good girl. Kitchen is all yours. Thyme is in the skinny cabinet.” She patted her head.

Chuck furrowed her brow, hating that Eve had made such a pet of her. She pulled the thyme out of the cabinet and prepared the familiar brew, only she let it boil until it was not a hot liquid, but a thick paste. After scooping it into a bowl, and cleaning up after herself, she scuttled up the stairs. Patiently, she knocked on Danny’s door.

“Hey,” He opened it. When he saw that it was Chuck, he dropped his hood.

She grinned broadly, “Where else do you have scars?” She studied his calves.

“Just about everywhere, why?” He rubbed on self-consciously.

“Take off your shirt,” She ordered. When he complied, she smeared the brew on his face, chest, arms, and legs. “Wait for it.”

The brew sunk into his scars and Charlotte beamed at him, kissing the smooth skin of his cheek. “Go take a look.” She whispered in his ear.

Danny closed his door and peered into the mirror on the back of it. “Chuck, you…you did this? The scars…they’re gone. You did this?” He grinned. The beauty of his smile was untainted. He lifted Charlotte in the air, twirling her and laughing. He brought her back to his level, gently pressing his lips on hers. “Chuck, thank you. I want to take you out tonight. What do you say?”

“Out? What do you mean?”

He leaned in really close. “I want to take you on a date,” he whispered, brushing a dark curl behind her ear.

She blushed. Her face burned a dark scarlet color. “Eve wouldn’t…she…”

Danny shushed her. “Don’t worry about Eve. Tonight is about us. And it’s casual so you know, don’t get too dressed up on me.” He beamed at her.

“Because I have that option? Danny, I own four pairs of underwear. Let’s get real here.” They shared a laugh at her comment. Chuck stood. “I’d love to go out with you tonight. Right now, though, I have to go weed the garden.” She raised her eyebrows.

“I’ve never even seen Eve plant in there. I’ve never even seen her go near it. It’s a mess.” He scrunched his eyebrows confused.

“Precisely why she wants me to weed it.” Chuck shrugged, kissing his cheek as she walked out of his bedroom.

“Now for Eve,” Danny moaned. He took another look in the mirror at his face. After he pulled his tee shirt over his torso, he trucked downstairs into the kitchen. “Eve, I need a favor. I want-”

“What the f**k happened to your face? That’s what your little witchy-poo was up to huh? How sweet! You wanted something?”

Danny clenched his fists at her taunting. “I want to go out tonight…on a date…with Chuck.” He cleared his throat.

“With that little s**t? She lured you in huh? You know the going out routine. And I’ll have to talk to Charlotte first, but fine. You can take her on a little date.”

“Thanks, Eve.” He winked reaching in his pocket for some money. Danny hopped in the shower quickly. Then he sat at the table in the kitchen with Eve.

She offered Danny a drink; he declined.

Chuck entered the house. Dirt was smeared on her cheek and her curls were pinned down with sweat. She grinned at Danny. “I’ll be ready in twenty minutes.”

“Charlotte, before you get ready, let’s chat. Daniel, if you’ll excuse us…” Eve pulled Chuck into a chair at the table.

Danny gave Chuck a nervous stare as he backed out of the room.

“So, Charlotte, you’re going on a date, are you? He’s only after one thing in the end. And now, you perfected him. He doesn’t have to stick to just you now. You ruined it for yourself. Now he can go after any girl he pleases and can still get it from you. Now, before you go, I want to make sure that he’s not getting any from you anyway. Stand.”

Chuck didn’t move from the chair until Eve grabbed her shirt.

“I said stand, you stupid w***e!” Eve yanked her up by her sweaty and grimy shirt collar. “How far are you going to let him go?” She slapped Chuck’s chest; Chuck stumbled back. “A little touch?” She groped between the girl’s legs. “A little smack.” She tapped the girl’s behind.

Chuck continued to back away from her until her back was against the door. “I… I don’t know. M-Maybe just a kiss,” She stuttered, staring up at Eve.

“Just a kiss? He got a kiss for showing you his face, sweetheart. He wants you to go all the way.” She kicked up her foot between Charlotte’s legs. “But you’re not going to do that, are you?” When Chuck said nothing, she kicked her groin again. “ARE YOU?”

Frightfully, she shook her head no, wriggling in discomfort.

“Good, now get out of my sight, you spineless worm.” She shoved her toward the stairs and sipped at her drink.

Once Charlotte was ready, her and Danny prepared to leave.

Eve stopped them with a piece of paper and a knife. “Read it and slice it.” The paper read in Eve’s handwriting, ‘I will be back in this kitchen in three hours.’ She handed Danny the knife.

Carefully, he stabbed the knife into his finger and pressed it to the paper; Chuck did the same.

“You’ve got three hours. Scram.” Eve snarled, pointing to the door. “Don’t waste them. And Charlotte, don’t forget our chat.” With Chuck’s nod, Eve watched them leave.

“What did you chat about?” Danny queried suspiciously, reaching for Chuck’s hand. He smiled at her encouragingly.

“About how I’m not going to sleep with you mostly. So, where are we going?”

He replied, “Since we haven’t had dinner and all, I thought we’d get ice cream.” In the setting sun, he led her to a small ice cream place, even ordering her favorite.

At one of the picnic tables, they talked, still eating off the cones.

“How can you eat mint chocolate chip? It tastes like toothpaste.”

“Well, what’s the appeal of a frozen marshmallow?” He retaliated. “And you never know; you might like mint chocolate. Try it.” He smeared it on her face.

Through giggles, she tried to do the same to him. Chuck wiped her face of the gluey stuff with a napkin. “You’re gross.” She laughed.

“I’m not the sticky one.” He teased jokingly. Thoughtfully, Danny frowned. “Run away with me.”

“We signed a paper saying we’d be back…”

“Not now, just sometime. Run away with me.”



© 2011 Alex Thomas


Author's Note

Alex Thomas
Thanks for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Do it Chuck. Do it. You could even run to Lizzies house!

Again, I hate Eve. I think I may say that each time so get used to it :) I still love Danny though and I think that they could very easily survive with only each other. Danny and his tiger-ness and Chuck with her witch-y-ness. They could do just fine.

I don't like that contract though. Blood? Really? Something is seriously WRONG with that woman. Ugh. She disgusts me with how she touches Chuck. It's kinda obvious that Danny wouldn't do anything. He's too sweet.

If Eve had a garden she never used then maybe Chuck could get away with grossing some brew ingredients. I'm so happy that she cured him of his scars. Good chapter

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

263 Views
1 Review
Added on July 13, 2011
Last Updated on July 13, 2011


Author

Alex Thomas
Alex Thomas

Boston, MA



About
I don't get on here much anymore. Here you can view my poetry, several short stories, some of my older work, and the beginnings of my second completed novel, Sleepwalker. To read the full novel and i.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Alex Thomas





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5