Chapter 7

Chapter 7

A Chapter by Stewart
"

The town is going crazy.

"

Day 22

 

I have no clue what is going on. The town is in a total riot, shouting outside our house saying that my father needs to step down from his position as Sheriff. People are throwing rocks, some coming through the window, and my dad is resisting the urge to grab one of his various guns to start retaliating. His level of patients and calm is disturbing to me. The entire situation, sounds and lights, rocks and all, is getting to me.


I looked in the mirror and had to take a few steps back. My eyes were yellow, glowing bright. There were sharper fingernails extending from my fingertips, sharper teeth in the front of my mouth. The image is more than frightening. It’s terrible, absolutely horrifying.


“What is happening to me, dad?”


“Nothing out of the ordinary,” he told me.


I screamed back. “What do you mean!? Dad, it is out of the ordinary to have eyes this bright, claws, and oversized canine teeth.”


“Not for us,” I remember him saying. The way he said it was weird, unsettling. Every drop of liquid in my stomach flipped and danced about. Vomiting didn’t sound so bad. That is when he put a hand on my shoulder, when I curled up and nearly ruined the carpet. His eyes were different, too. They were a darker yellow, but all the same glowing on his face. “You know what we are.”


“I do?”


Only one word came to mind. It was something only possible in movies. There was no such thing as supernatural creatures like the word on my mind, but I spoke it slowly and took the entire thought in.


“Werewolf.”


The Sheriff only nodded.


It took forever--actually, only four more hours--before the crowd of people left. The results even came back to the police department during out standoff. The hair was fur, from a wolf. We didn’t have wolves around here. It only aided my dad in his explanation of our family history later on over a nice dinner meal of hamburgers, meat. They never tasted so good rare, almost not even cooked. Our eyes lit up as we had our feast.


I hope the beef was beef and not some human my dad had saved.


We were monsters, still, as far I was concerned. I never knew what was going to come out of his mouth next.



© 2014 Stewart


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
Added on August 10, 2014
Last Updated on August 10, 2014


Author

Stewart
Stewart

Milton, NY



About
Hey! My name is (as you probably guessed) Stewart. I'm an aspiring author/writer/game designer. There is a lot to do in life, and I'm just sitting at my desk trying to make these cool stories and awes.. more..

Writing
Hex Driver Hex Driver

A Book by Stewart


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Stewart