Rough day

Rough day

A Chapter by BlackVeilBridesBVBArmy

As I stood at the side of the road, I realized I was being watched. Did they really think that I was that stupid? It’s the Vampyre School of Death. Why won’t they leave me alone? I guess it’s my fault. I'm the one who let them find out I was a Hybrid. Stupid Vampyres, did they really think by offering me a scholarship and an excessive amount of money that they could get me to go with them? I knew as soon as I went with them they would turn me into a full Vampyre to enhance my magik and then use me to do whatever they pleased. I was so not getting caught.

I started walking across the street and into the bar. The guy at the gate looks me up and down.

“How old are you?" he asked in a disgusted tone. It isn't hard to figure out he thinks I'm a hooker. By the way I’m dressed I wouldn't blame him. Black leather corset over a black tank top, hair so orange it looked like bottled sunlight, and knee high boots cutting just below my skirt with skin colored leggings.

" I'm sixteen and don't plan on getting pregnant or drunk anytime soon so just let me in and tell the bar not to give me anything" I say, I wish Tom were here, he is the one who usually watches the gate, and he lets me in no questions asked. I come here so much as soon as I walk in the guys in the back are already sending me drinks that consist of my favorites, they acted like my father, when he had been around.

“Go right in, but I better not see alcohol one inch near you." He says, angered by my attitude. I walk right in and sit at an empty bar seat.

“The usual Miss Mathews?" Zachariah says. He is the bartender's apprentice, he is my best friend, and I consider him my brother. He looks exactly like me in every way, except he is 5" 7’ to my 5" 2’.

“I told you long ago to stop calling me Miss Mathews, Zach and you only ever call me that when you have bad news to tell me so spill." I've known Zach my whole life; we went to the same foster home, and ran away together.

“They are asking about you again Mage. And they seem determined to get what they want." Zach seemed upset.

“Zach, there is no way in hell that they'll ever get me, and I'll make sure of it OK? So just stop worrying and come clubbing with me." I know I can have fun at the bar, but Zach needs to loosen up, and I need to meet a cute guy really badly. Not that Zach wasn't cute, he wasn't really my taste, and I loved him, but like a brother.

“I’m on duty, and I can’t leave or else I'll get fired." He is such a f*****g newbie if he thinks the rules are that strict.

“Zach I can get you out of work, you just have to say you'll come clubbing with me!"

“OK, but if I get fired I blame you!"

I smile, then climb over the bar table and go to the back storage room. I climb the stairs that lead to Eddie’s room, and knock on the door.

“Go the f**k away!" He's always like this. He can be such an a*****e unless it’s got anything to do with me. You see, Eddie is in love with me. He is the picture perfect guy. Black hair, deep violet eyes you could stare into forever, and a body so fine that a girl could spend hours inspecting and never find anything she didn't like. Like I said, he's the picture perfect guy. He just wasn't my picture perfect guy.

I met him when I was traveling with Zach, 14 years old and new nothing about the world. Him being the same age, he thought we just lived down the street and came to play with him.

After we got to know him, his father died, just like my parents and everyone I loved. That’s why I don't love anyone anymore; it’s too dangerous for them. Eddie knows this, which is why he had no problem telling me he was in love with me and had been since we met.

“Hey, it’s me open up!" He instantly changes his tone of mood and runs to unlock the door.

“Hey! Love you, good morning!" He tells me every time he sees me that he loves me, so that I'll never forget. Sometimes I even say it back... When I want something. (:

“I love you too; good mornings consist of it actually being morning and not the middle of the day." He is a human-Vampyre, not an uncommon breed. So he tends to stay asleep till I wake him up.

“You said I love you back, which means you want something, so what is it this time, and am I going to have to pay deeply for it?" He lets me in with a smile, and I know that he will do anything just to hear me say those words, even if I don't mean them.

“I just want to take Zach and you clubbing, it seems like you two really need it. And yes you have to pay for it, but I get my paycheck from the government tomorrow." The government pays me to stay alive and not pick between my blood lines. I do both so I get paid 25,000 dollars every 2 weeks, so I'm filthy f*****g rich. I keep my money with me at all times, I Bespelled them into one card that has a limitless amount of how much I can put on it. The card is connected to a drawer in my room that I locked and melted the key too. I don't trust banks considering half of them belong to Vampyres and they could use my money as blackmail to get me to join them.

“OK but I get to be your date this time and Zach has to drive!" Last time we went clubbing this one guy wouldn't leave me alone so I told him Zach was my boyfriend. He had no problem playing the part because all he had to do was kick the guy’s a*s.

“OK, but if I find a guy I like then you have to let me go." Knowing him he would tell every guy in the club that I was his and then no guy would even look at me.

“The chances of you finding a guy that can handle you, you being a hybrid and all, are zero to none unless you count me." The term that they are using for me now, because I'm the only one of my kind, is hybrid, considering I have all the advantages and no disadvantages of being a mix breed.

We head down stairs in a hurry, wanting to get the hell out of the bar.

“Zach, come on we are going clubbing!" Eddie yells at Zach, who jumps nearly five feet in the air, literally too, considering he is half human half something. We never could find out what he was. And just like that we were out the door and heading for my favorite place in town, CLUB GARDANIA.



© 2012 BlackVeilBridesBVBArmy


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
Added on February 11, 2012
Last Updated on February 11, 2012


Author

BlackVeilBridesBVBArmy
BlackVeilBridesBVBArmy

Houston, TX



About
I love to Dance, to Write, and listen to music. Im open and random sometimes, my favorite color is black, I love hanging with friends. more..

Writing