Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Stewart
"

It is Day 1 of the journal, and the day after the gruesome killing.

"

Day 1

 

Today is the day after the horrible events that hit our town. The media didn’t take long before it got to the scene, and the police department couldn’t hold all of them back. Because we live in a small town, the news really comes and goes, very quickly. But this was the biggest story of the month. Last month, something similar just flew by, like we didn’t care that someone was murdered.


This time, it was a couple who, for what the police department knew, had no enemies and nothing bad to be said about them.


There is only something really wrong with everything. Some of the evidence that I’ve been going over myself, apart from my dad--the Sheriff. The marks all over their bodies, the claw marks, bite marks. There was no doubt it was an animal. Like a dog with rabies or something.


One other detail confuses me, worries me to the point where all I want to do is break down and cry.

I think I did it.



© 2014 Stewart


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think this sounds a little robotic and its very short for a first chapter or prologue. There is no description of the place or people and not really any tension going on. The sentence, "There is only something really wrong with everything." It doesn't make much sense. Perhaps you should read your work aloud to ensure it sounds good.

(I couldn't help feeling that there is something really wrong going on here.) May be more fitting for that line.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Nice work it feels like a preview to an episode of Blood Lies and Alibis

Posted 9 Years Ago


Suspense is key and I think you are grasping it will. Great.

Posted 9 Years Ago


This is an interesting start. There's a lot of suspense and mystery and I wonder whether the point of view is that of a human or an animal, as the reference to claws suggests. I like the way you use short sentences and I'm really interested to see what happens next.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

209 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 10, 2014
Last Updated on August 10, 2014


Author

Stewart
Stewart

Milton, NY



About
Hey! My name is (as you probably guessed) Stewart. I'm an aspiring author/writer/game designer. There is a lot to do in life, and I'm just sitting at my desk trying to make these cool stories and awes.. more..

Writing
Hex Driver Hex Driver

A Book by Stewart


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Stewart